ADVERTISEMENT

I'm the luckiest mfing man in the world

N&B4PSU

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Our internet/tv blew on friday. This meant I had no TV and no internet. It also meant my wife had no TV and no internet (yes, there's a tradeoff in there).

So I missed that debacle. In all its glory.

Rather than rehash it (i presume the board went ballistic... I'm not bothering to hit the threads) i can say only this... my binge watching CFB friends told me that if I thought illinois was an ugly stain, wait til they see what osu does to us.

Scores provided: 77-7... 68-10... 82-6. osu is on a vision quest to be in the mnc.. we're in a dumpster fire.

I'd like to think we can do a little better than that but, frankly, i'm not hopeful at all. Based on the last 2 games, it's apparent the only possible win is rutgers... and i'm not remotely sure of that. We dump this season we lose at least 5 of the recruits. And the snowball goes downhill fast... The issue isn't just an OT loss... it's HOW we got there.

And all is well.

Says Kevin Bacon

And yeah... a 50% SC and no Mustipher are huge problems but geez... you gotta have the backdoor at least partially covered. Say the uh-oh kid at Rikers...

Reactions: BW Lion and psu00
Our internet/tv blew on friday. This meant I had no TV and no internet. It also meant my wife had no TV and no internet (yes, there's a tradeoff in there).

Rather than rehash it (i presume the board went ballistic... I'm not bothering to hit the threads) i can say only this... my binge watching CFB friends told me that if I thought illinois was an ugly stain, wait til they see what osu does to us.

Scores provided: 77-7... 68-10... 82-6. osu is on a vision quest to be in the mnc.. we're in a dumpster fire.

I'd like to think we can do a little better than that but, frankly, i'm not hopeful at all. Based on the last 2 games, it's apparent the only possible win is rutgers... and i'm not remotely sure of that.
I'd wager money with anyone that's interested on how many games we win this season, with the over/under set at 6.5 (me taking the over). That means if we only win one more game, you'd win. If the only apparent "possible win" is Rutgers, and that's not a given, it's easy $ to start off the Holiday season for you (or anyone else).

Reactions: AWS1022
I'd wager money with anyone that's interested on how many games we win this season, with the over/under set at 6.5 (me taking the over). That means if we only win one more game, you'd win. If the only apparent "possible win" is Rutgers, and that's not a given, it's easy $ to start off the Holiday season for you (or anyone else).
Give me 7.5

Our offense couldn't score 10 on Illinois at home. How in the world does some friend of yours think we'll score 10 on OSU in their house?

Our defense will play better than giving up 77. My guess is something like 52-0. Keeping OSU under 60 will be our 'victory' this weekend.

I'd like to think we can do a little better than that but, frankly, i'm not hopeful at all. Based on the last 2 games, it's apparent the only possible win is rutgers... and i'm not remotely sure of that. We dump this season we lose at least 5 of the recruits. And the snowball goes downhill fast... The issue isn't just an OT loss... it's HOW we got there.

And all is well.

Says Kevin Bacon

And yeah... a 50% SC and no Mustipher are huge problems but geez... you gotta have the backdoor at least partially covered. Say the uh-oh kid at Rikers...
So if it’s closer than your football guru buddies say, will the anti-Franklin crowd on here give him credit for a well coached game?

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow99
So if it’s closer than your football guru buddies say, will the anti-Franklin crowd on here give him credit for a well coached game?
Better be a LOT closer. 35-24 works. Anything over 40 points is a cluster. He goes to osu, makes it a real game that has osu'ers nervous... that's a WIN.

Reactions: nits74
Better be a LOT closer. 35-24 works. Anything over 40 points is a cluster. He goes to osu, makes it a real game that has osu'ers nervous... that's a WIN.
Then the wizards will bitch because we could have won, but Franklin blew it. You don’t really understand how this board works, do you?

Reactions: MaconNitt
24 points against O$U at the Shoe at night? They could run out just plain old Ohio and we would be hard pressed to get 24 under those circumstances.

24 points against O$U at the Shoe at night? They could run out just plain old Ohio and we would be hard pressed to get 24 under those circumstances.
You do know that Ohio lost to Duquesne? They're pretty bad this year.

Reactions: MacNit07
Agree with you, but it's a shame that it's come to this. Where we are content with "moral victories". That's where the program is these days.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
OSU 52 PSU 6. We score a field goal off of an OSU turnover on their own side of the field in the first half. The first string offense will manage a drive for a FG late in the game against OSU's 4th string defense. Take OSU and give the points.

It really did not happen on Saturday-it was just a collective Nightmare of super poor coaching, playing a'
highly injured QB who could barely move, an inadequate run defense, and our typical horrible running attack.No, it did not happen-all of us just had a horrendous nightmare! You were so lucky to miss that TURKEY of a game, reminded me of the Dark years in the early 2000s when we were an embarrassing team (except for 2002 with magic of Larry Johnson Jr); We do have great recruits coming next year and i sure hope we use them right. We sure need an elite QB and TB! Scary to think about how bad we lose in Columbus with an injured Clifford- if he had sat Saturday maybe he could have been in some shape to play this week-so playing him hurt Saturday was a double whammy-he was horrible as he could barely move and his best (and they were reallly good plays) this year were when he was on the move, stressed the defense, and passed as he was nearing the line of scrimmage! Now who knows what condition he will be in at OSU as he was hit hard different times saturday. How a season went down so fast after injuries to Clifford and to Mustipher is sad to see!

It really did not happen on Saturday-it was just a collective Nightmare of super poor coaching, playing a'
highly injured QB who could barely move, an inadequate run defense, and our typical horrible running attack.No, it did not happen-all of us just had a horrendous nightmare! You were so lucky to miss that TURKEY of a game, reminded me of the Dark years in the early 2000s when we were an embarrassing team (except for 2002 with magic of Larry Johnson Jr); We do have great recruits coming next year and i sure hope we use them right. We sure need an elite QB and TB! Scary to think about how bad we lose in Columbus with an injured Clifford- if he had sat Saturday maybe he could have been in some shape to play this week-so playing him hurt Saturday was a double whammy-he was horrible as he could barely move and his best (and they were reallly good plays) this year were when he was on the move, stressed the defense, and passed as he was nearing the line of scrimmage! Now who knows what condition he will be in at OSU as he was hit hard different times saturday. How a season went down so fast after injuries to Clifford and to Mustipher is sad to see!
Thank God. I hoped it was just a mirage. lol.

This was a team of promise and 2 players go down and we're a team praying for December.

My friends are always saying "next man up"... but we don't have one. 2 weeks to prepare and neither our 2nd or 3rd string guys were up to the challenge of freaking illinois (HComing with 2 weeks rest and the sting of iowa in their veins). Just fing ugly.

That i missed this cluster F... wow. Lucky me.

Whatever happened to strength and muscle and jungle work? That used to be what this team/program was all about. Plant people. You lose you lose.. but you lose knowing you kicked the shit outta the other team... You watch them struggle the next week because they ache... bad. those days are long gone. This is not the penn state i grew up with... loved. revered. Plenty of great athletes but no balls.

Get someone who knows what it means to blast the doors in. Cuz really bad people are coming and pussies won't win. Think CJF is a helluva recruiter (and great guy) and motivator but he can't coach his way out of a cardboard box when it counts.

Last edited:
Thank God. I hoped it was just a mirage.

This was a team of promise and 2 players go down and we're a team praying for December.

My friends are always saying "next man up"... but we don't have one. 2 weeks to prepare and neither our 2nd or 3rd string guys were up to the challenge of illinois (HComing with 2 weeks rest and the sting of iowa in their veins). Just fing ugly.

That i missed this cluster F... wow.

I should have used my mount union warehouse scarehouse tickets and took my niece and nephew to that.

And all is well.

Says Kevin Bacon

Ohio State's not that good. I don't think we lose by more than 40.

I was fortunate enough to be golfing at West Bay, Estero, FL. Checked the I Phone late in the round and was like wtf, this has to be an error. 9 OTs with that score, didn’t seem real.

I thought you were going to say you had a ménage a trois with Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis.

This sounds about right to me with PJ out and SC 50%. They aren't just going to throw the ball downfield as far as they want to.
I feel badly about implying they were pussies... I don't feel that way. They're simply overmatched physically (PJ literally held that line together by himself). It showed versus a very average illinois team... can't imagine what big people with skills are gonna do.

Gonna hope CJF pulls a rabbit outta his hat.

23 is a gift from God.

Real line should be 27, possibly 30. That team is out for blood, is at home, and the only thing that keeps them from destroying us is laughing and over confidence.

Give me psu and a healthy PJ and SC and I'll stick my nose in there and go for it... without them (at 100%)... God bless.

Anytime someone yaps about how one or 2 players don't make a huge difference.... here ya go. Last year it was JB and Micah. We simply can't replace players of that caliber and move on.

Do I hope and pray for miracles? Of course. But we play 3 hugely more powerful teams (and 2 pretty decent ones at that)... so i'll happily take 2-3... anything better is a win beyond imagination imo.

23 is a gift from God.

Real line should be 27, possibly 30. That team is out for blood, is at home, and the only thing that keeps them from destroying us is laughing and over confidence.

Give me psu and a healthy PJ and SC and I'll stick my nose in there and go for it... without them (at 100%)... God bless.

Anytime someone yaps about how one or 2 players don't make a huge difference.... here ya go. Last year it was JB and Micah. We simply can't replace players of that caliber and move on.

Do I hope and pray for miracles? Of course. But we play 3 hugely more powerful teams (and 2 pretty decent ones at that)... so i'll happily take 2-3... anything better is a win beyond imagination imo.
Spot on…I think we find a win among the last 5 and become bowl eligible. My guess is that Pry will be the interim by then and we’ll see what we have in store..

Those O$U blown leads in 17 and 18 might be one of the biggest “what if’s” in CFB history.

Spot on…I think we find a win among the last 5 and become bowl eligible. My guess is that Pry will be the interim by then and we’ll see what we have in store..

Those O$U blown leads in 17 and 18 might be one of the biggest “what if’s” in CFB history.
Can you imagine if we won those games? Sea change. Total sea change.

Then again, this university is dead set on seeing the FB program go down in flames, so there's probably quite a bit of celebration among the effete snobs with their pussy pinkies in the air sniffing the tea and prattling along about absolutely nothing of value in any sane world.

Smarter folks are looking harder at the $$$$$$$$ being pissed down the drain and ask why. A once proud program run by serious men is getting bfd. I'm actually happy JVP doesn't have to witness this Sandy fiasco.

The effete wimps don't give a damn so long as the mfers get paid.

Can you imagine if we won those games? Sea change. Total sea change.

Then again, this university is dead set on seeing the FB program go down in flames, so there's probably quite a bit of celebration among the effete snobs with their pussy pinkies in the air sniffing the tea and prattling along about absolutely nothing of value in any sane world.

Smarter folks are looking harder at the $$$$$$$$ being pissed down the drain and ask why. A once proud program run by serious men is getting bfd. I'm actually happy JVP doesn't have to witness this Sandy fiasco.

The effete wimps don't give a damn so long as the mfers get paid.
Rock on N&B…

…and I hear you on Joe. I feel doubly blessed to have witnessed the Grand Experiment up close and at its apex.

And he would have been appalled at how the Illinois game was handled: bad prep, atrocious in-game coaching, and this reeling aftermath.

The old guy had a few AWs administered during his later years. But Joe was a fighter and his teams were tough, tough- minded, and smart…even the bad ones.

We need a new start and a change in direction that restores the PSU identity described above that Joe built. Maybe the idiots who are suppposed to lead the University will luck out and find someone who can do this?!

The carving on the 2021 grave stone should read second and 9, because that is were the offense has been all year.

It should be. Go with what you like.

It's probably 56-0 or 63-3. Along those lines.
Some of you need to pay attention to what OSU is saying. Day says it will be a dog fight - as it usually is - and credits PSU with one of the very best defenses in the country. I'll go with something like last year's result - around 35-24 with OSU pulling it out late after a real tough battle for 3 quarters

When you got the salute him you historian guy, the little engine that tuned in and said you can be an Aaayyyyyy leather jacket guy too. What are we mixing up here man, it smells like beatle cake juice. Ba Ba Ber beatlejuice too, im heavy hungry breathinntoo. Even if you were on chicken nugget malt nutrition the chem set flu.

And all is well.

Says Kevin Bacon

I'll wait on giving my prediction based on whether your internet/tv will be functional on Saturday.

• Haha
Some of you need to pay attention to what OSU is saying. Day says it will be a dog fight - as it usually is - and credits PSU with one of the very best defenses in the country. I'll go with something like last year's result - around 35-24 with OSU pulling it out late after a real tough battle for 3 quarters
Would love to see it happen... if we were actually in the game WE would have the oppty to pull it out rather than osu. But we need to be in that position, and while Day is saying all the right things, I think he knows our D is not built to stop O's like osu, um, msu. Mustipher gave them enough presence inside to allow the athletes around him to get to the ball and make plays.

Unless we find a bear or a tank on the sidelines to replace him.. gonna be tough sledding.

Hope to be proven wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT