ADVERTISEMENT

The Embarrassment!

Temple is a good choice, but I’d rather have Army and Navy over the other two. We’d already have one FCS program moving up in Villanova. I’d LOVE these Thanksgiving Weekend matchups:

• Army vs Navy (best rivalry in college football)
• Boston College vs UConn (lots of bad blood over the Huskies getting denied an ACC invitation)
• Pitt vs Syracuse (long time eastern football rivalry)
• Temple vs Villanova (who doesn’t love a city game?)

Would make for a fun appetizer leading up to Big East basketball. Depending on our non-conference schedule, we could even contend for a CFP bid under the upcoming 5+7 model. I’d take that.
Yes sir re Bob, there’s nothing as satisfying as beating up your younger siblings and grandparents to make one feel better about themselves. And if you received a CFP bid, maybe the real teams would have to play you with one arm tied behind their back.

Yes sir re Bob, there’s nothing as satisfying as beating up your younger siblings and grandparents to make one feel better about themselves. And if you received a CFP bid, maybe the real teams would have to play you with one arm tied behind their back.
Hey, if the ACC blew up and we became a basketball school again (I wish we still were), I’d be just fine with that setup for football. We’d probably get Notre Dame and WVU on the schedule as well… it’d just be exchanging a few ACC cupcakes for some Big East cupcakes.

I’ve said it before on here: I’m a Pitt hoops fan first. We should’ve always prioritized basketball. The Steelers will always be the top dog in Pittsburgh, but we were able to become the city’s defacto NBA team when we were at our peak. Heck, I had a few PSU football friends join the bandwagon when we were battling UConn and Georgetown in the 2000s. I’d love to get back to that.

Such a joke. Times economics and finances have changed since the days where we would take a bus from our little town filled with Penn State and Pitt fans to games played in Three Rivers stadium.

You can blow smoke all you want I don't think they're going down a division I think they're going into a lesser conference l. In fact I don't think it, I know it. Answer this, which of the big boys is courting PITT? I SEE A GOOSE EGG!
Sure, they might. Not what the original post was about.

Sure, they might. Not what the original post was about.
I didn't post the OP. I know the OPer has some kind of emotional fixation. I don't. But with crowds smaller than that or Edinboro or Slippery Rock in the stands and a media rating which is negligible, the market dictates that Pitt will have to make a change.

I honestly think that Some of the low fruit in the bigs may have to be forced out as well. Now That money and corporate power are 100% driving the show. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm not betting against myself. It sucks but when myopic extremism forces change (money over everything else) a lot of tradition gets destroyed.

Last edited:
Jurkjolly will continue to make PiT look stupid. Along with Nardicki.

PiT needs to get out of 1A.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT