ADVERTISEMENT

The Rose Bowl...is it only on the NFL channel?

Please good lord don't let it be Brent Musberger doing the Rose Bowl in the booth this year. Please God...

DVR pause for about 11 seconds is what usually matches up Jones/Ham for me. Herbie can bite the hoagie.

He'll do the whole game in a state of semi-conscious depression after his precious buckeyes get trounced by Clemson. He'll be more crestfallen after we beat USC.

Jones and Ham it is...now, gotta ONCE AGAIN figure out the damn garage band delay from gopsusports to get the stupid sync right.

Live radio - or internet radio? Live radio will be well ahead of anything other than being there.

Yes, live. I could deal with radio being 7 seconds ahead or whatever if we were playing some scrub. It's bad enough (and I love Jack but he drives me nuts) I gotta hear Jack groan into the mic when a play goes bad before Jonesy calls it and then watch it 10 seconds later against a team we can lose to, if you feel me.

Nitt, how do you do this? Instructions please...
I have downloaded a "Penn State Sports Gameday Live" app on my tablet (and phone). Then, you go to the "events" section where it shows the scheduled games (football, bball hockey, etc). Within that particular game you will find a link to the radio broadcast.

Then, it is just a matter of delaying the dvr for 10-15 seconds until the radio broadcast catches up to the tv picture. Make sure you have a good internet connection or you will get a lot of buffering of the radio broadcast.

Reactions: 21Guns
Nitt, how do you do this? Instructions please...
I have a sort of complicated setup that involves music from my desktop (w/ a 47" monitor) to a receiver via a stereo-link DAC. The DAC takes over for the sound card on the puter and plays over the bose system (like the tv would if I wanted it to).

This could be done w/ a laptop and an oontz just as easily though. It's just a matter of syncing w/ the dvr pause on the remote - which is surprisingly easy.

Reactions: 21Guns
Youse lads are talkin' German. I can deal with no sound on TV. ;)
Just find a way to pause your hearing aid for 11 seconds and listen to the transistor radio.

I kid VEB! I KID!

Hulu-Triumph-Election-Special-2016.jpg

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
DVR pause for about 11 seconds is what usually matches up Jones/Ham for me. Herbie can bite the hoagie.
I wish that I had a DVR so that I could do that. I tend to mute between snaps in order to avoid the TV announcers.

Sorry I was having a senior moment; I meant the Steelers/Ravens game.

Just read your the post you authored, and click on the wrench, and then select edit title. ... to change it the Steelers/Ravens....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT