ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

lets slow your roll there big fella, if im not mistaken we havent seen gavin wrestle since last march. and on top of that we dont know where he is in conditioning, etc., plus his first 3 duals out after scuffle are rivera, brown and moisey. and then gets foley, mattin, piotrowski, and schroder. not an easy task at all. never going to root against our guy but he does have a tall task to live up to in order to be relevant in the conversation come march.

I don’t think 125 is that great this year, I think he can AA, jeez my opinion.

lets slow your roll there big fella, if im not mistaken we havent seen gavin wrestle since last march. and on top of that we dont know where he is in conditioning, etc., plus his first 3 duals out after scuffle are rivera, brown and moisey. and then gets foley, mattin, piotrowski, and schroder. not an easy task at all. never going to root against our guy but he does have a tall task to live up to in order to be relevant in the conversation come march.

He will be alright.

If that's based upon the rules, that makes zero sense. He would still have 5 years to wrestle 4, and did not compete this year, so of course he could still shirt.

Other factors may have made shirting unrealistic for him. But that's a coaching and/or athlete decision, not a rule.

I think he meant a waiver for this year allowing him 6 for 4. If it was likely that this was not going to happen, then he might as well wrestle. Actually, this may make the “Teske/Teasdale redshirt decision/plan” an easier decision for Cael.

My guess was that PSU was looking for a "gray shirt" ruling on Teasdale. If granted he would have stayed out. Enrolled in Fall of 2019 with 5 years to complete 4.

So it looks like 2018/19 will be the start of his 5-year clock so might as well wrestle.

You beat me to it.

That's comforting. :confused:

I know my post comes off a little pessimistic but it is a tough weight. Even with the B1G potentially getting 8-10 reps from 125, it’s gonna be be a big task especially for Gavin who has had trouble. Nothing but the best for the young man and hope he can continue to grow on and off the mat

Fook. Looks like I'm going to have to give Flo their 5th chance. Really want to see where Gavin is at. Fool me 5 times, shame on me.
Probably will have a tough kid his first match....So what time does wrestling start tomorrow ?

Thoughts:

1. My intuition agrees with the suggestion that structure of wrestling with the team could be structure GT needs at this point in his life / career.

2. With Howard eventually arriving, it makes sense to burn someone’s RS this season. Despite the Slush Fund, can’t get too much schollie money tied up an extra year.

3. HR. Wow. A few Hawk fans pissing their diapers over this.

The same buttsore losers who embraced Captain Kimura & PD3.
F them.

That's been an internet meme for some time but is it true? Other than if it gets repeated on the internet often enough, it must be true ...

It is an internet meme, but I can confirm that it's true. I won't tell you my source but my source would know 100%. Well, I won't publicly site my source.

Great!!! That's a nice New year's surprise

I guess we can suspect Teske will now be a definite redshirt this year, and this will probably be Teasdale's last year at 125. I am still not sold on when/If RBY and Lee could/would/should move up, but as we and CP all know Cael always has a plan.

As for the Scuffle and a difficult January to come, let's temper expectations a bit. Being away for those weeks, I am surprised to hear he can make weight and his conditioning can't be optimal. If he doesn't have a strong showing it will highlight what he has to work on going forward. I Like what this does for our dual strength vs tOSU too!

125 isn't the strongest class this year and there is a long way until March, I like where I think Teas might be by then. I love Schnupp's heart but even a 90% Teasdale is a step up and now we have a legitimate chance at 10 AAs - Wow!

Reactions: diggerpup
Looking forward, here are the Scuffle pre-seeds:

Where do you slide in Teasdale ??

125 Pounds
  1. Nick Piccininni, Oklahoma State
  2. Rico Montoya, Northern Colorado
  3. Gabriel Townsell, Stanford
  4. Fabian Guttierrez, Chattanooga
  5. Shakur Laney, Ohio
  6. Alex Mackall, Iowa State
  7. Sidney Flores, Air Force
  8. Jonathan Tropea, Rider

Reactions: lionlover
What was our count on rostered entrants before Teasdale's entry? I don't have it in front of me but I thought we were full at 15, meaning we had to drop someone to fit Teas. It's not a big deal as we have several obvious candidates but I'mI sure he will be bummed. Anyone have the details?

What was our count on rostered entrants before Teasdale's entry? I don't have it in front of me but I thought we were full at 15, meaning we had to drop someone to fit Teas. It's not a big deal as we have several obvious candidates but I'mI sure he will be bummed. Anyone have the details?

It is my understanding that PSU could take as many attached wrestlers as they wanted. The 15 number referred to wrestlers eligible to score points.

125 Pounds
  5. Shakur Laney, Ohio
A fully in shape Teasdale with the same 1st year development on top RBY has got this year, possibly as high as #3. Sure he has beat Picc in FS but anything higher than 2, 3, 4 can't be supported. For guy who is Rusty from the month off and not used to a reported tough cut could be off the list entirely in terms of finish not rank. My tact will be, I'll set zero expectations and just the chance to see him in blue and white for the first time will leave me fully satisfied. He very well will get a tough draw with no seed coming in. Unlikely but not inconceivable to start with two losses. Likewise, he has the talent to do very well.

Last edited:
A fully in shape Teasdale with the same 1st year development on top RBY has got this year, possibly as high as #3. A guy who is Rusty from the month off and not used to a reported tough cut could be off the list entirely. My tact will be, I'll set zero expectations and just the chance to see him in blue and white for the first time will leave me fully satisfied. He very well will get a tough draw with no seed coming in. Unlikely but not inconceivable to start with two losses. Likewise, he has the talent to do pretty well.

Well, if the cut is tough this year, I imagine it will only get tougher next year. Teski gets his RS year to build up then the spot is his through 2023.

As for competing, the success Glory is having leads me to believe Teasdale might do okay too.

Gavin was right there with Glory every time he has wrestled him and I can only think that the technique/situational knowledge he would gain from the room since this summer would at minimum be on par with Glory's... I think Glory would hold a slight edge now only because of match experience/feel but by the end of the year would not be surprised if both of Glory and Teasdale are AA's.

On a side note:
Anybody have any thoughts on what to tell the wife about why I won't be attending New Years Day activities? I already used my "One weekend a year" excuse 4 times this year and there are still 3 months left.. also, it's not the weekend..

It is my understanding that PSU could take as many attached wrestlers as they wanted. The 15 number referred to wrestlers eligible to score points.
Not just your understanding -- has been the Scuffle rules since at least our first trip there.

Reactions: Wrestler91
On a side note:
Anybody have any thoughts on what to tell the wife about why I won't be attending New Years Day activities? I already used my "One weekend a year" excuse 4 times this year and there are still 3 months left.. also, it's not the weekend..
Because you're normal, and the only normal New Years Day activities are football, wresttling, drinking, and being hung over.

Thoughts:

1. My intuition agrees with the suggestion that structure of wrestling with the team could be structure GT needs at this point in his life / career.

2. With Howard eventually arriving, it makes sense to burn someone’s RS this season. Despite the Slush Fund, can’t get too much schollie money tied up an extra year.

3. HR. Wow. A few Hawk fans pissing their diapers over this.

The same buttsore losers who embraced Captain Kimura & PD3.
F them.

A few? About 15-20 pages of them led by Captn Vodka, LOL!

Gavin was right there with Glory every time he has wrestled him and I can only think that the technique/situational knowledge he would gain from the room since this summer would at minimum be on par with Glory's... I think Glory would hold a slight edge now only because of match experience/feel but by the end of the year would not be surprised if both of Glory and Teasdale are AA's.

On a side note:

Have you tried "Look over there!!" "My mom is coming to visit" If those fail....."accidentally" leave your credit card, car keys and Sale fliers next to the fridge. Good Luck :)

On a side note:

Is it too late to get your marriage annulled before tomorrow morning? If not, problem solved buddy!

125 Pounds
  5. Shakur Laney, Ohio
I think it is a strong likelihood that Teasdale isn't seeded at all. He has zero college matches, and his entry is after pre-seeds have been made. They didn't seed Teske either.

I hope that TnT (the dynamite duo) are on opposite sides of the bracket.

While it might be of interest to see a Teske-Teasdale match, I think it best for both of them that it doesn't occur in a first or second or even third round. Let them strut their stuff or encounter other college opponents before going at the another guy in the room.

On a side note:
Gavin has the potential to win this tournament. Just RELAX and be yourself is the bottom line....Ignore everything else.

According to FLO: This will be Teasdale's first folkstyle match since the Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic in March. He apparently hasn't wrestled a match at all since finishing fourth at 57kg in the Junior division of the U.S. Open in April.

On second thought, didn't Teasdale get hammered by Glory in freestyle at Beat the Streets? I'm curious to see his level of conditioning, among other things.

On a side note:
Eat something out of a dumpster. She won't want you ruining her festivities with your screaming $hits, and you won't have to lie to her. Win/win.

Reactions: pawrest01

On a side note:
i would work on your alibi's first, the rest usually works itself out.

On a side note:

Bad flu going around...lasts about 2 days :)

For some crazy reason, just read the thread on HR. Wow people are in a weird place about our program. Sooooo many assumptions and ill-informed conclusions. It's just nutty. This is my first "did you see what HR said" post ever--won't try to make it a habit, but jeez.

PS, great photo Tikk!

PPS--stoked to see Gavin and Brody tomorrow!

A lot of the points that Glory got in that Beat the Streets match wouldn't have counted in folkstyle. Glory did put a FS hammering on Gavin then, but a folkstyle match would have been totally different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT