ADVERTISEMENT

The debacle in Piscataway deepens

Schools DID get tickets. Because of the much smaller numbers, the few that were given were taken by wrestler's families, and others tied to the university, as I understand. Again, it's my understanding that the small arena prevented Rutgers from having larger sections assigned as has been the case for all the other Big Ten Championships I've attended.

Or their policy of offering 12 tickets to each season ticket account before allocating tickets precluded it.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Schools DID get tickets. Because of the much smaller numbers, the few that were given were taken by wrestler's families, and others tied to the university, as I understand. Again, it's my understanding that the small arena prevented Rutgers from having larger sections assigned as has been the case for all the other Big Ten Championships I've attended.

RU is so bad.....Tan Tom reportedly says he was treated better in rec hall.

At the Rutgers/Rider match, they were booing a Rider wrestler because he was using blood time. Never mind police intervention being required to break up a dispute between parents later in the match. Parents, mind you.

Was Mr. Suriano involved in the dispute?

Nope those seats are only available on StubHub according to Matter StubHub is full of seats in 116:rolleyes:

Haha. There were two tickets offered in 116 when I posted that and someone apparently caught on and they were pulled. But okay

Word on the Rutgers board is that they realized they can't fit four mats onto the RAC floor unless they eliminate sections 111-116 and the first two rows of sections 101-106. There are still tickets in 116 on sale on Stubhub. It's a conundrum.

If it's true, it means Rutgers is going to have to eliminate 500-1000 seats from the already-too-small RAC and attendance will be around Rec Hall levels.

Apparently, Goodale is totally unaware that the B1G tournament rotates between schools. He seems to think they are hosting because their program is so good and that they can sell out the RAC. At least that's what he's saying on the record. Bless his heart. :rolleyes:
Sitting in the corner by mat 1. Several wrestlers had to be “saved” from tumbling off the raised platform. One Minny wrestler extended a hand during action to keep his opponent from tumbling off the raised platform ..... only to be pinned 20 seconds later. Media tables on the side where the stands are rolled up can’t be more than 5’ off the edge of the mat. Just a matter of time until someone eats a laptop or collapses a table a la WWE. The coaches can’t be happy.

A few thoughts on the Rac. The bleacher seats suck. Can't get around that. Getting in and out was fast and easy. Prices at arena seem high but I guess they are in most places. Views are good but the floor seems rather cramped. The Rutgers staff have been very nice.

Sitting in 303 and the view is way better than it will be for the people stuck in the 200 level at the BJC next year. The bleacher seats do suck, though. If they were flat they might be a little better, but they're kind of "form-fitting" and might be comfortable for someone weighing 120 lbs.

Sitting in the corner by mat 1. Several wrestlers had to be “saved” from tumbling off the raised platform. One Minny wrestler extended a hand during action to keep his opponent from tumbling off the raised platform ..... only to be pinned 20 seconds later. Media tables on the side where the stands are rolled up can’t be more than 5’ off the edge of the mat. Just a matter of time until someone eats a laptop or collapses a table a la WWE. The coaches can’t be happy.

My fear is someone falling backwards out of bounds and hitting the back of their head or their neck on the edge of the media table. Someone could get killed that way. It is an unacceptable risk.

My fear is someone falling backwards out of bounds and hitting the back of their head or their neck on the edge of the media table. Someone could get killed that way. It is an unacceptable risk.
Yes - Paris went into the table with Stevenson holding a leg up. I caught a picture of the moment from front row seat and you can see Paris eying up the table. I think both wrestlers recognized the situation and let up. Old news, but, the RAC is too tight for tournament action.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT