ADVERTISEMENT

The debacle in Piscataway deepens

Suriano has nothing to do with RAC being half as big as the other conference arenas.

Unless, of course, the arena can hold 15k of him but only 8k of the average New Jersey resident.
i blame the distribution of tix on rutgers. i blame the venue on the bt. have been to the last 10 bts and have never had a problem getting tix. could not get them this year due to rutgers distribution process with limited seating. this one is the closest to my home, & i'll sit it out. will not pay inflated prices on secondary markets to enrich rutgers season ticket holders:mad:.

Reactions: TheButcher2
i blame the distribution of tix on rutgers. i blame the venue on the bt. have been to the last 10 bts and have never had a problem getting tix. could not get them this year due to rutgers distribution process with limited seating. this one is the closest to my home, & i'll sit it out. will not pay inflated prices on secondary markets to enrich rutgers season ticket holders:mad:.
I offered my extra to a knowledgeable poster on the Iowa boards for face value and he took it.Are you going to NCAA?

I went to grad school at Rutgers, lived on the Busch campus and had my classes on the College Avenue campus. Sometimes I turned around because it was taking so long to get to the College Avenue campus that I would miss my class. It's not 5 minutes driving except maybe at 3am - and certainly not when there is a parking lot cluster#$@*.

I will agree that the B1G dropped the ball big time on this one. But Goodale's whole cloth nonsense about the B1G picking Rutgers because of the stellar program and ability to sell 6200 tickets really set me off. He's like a variation on the old joke about lawyers lying.

I really hope the B1G has learned from this poor choice and doesn't allow Rutgers to host again until they can secure a proper venue for the event. And the silliness about people being super turned off by Prudential Center's neighborhood is poppycock. They host the NJ Devils and all sorts of concerts all the time and do quite well. Plus, who's going to mess around with a group of wrestling fans? :D
Glad you realize the big 10 dropped the ball on this one.I could care a less when people pile on Rutgers (some good laughs) but this issue with 6200 was the big 10 fault they were aware of the capacity.

Because they did what every school does offer seats to season ticket holders 1st.Theyve a small venue and the big 10 gave them the event.Sounds like the issue should be with the big 10 not Rutgers.I don't remember the same complaints when Michigan St had it
Nope. The issue is with the host school that lacked the intelligence and skill set to be a host.

West2East... We get it you are a Rutgers lover/PSU hater but you have about 30 posts on this thread saying the same thing over and over. (Starting to sound like my wife going on and on and on and on...)

Blame the BIG for the venue if you want (weak b/c Rutgers could have fixed this with or without the BIG influence) but the way Rutgers sold tickets is wrong. To hold the conference championship but not have tix for the other schools?????

Glad you realize the big 10 dropped the ball on this one.I could care a less when people pile on Rutgers (some good laughs) but this issue with 6200 was the big 10 fault they were aware of the capacity.

Or Rutgers could have passed on hosting in 2020 because they knew they couldn't host the event in an adequate fashion at the RAC.

Sounds like a issue to bring up with the big 10 since they were aware of the size of the RAC when they gave Rutgers the tournament.The big 10 also invited Rutgers into the conference without them having big enough venues.Its all a big 10 issue but Penn St fans like to pile on Rutgers whenever they can regardless if they're at fault or not.Suriano still had something to do with every post bashing Rutgers who you kidding
Amazing. Your argument goes, yes Rutgers is incompetent and it is the Big10's fault. Typical Rutgers' critical thinking.

Reactions: chrisrn1965
West2East... We get it you are a Rutgers lover/PSU hater but you have about 30 posts on this thread saying the same thing over and over. (Starting to sound like my wife going on and on and on and on...)

Blame the BIG for the venue if you want (weak b/c Rutgers could have fixed this with or without the BIG influence) but the way Rutgers sold tickets is wrong. To hold the conference championship but not have tix for the other schools?????
Not a Rutgers fan and many on this board who have given me tickets to duals know that.I have also sold them face value tickets to the last few NCAA tournaments.You couldn't be more wrong.But you do you and I will be me.Enjoy the Bigs and Ncaa

In 1984 Princeton hosted the National Championship. I went to finals. It was not at Princeton. It was at the Meadowlands Arena
The sport has grown in popularity in the last 35 years, I really don't understand the thought of Rutgers and the Big Ten to allow this to happen. Shame on both to not think of the general public. Seems to me Rutgers is using it a recruiting tool.

Regardless of venue, supply and demand is a thing. For college wrestling, the wrath from fans for Des Moines, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh was very real, and very public (with social media being so prominent).

I agree, the RAC is a bad idea, if only for capacity reasons, but has the B1G’s ever been off-campus? I don’t remember any. If (when?) that happens, the price will skyrocket, then many will have a new complaint. $40-$45 ($25 for seniors), has been a real bargain.

Fix and Micic are still on their schools' rosters.

Well, maybe it depends on the school then. I thought taking an ORS meant withdrawing from school (which would also take them off the team roster).

I guess my point was that an ORS guy no longer being listed on the roster doesn't mean he's "gone". Manville is not currently on PSU's roster, Yanni is not currently on Cornell's roster. I don't think either of those guys are "gone" from their respective schools.

In 1984 Princeton hosted the National Championship. I went to finals. It was not at Princeton. It was at the Meadowlands Arena
The sport has grown in popularity in the last 35 years, I really don't understand the thought of Rutgers and the Big Ten to allow this to happen. Shame on both to not think of the general public. Seems to me Rutgers is using it a recruiting tool.

Ah, Wrecking Ball. Great album.

The big 10 knew that 6200 seats would be the capacity.And they let Rutgers host.Rutgers has a venue on campus and the big 10 never suggested moving it.Not sure how this is Rutgers fault.If the big 10 wanted it in a bigger arena they could've asked for it or skipped Rutgers in the rotation.Most big 10 venues hold 15,000.So with 9000 less seats tickets are limited.Hopefully the people that are so upset about it they've to hate on Rutgers actually contact the big 10 and complain.The issue is it's so close every Penn St fan wants tickets now but when it was at Michigan St not many Penn St fans went.
I've hated Rutgers long before this, like pouring gas on a fire for me.

Reactions: danoftw
Anyone taking an Olympic redshirt is removed from their team's roster.
True, but there is more to the story than just “Olympic Redshirt“ with Suriano and Rutgers. There was a major falling out and unless Nick and his father can swallow their pride, expect to see him moving on to college #3. The Rutgers fans I know have generally moved on from the Suriano family. He’s has been training at the NYCRTC with Valentin Kalika.

Reactions: danoftw
That's a outright lie, you listed them for 200.00 the same day you list them on BWI
You mustve me mistaken with someone else.Never sold a ticket for more then face value.Few on this board have got them.Gave AFhawk86 my extra big 10 seat for face value.Will look up the names of the people I gave NCAA tickets to in the past 1 is a foot Dr near Scranton I remember that.So you've mixed up with someone else

You mustve me mistaken with someone else.Never sold a ticket for more then face value.Few on this board have got them.Gave AFhawk86 my extra big 10 seat for face value.Will look up the names of the people I gave NCAA tickets to in the past 1 is a foot Dr near Scranton I remember that.So you've mixed up with someone else
You asked for 200 and the next post said sold, you also asked on BWI. post was removed .

I have since left the Garden State behind, but ten years ago, my friends and I (and everyone else in the great state of New Jersey) referred to Rutgers by another name that rhymes with "utgers". So, while the school's ability to host sizable wrestling events is dubious, there is still fun to be had elsewhere.

You asked for 200 and the next post said sold, you also asked on BWI. post was removed .
Asked where? I have never once advertised tickets I told AFhawk86 I had a extra that's all.Your lying.One thing I have never done and never will do is make money off wrestling fans.Have sold many tickets for face value.Actually have a extra in V6 row 1 for ncaa if you want it we can sit with each other and I can tell you your a liar the whole weekend.

True, but there is more to the story than just “Olympic Redshirt“ with Suriano and Rutgers. There was a major falling out and unless Nick and his father can swallow their pride, expect to see him moving on to college #3. The Rutgers fans I know have generally moved on from the Suriano family. He’s has been training at the NYCRTC with Valentin Kalika.

Knew they are volatile, but this is hard to believe. Hopefully, we will hear the last of these ........ fairly soon.

Asked where? I have never once advertised tickets I told AFhawk86 I had a extra that's all.Your lying.One thing I have never done and never will do is make money off wrestling fans.Have sold many tickets for face value.Actually have a extra in V6 row 1 for ncaa if you want it we can sit with each other and I can tell you your a liar the whole weekend.
You are right it was Corknlace, I do apologize, I will double check things better before calling someone out. I still don't agree on the rest of the ticket situation.

Reactions: Corknlace
Suriano is a convenient excuse. It's the fans. That's what it is about. The fans are so easy to dislike.

I imagine, that lime most groups of people, there are some horrible ones, with most being reasonable.
If you have evidence to the contrary, I would love to hear it.

Knew they are volatile, but this is hard to believe. Hopefully, we will hear the last of these ........ fairly soon.

It was an RTC dispute because the RTC brought Tomasello in, according to apparently reliable, and non-contradicted, reports. Very bitter parting.

The Rutgers fan base from my fairly extensive experience is generally uninformed and accepts whatever bs Goodale spreads as gospel. And very loud. At the Rutgers/Rider match, they were booing a Rider wrestler because he was using blood time. Never mind police intervention being required to break up a dispute between parents later in the match. Parents, mind you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT