ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

I believe Teas and Glory have split their last 2 folk matches. Gavin lost a tight one at WNO, a match where he got in on Glory's legs at will, but couldn't finish, ended up losing on a scramble. Then Gavin won a tight one at Dapper Dan (I think that's where it was, anyway).

A lot of the points that Glory got in that Beat the Streets match wouldn't have counted in folkstyle. Glory did put a FS hammering on Gavin then, but a folkstyle match would have been totally different.
That's true, but point scoring wasn't the only available inference to draw. Glory had a noticeable strength advantage and won every position they got into, some which weren't much different than positions they'd have gotten into in folk. Had they wrestled folk on that day I can't imagine the result would have differed. Teasdale would hang in for awhile on some of those positions but never looked like he was a threat to convert.

That said it's pretty clear Teasdale is in the same talent pool as Glory, but Glory was further along in developing it, and also a bit stronger.

Reactions: PSU22 and nitlion6
On a side note:
Anybody have any thoughts on what to tell the wife about why I won't be attending New Years Day activities? I already used my "One weekend a year" excuse 4 times this year and there are still 3 months left.. also, it's not the weekend..

First of all why would you agree to one weekend a year?

My wife asked what the weather would be like tomorrow, i replied, why what do you want it to be. She said 80 and sunny (in NEPA in January, yeah, right), I said what were you planning in doing? She said lets go for a walk in the woods. i said by yourself? Tomorrow is PSU sports day, both wrestling and football. She said, oh, yeah, ok. 32 years ago tomorrow was our first date, she is a keeper!

The Andrew Long structure. Because when just being on the team and practicing isn't enough...Immediately start the kid before he ruins his life any further!

The Andrew Long structure. Because when just being on the team and practicing isn't enough...Immediately start the kid before he ruins his life any further!
Oh wow, so you know exactly what happened, and also what Gavin needs? You must be like his dad or something.:eek: Confirmation bias is so prevalent these days, it's downright boring....

How about at $30k/year and only a partial scholarship (% unknown) some kids can't afford to red shirt, or better yet some kids don't want to sit a year. I am sure Cael's recommendation is near gold but at the end of the day it's the kid's decision as well. Same goes for Shak and Cassar seeking a 6th, there is no free lunch.

9times is a stooge and knows less than the rest of us, and we know next to nothing about what's going on behind the scenes here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski

heh-heh-he-said-long.jpg

I'm excited to see Teasdale wrestle for PS at the Scuffle. Listening to everyone's assumptions about him is interesting. This is what I know: He is a 4 time PA state champ, highly recruited and rated and has only ever lost a couple of matches in his life. I also know Cael wouldn't put him out there if he wasn't ready. He is a true freshman, will probably lose some matches, and will learn and get better as the season goes on. He's a heck of a talent and it will be fun to see him compete. Go Gavin!

Last edited:
I'm excited to see Teasdale wrestle to PS at the Scuffle. Listening to everyone's assumptions about him is interesting. This is what I know: He is a 4 time PA state champ, highly recruited and rated and has only ever lost a couple of matches in his life. I also know Cael wouldn't put him out there if he wasn't ready. He is a true freshman, will probably lose some matches, and will learn and get better as the season goes on. He's a heck a talent and it will be fun to see him compete. Go Gavin!
If Gavin got better on the mat he will be really good. He has always been great on his feet. I think he wins this tournament if he just relaxes and has fun....

Reactions: pish69
Oh look. So you bring your made up crap over here as well. How nice. Welcome. You better bring facts, not your what ifs. And for the record, you have no clue of what you speak of regarding Teasdale.

Just got home and service. What a nice New year's present. Good luck GT.
Brackets are up on flo. He gets Treaster from Navy first.

Reactions: diggerpup
Get your popcorn ready if Teas does well at the Scuffle. HR will offer some of the best entertainment of the new year.
Given all the uncertainties about Teasdale, my expectations regarding his performance at the Scuffle are rather modest. However, HR will entertain regardless of how Teasdale does, even if it's of the "Iowa dodged a bullet" variety.

How about at $30k/year and only a partial scholarship (% unknown) some kids can't afford to red shirt, or better yet some kids don't want to sit a year. I am sure Cael's recommendation is near gold but at the end of the day it's the kid's decision as well. Same goes for Shak and Cassar seeking a 6th, there is no free lunch.

9times is a stooge and knows less than the rest of us, and we know next to nothing about what's going on behind the scenes here.
Teasdale's mother is a public school teacher in Greene County,therefore money is no object!

I've said it over and over on this board. You HR degenerates are scumbags of the highest degree. There is one guy on the entire HR board who isn't a worthless sack of shit. Delusion lives over there and since Lee lost yesterday you babies have been losing your minds. Conspiracy theories and made up garbage. I can't wait until March when HR gets their NCAA muscles and convinces themselves Iowa has a shot only to lose their shit when Iowa crashes and burns and tells everybody how next year will be the year, like you degenerates do every year.

For all we know, Teasdale has won the spot. It always seemed that having either Teasdale or Teske wrestle this year made the most sense. Looks like that is what is happening.

They don’t self-police.
Their mods allow it.

A reminder that when any of them come over here & pretend to play nice

.... it’s not what it appears.
They’re bitter, devious & gross.
Yes their mods do seem to turn a blind eye to allot of garbage. Makes you wonder if that is intentional for traffic purposes.

I know my post comes off a little pessimistic but it is a tough weight. Even with the B1G potentially getting 8-10 reps from 125, it’s gonna be be a big task especially for Gavin who has had trouble. Nothing but the best for the young man and hope he can continue to grow on and off the mat
Just a thought to consider.
Possible thought process 1.
Throw Gavin out there and let him have a go just because.

Possible thought process 2.
He is ready to go so let's give him a go.

Number 2 seems more Cael like than number 1. Just a guess, head on straight and ready to compete, and a legitimate threat to find the podium.

folks, who cares about HR?.... if we do, or you do, go over there... I for one don't need anyone to give me opinions of that board.... if interested I'll go there myself. Please stay at least a step above.... there are thousands of fans.... those who choose to write on a board are only a few and not a representative of the majority! Happy New Year every one!

Posted by an HR member this evening:

Why don’t you go back to your own Pedophile board and talk about the most famous Ped State coach of all time molesting young boys in the Ped State showers you f'ing idiot.”
That was probably a mod just toning down what one of the real hardcore guys posted.

Reactions: JimNazium
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT