ADVERTISEMENT

The debacle in Piscataway deepens

matter7172

Nov 14, 2012
Word on the Rutgers board is that they realized they can't fit four mats onto the RAC floor unless they eliminate sections 111-116 and the first two rows of sections 101-106. There are still tickets in 116 on sale on Stubhub. It's a conundrum.

If it's true, it means Rutgers is going to have to eliminate 500-1000 seats from the already-too-small RAC and attendance will be around Rec Hall levels.

Apparently, Goodale is totally unaware that the B1G tournament rotates between schools. He seems to think they are hosting because their program is so good and that they can sell out the RAC. At least that's what he's saying on the record. Bless his heart. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Word on the Rutgers board is that they realized they can't fit four mats onto the RAC floor unless they eliminate sections 111-116 and the first two rows of sections 101-106. There are still tickets in 116 on sale on Stubhub. It's a conundrum.

If it's true, it means Rutgers is going to have to eliminate 500-1000 seats from the already-too-small RAC and attendance will be around Rec Hall levels.

Apparently, Goodale is totally unaware that the B1G tournament rotates between schools. He seems to think they are hosting because their program is so good and that they can sell out the RAC. At least that's what he's saying on the record. Bless his heart. :rolleyes:
Was told that was the plan all along that's why only 6200 seats.And as far as the seats in 116 if they really exist on stubhub don't buy them.

and matter's obsession with Rutgers deepens. . .

Did you check Stubhub before posting about tickets in Section 116?

Because Stubhub has none for sale in Sect. 111-116.
https://www.stubhub.com/big-ten-wre...-piscataway-the-rac-3-7-2020/event/104406016/

Was told that was the plan all along that's why only 6200 seats.And as far as the seats in 116 if they really exist on stubhub don't buy them.

And just more reinforcement that Rutgers was totally unprepared to host this tournament.

I checked as well none in 116.Matter also bitched months ago about the 6200.Now he's making up things to bash Rutgers.Rutgers living rent free in matters head

Did you check at the moment I posted? No. So they dropped 1800 seats because the venue is inadequate? Maybe clue Goodale in that the B1G hosts go on a rotational basis. Hopefully after this nonsense, they never host again.

I checked as well none in 116.Matter also bitched months ago about the 6200.Now he's making up things to bash Rutgers.Rutgers living rent free in matters head
He's not making up anything, Rutgers totally screwed everybody on the ticket sales. Going to pay 57.00 for parking as well. I hope that Rutger fans planning on scalping chock on those tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6
I'll tell you who's making things up - Goodale. Rutgers isn't hosting because of merit - they are hosting because it's their turn. Or maybe Michigan State and Indiana were just as "worthy" as Rutgers. New motto for Goodale - "Rutgers wrestling - all sizzle, no steak".

Any of the Rutgers fans want to take action on this proposal - over/under for top 8 placers in B1G's 2020 v. 2016? I have under all day long.

6200 fans is all. Can't Rutgers geta place bigger to host the big tens?
I have always liked big tens as well as nationals. It has the best wrestling in the whole county. Man that is unbelievable only 6200

The answer is "yes, they could have done it at the Prudential Center in Newark". More convenient to other fan bases. More hotel availability. More places to go to eat, etc. Just a superior venue on every level.

But they didn't give a shake about other fan bases. They wanted to cater to their own and spin a bunch of bs.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
When are the quarters and semi finals? The tickets and schedule just list session no. Nit what rounds will be in each session.

And just more reinforcement that Rutgers was totally unprepared to host this tournament.

Did you check at the moment I posted? No. So they dropped 1800 seats because the venue is inadequate? Maybe clue Goodale in that the B1G hosts go on a rotational basis. Hopefully after this nonsense, they never host again.
Was the plan all along you even commented about the 6200 months ago on this forum.And yes I did look and no seats in 116.You were just dying to start another thread ripping Rutgers

He's not making up anything, Rutgers totally screwed everybody on the ticket sales. Going to pay 57.00 for parking as well. I hope the Rutger fans planning on scalping chock on those tickets.
The way Penn St handled the Olympic Trials wasn't the greatest either .I actually spent $100 for 2 Rutgers season tickets and never went.And I was able to get 4 tickets to Big 10

The way Penn St handled the Olympic Trials wasn't the greatest either .I actually spent $100 for 2 Rutgers season tickets and never went.And I was able to get 4 tickets to Big 10
Why do you keep trying to defend Rutgers. It's the responsibility of the host University to have an adequate venue to host the Big Ten Championships. I've been to 18 Bigs over the years and I can say for certain Ruthers has just screwed it up from the beginning and we have a week until the first match. Also the Olympic trials aren't a Big Ten Championship.

Reactions: matter7172

Oh, please. One, the OTTs is different than B1Gs. Two, who gives a crap what you did. You could have gotten 12 tickets to B1G's based on Rutgers policies. Three, Rutgers didn't offer $50 season tickets. Getting Goodale-esqe now. Four, Rutgers, with over 1000 season ticket accounts, offered each of them 12 tickets to a 6200 seat event. Do the math. Five, when I posted about the seats in 116, they were available on StubHub. I should have taken a screenshot for jack@%#$ Rutgers fans.

I'll give you this, not going to Rutgers matches was smart. Of course, I got two tickets in the 100 level for B1Gs on StubHub and spent about the same amount, or maybe a bit less, as you did overall.

There is no defense for the way Rutgers handled hosting the B1G championships. There is no way Rutgers places as many wrestlers in the top 8 of B1Gs this year as they did in 2016. There is no disputing Goodale is lying about why Rutgers is hosting the B1G tournament this year.

It's a Mickey Mouse program with a Mickey Mouse coach who cares more about spinning bs and doesn't care if he lies to do it.

Reactions: nitlion6
Guilty section 304, hopefully it won't be to bad. Usually have had decent seats, of all the Big Ten Championships I've attended Indiana had the best layout and seating.

Last edited:
Why do you keep trying to defend Rutgers. It's the responsibility of the host University to have an adequate venue to host the Big Ten Championships. I've been to 18 Bigs over the years and I can say for certain Ruthers has just screwed it up from the beginning and we have a week until the first match. Also the Olympic trials aren't a Big Ten Championship.
Because they did what every school does offer seats to season ticket holders 1st.Theyve a small venue and the big 10 gave them the event.Sounds like the issue should be with the big 10 not Rutgers.I don't remember the same complaints when Michigan St had it

Because they did what every school does offer seats to season ticket holders 1st.Theyve a small venue and the big 10 gave them the event.Sounds like the issue should be with the big 10 not Rutgers.I don't remember the same complaints when Michigan St had it

Every school that has hosted the Big 10’s has given every school in the conference an entire section from floor to rafters. Only Rutgers has screwed every team in the conference. Remove your head from your *$$ and quit trying to justify Rutgers’ BS!

Well here's to Rutgers, perfect chance to show case wrestling and their program and they s*** to bed. Just give it up, they screwed the pooch!!! Almost forgot I can enjoy there Boardwalk Experience for 35.00 , That will make it all better.

Oh, please. One, the OTTs is different than B1Gs. Two, who gives a crap what you did. You could have gotten 12 tickets to B1G's based on Rutgers policies. Three, Rutgers didn't offer $50 season tickets. Getting Goodale-esqe now. Four, Rutgers, with over 1000 season ticket accounts, offered each of them 12 tickets to a 6200 seat event. Do the math. Five, when I posted about the seats in 116, they were available on StubHub. I should have taken a screenshot for jack@%#$ Rutgers fans.

I'll give you this, not going to Rutgers matches was smart. Of course, I got two tickets in the 100 level for B1Gs on StubHub and spent about the same amount, or maybe a bit less, as you did overall.

There is no defense for the way Rutgers handled hosting the B1G championships. There is no way Rutgers places as many wrestlers in the top 8 of B1Gs this year as they did in 2016. There is no disputing Goodale is lying about why Rutgers is hosting the B1G tournament this year.

It's a Mickey Mouse program with a Mickey Mouse coach who cares more about spinning bs and doesn't care if he lies to do it.
Just looked season tickets were $100 each.It was a mistake I don't make things up to prove my point like some do.Not a Rutgers fan but glad I have 4 100 level seats to Bigs.

Well here's to Rutgers, perfect chance to show case wrestling and their program and they s*** to bed. Just give it up, they screwed the pooch!!!
They screwed the pooch why because Penn St fans didn't get enough seats?Well let's see how Penn St handles it next year.Olympic Trials Sunday night 8pm sold tickets before they told everyone it's at 8pm Sunday.Thats pooch screwing as well.

Every school that has hosted the Big 10’s has given every school in the conference an entire section from floor to rafters. Only Rutgers has screwed every team in the conference. Remove your head from your *$$ and quit trying to justify Rutgers’ BS!
With over 3000 season tickets and a small venue that's what's gonna happen.Wait until next year you will see how Penn St handles it.And as you probably know Penn St ticket office is a mess

If your looking for great place a five star steak or seafood try Steakhouse 85 . 85 Church street New Brunswick 732 247 8585 I would make reservations . parking garage right across street Not cheap but worth it .$ 80. 00 to $ 100.00 per person They have a sushi bar also .

Hopefully Big 10 doesn't give them another chance to host. B1G definitely f'd up by not ensuring Rutgers didn't handle it properly. But Rutgers is on the hook for how they did handle it.

This. What makes it worse was that Rutgers fans were relishing screwing over all the other programs.

And you ignore the obvious. Goodale's clip is unadulterated bs. Rutgers isn't hosting because they are "doing things right". They are hosting because it was their turn and they totally dropped the ball. But that's the way they do things.

I’m in section 315 all sessions , anybody else up top?

Bring oxygen.

With over 3000 season tickets and a small venue that's what's gonna happen.Wait until next year you will see how Penn St handles it.And as you probably know Penn St ticket office is a mess

They are going to hold it Rec Hall and offer each season ticket account 12 tickets - first up to 4 per account, then up to 8 per account. Then, if there are any tickets available, other schools can scramble. Call it the Rutgers plan.

Now now matter won't Penn State plan in advance and get it in is it B.Jordan center which can hold a little over 15,000.
Last year Minnesota host it and where they usually hold their meets onlys sits around 8,000 so moved it to Williams Arena and was larger right but is darn bad place ..Is old and small rest rooms,darn place gonna fall down some day..They really need to build a new place but the basketball team likes it cause really gives them home court advantage.

A bridge over the Raritan is an odd bridge to die on. (I would use "hill" but Piscataway is not that hilly.)

They screwed the pooch why because Penn St fans didn't get enough seats?Well let's see how Penn St handles it next year.Olympic Trials Sunday night 8pm sold tickets before they told everyone it's at 8pm Sunday.Thats pooch screwing as well.
giphy.gif

Penn State didn't get ANY seats allocated to us and neither did any other BIG team.

There are four sessions, two on Sat, two on Sun. Are semis session 3 (Sun noon) or is that session just wrestlebacks?

Sunday is all one session with a bit of a break between wrestle backs and the 7th place matches and later the 1st, 3rd, and 5th place matches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT