ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Mauti

can we please have him on the BOT instead of Jay?
Clearly Mike can't let go of a grudge and therefore is not worthy of being on the board. The Alumni voted Jay to the board and they are about to do it again. Mike doesn't cite any facts, other than Jay voting against an wasteful spending spree that absolutely wasn't needed.

Clearly Mike can't let go of a grudge and therefore is not worthy of being on the board. The Alumni voted Jay to the board and they are about to do it again. Mike doesn't cite any facts, other than Jay voting against an wasteful spending spree that absolutely wasn't needed.
And ask yourself why they're voting for Jay. It's a legacy vote for his father. Nothing to do with him.

yep. exactly. unfortunately this happens and sometimes nothing can be done about it. PA has a U.S. senator who fits the exact same description
that is not true really at all. Jay wasn't a great coach but better than many of Franklin's boys (better QB coach than Ricky Rahne and better OC than John Donovan by a country mile). Jay is well regarded, not for being a football coach but for being a Penn Stater.

that is not true really at all. Jay wasn't a great coach but better than many of Franklin's boys (better QB coach than Ricky Rahne and better OC than John Donovan by a country mile). Jay is well regarded, not for being a football coach but for being a Penn Stater.
He's regarded for being his father's son--nothing else

Absolutely. He didn’t have the ability to coach a youth football team. He has done very little for the university.
I am well acquainted with a coach from back then and everyone involved in team whose name was not Paterno understood that was the case. He was not considered a good coach, but everyone had to tread lightly around him.

I am well acquainted with a coach from back then and everyone involved in team whose name was not Paterno understood that was the case. He was not considered a good coach, but everyone had to tread lightly around him.
The modern day example is Iowa. Imagine competent coaching on offense there.

Reactions: PSUfiji
And ask yourself why they're voting for Jay. It's a legacy vote for his father. Nothing to do with him.
My take:
  • I'd like to know what NIL was promised. Mauti doesn't know that Jay is lying. I saw something posted that basketball was only getting $1k. I can't imagine that is even close to true.
  • I don't know if Jay is a good board member or not but he was elected by alumni and that should be respected.
  • If Mauti wants to share information I'm OK with that but I don't like his taking cheap shots on Twitter. IMO that's bad form.

That is not very relevant since we've learned and moved on to better coaches currently. Jay never proved anything in coaching worthwhile and that is why his career ended completely after his dad died. What type of real coach does not coach after his early forties when he's accomplished very little?

My take:
  • I'd like to know what NIL was promised. Mauti doesn't know that Jay is lying. I saw something posted that basketball was only getting $1k. I can't imagine that is even close to true.
  • I don't know if Jay is a good board member or not but he was elected by alumni and that should be respected.
  • If Mauti wants to share information I'm OK with that but I don't like his taking cheap shots on Twitter. IMO that's bad form.
Why would I respect what the alumni do or who they vote for? Did democrats respect Trump winning or did republicans respect Biden winning? Of course not. Voters make idiotic decisions all the time.

How would you like him to voice his opinion?

Why would I respect what the alumni do or who they vote for? Did democrats respect Trump winning or did republicans respect Biden winning? Of course not. Voters make idiotic decisions all the time.

How would you like him to voice his opinion?
He could use his voice to convey factual information. Personal attacks aren't constructive in politics or on this issue.

That is not very relevant since we've learned and moved on to better coaches currently. Jay never proved anything in coaching worthwhile and that is why his career ended completely after his dad died. What type of real coach does not coach after his early forties when he's accomplished very little?
One that was black balled from the sport.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
He could use his voice to convey factual information. Personal attacks aren't constructive in politics or on this issue.
That's not how social media works. Personal attacks often get desired results as sad as that may be.

This board is honestly ridiculous with accusing others of not graduating from Penn State.
LOL. if you believe some on this board, then there are legions of psu message board saboteurs who have carefully disguised themselves as PSU fans for the purpose of undermining the discussion. Apparently all of them come from Pitt, Rutgers and Michigan

it is seriously ridiculous that people think this is happening

Well wait a minute. I pretty sure Jay coached MRobinson and D.Clark to 1st team All-Big-10 and offensive players of the year. I don't think we have had a QB coach since Jay to do that. He was not a bad coach. If he wanted to continue in coaching I am sure he would have been hired. He has plenty of cash do not have to work for the rest of his life. I am tired of hearing that Joe hired his son! Oh the nepotism!! EVERY COACH I can think of always hired their sons. Bobby Bowden, Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, Pete Carroll, Kirk Ferentz, Dennis Erickson, Frank Beamer, Greg Schiano, Tom Allen, etc.

Well wait a minute. I pretty sure Jay coached MRobinson and D.Clark to 1st team All-Big-10 and offensive players of the year. I don't think we have had a QB coach since Jay to do that. He was not a bad coach. If he wanted to continue in coaching I am sure he would have been hired. He has plenty of cash do not have to work for the rest of his life. I am tired of hearing that Joe hired his son! Oh the nepotism!! EVERY COACH I can think of always hired their sons. Bobby Bowden, Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, Pete Carroll, Kirk Ferentz, Dennis Erickson, Frank Beamer, Greg Schiano, Tom Allen, etc.
Neither one was an NFL QB. Do you think Michael Robinson and Darrell Clark came to Penn State because Jay Paterno?

Another reason why After 50 years I am backing away from Penn State football. It is now all about the $$. Wish I was a good enough athlete to get a free education. Instead I relied on the Army and glad I did. The cash flow from this retired soldier ends this year. If I want to watch highly paid athletes there is the NFL

Reactions: therod
Another reason why After 50 years I am backing away from Penn State football. It is now all about the $$. Wish I was a good enough athlete to get a free education. Instead I relied on the Army and glad I did. The cash flow from this retired soldier ends this year. If I want to watch highly paid athletes there is the NFL
Hate to be "that guy" but when wasn't it always about the $? College football has been a big business (nothing else) since the 80s. The kids finally realized that had power.

Hate to be "that guy" but when wasn't it always about the $? College football has been a big business (nothing else) since the 80s. The kids finally realized that had power.
That has only been true a small number of schools until the turn of the century when the obsession over a "true" national championship driven by the self dealing sports media prompted a couple of big changes that ruined the game starting with overtime and extending to the Bowl Alliance/Coalition which send the money figures spiraling. Joe mostly kept us above the fray, now we are squarely in it. For my part, I have donated a dime since 2010 nor will I ever. I do not support NIL nor do I support businesses to do.

That has only been true a small number of schools until the turn of the century when the obsession over a "true" national championship driven by the self dealing sports media prompted a couple of big changes that ruined the game starting with overtime and extending to the Bowl Alliance/Coalition which send the money figures spiraling. Joe mostly kept us above the fray, now we are squarely in it. For my part, I have donated a dime since 2010 nor will I ever. I do not support NIL nor do I support businesses to do.
I think that's rewriting the past but to each their own. A playoff was the best thing to ever happen to football.

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT