ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale/Teske

dmm53

Feb 4, 2017
So, FLO (specifically Nomad) lists his AA predictions for 125, and neither Teasdale nor Teske are in the top 8 (though freshman Pat Glory is). Reasonable? Under-estimating the PSU room? Thoughts?
  1. Spencer Lee, Iowa
  2. Nick Suriano, Rutgers
  3. Sebastian Rivera, Northwestern
  4. Nick Piccininni, Oklahoma State
  5. Ronnie Bresser, Oregon State
  6. Pat Glory, Princeton
  7. Zeke Moisey, Nebraska
  8. Sean Russell, Minnesota

So, FLO (specifically Nomad) lists his AA predictions for 125, and neither Teasdale nor Teske are in the top 8 (though freshman Pat Glory is). Reasonable? Under-estimating the PSU room? Thoughts?
  1. Spencer Lee, Iowa
  2. Nick Suriano, Rutgers
  6. Pat Glory, Princeton
  7. Zeke Moisey, Nebraska

Flo doesn't rank true freshman. Now if these are simply personal predictions.....everyone has an opinion. Nomad is a pretty informed opinion in my much less informed opinion :) That said.....I will be rooting for whomever steps on the mat at 125. I think either will be competitive with the 5 though 12 ranked guys. Looking forward to watching.

Last edited:
Well, Gavin has had trouble finishing shots against Glory. But it's not like there's a big separation, and I think one of things you can definitely learn in our room is finishing shots. Time will tell!

Flo doesn't rank true freshman. Now if these are simply personal predictions.....everyone has an opinion. Nomad is a pretty informed opinion in my much less informed opinion :) That said.....I will be rooting for whomever steps on the mat at 125. I think either will be competitive with the 5 though 12 ranked guys. Looking forward to watching.

Glory is also a true freshman. It's not a ranking but a prediction.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
Haven’t seen a much of Teske but I’m confident Gavin can fall anywhere between 3-12. He’s by far more talented than 3 down. Just a matter of the cut and gas tank.

I believe he’s like 5-1 vs Glory lifetime so not sure how they giving Glory the bump they are.

We’ll see soon enough! Can’t wait

Last edited:
Haven’t seen a much of Teske but I’m confident can fall anywhere between 3-12. He’s by far more talented than 3 down. Just a matter of the cut and gas tank.

I believe he’s like 5-1 vs Glory lifetime so not sure how they giving Glory the bump they are.

We’ll see soon enough! Can’t wait

I think you have Teske and Teasdale confused, or you left his name out of your second half of the first sentence. Teas and Glory have met several times and Teasdale might have trouble with the cut, Teske may be a 4 year 125. In any case neither should be a pre season top 10 but if Teas goes I agree he will likely AA and climb the ranks all year. I suspect Teas will redshirt though, and go 133 next year when RBY moves up along with Lee, or takes his redshirt.

Glory is also a true freshman. It's not a ranking but a prediction.

I believe I made it pretty clear that this was Nomad's prediction......which I respect. I also added that I think the Penn State 125 will be competitive with college wrestlers currently ranked from #5 down to #12 and below. I think it will be Teasdale this year but if Teske has show enough improvement......he may get the call. My feeling is that Teasdale will be competitive with the lower end of the AA group but not necessarily be an AA this year. I also believe that if Teske redshirts this year...….he will actually be a stronger threat as a redshirt freshman that Teasdale will be as a true freshman. I am also guessing that Nick Lee will redshirt his 3 Season to bulk up to 149 and have an extra year to compete with his brother Joe. Of course.....I may be way off.....but it makes the most sense to my aged eyes.

Reactions: diggerpup and SRATH
I think both have bright futures but there is work to be done. Teasdale is a true volume shooter who needs improvement in terms of finishing those shots. Gavin has a chance to be high AA/Champion type guy with improvement in this area imo.
Teske is much more of a grinder. He needs vast improvement in the bottom position and a few more angles in his neutral attacks. He is a very good finisher when he has a leg secured, but has not shown Gavin's skill of getting to the leg at will.
I hope both guys use this year to improve and whoever is tossed into action shows solid improvement throughout the year. PSU needs the development down the road much more than the points this year. The good news is Cael was fully aware of these guys weaknesses when he brought them on and you know he has a plan:)

Last edited:
I think you have Teske and Teasdale confused, or you left his name out of your second half of the first sentence. Teas and Glory have met several times and Teasdale might have trouble with the cut, Teske may be a 4 year 125. In any case neither should be a pre season top 10 but if Teas goes I agree he will likely AA and climb the ranks all year. I suspect Teas will redshirt though, and go 133 next year when RBY moves up along with Lee, or takes his redshirt.

Yeah. I screwed up when I typed from phone. My point is Teasdale can place 3-12. I haven’t seen enough of Teske to form a valid opinion though I’m excited to watch him compete

Reactions: diggerpup
125 will be fun to watch. The top couple have separated themselves a little, but not much from the two or three just after them, imo. Not listed are the likes of Mattin, Hayes, Millhof, McGee, Fausz (if he stays), Foley, and others. It's a solid top-15 or so. The PSU room will help all the TRFR perform like veterans by season's end, but it's an uphill climb that either Teske or Teasdale (I'll go Teasdale ;)) will be challenged to ascend. If they buy in to the coaches system, they'll be fine. Personally, I see a lot of talent at 125, and am ok (frankly, it delights me!!) with our guy not being ranked.

1. Spencer Lee, Iowa
  2. Nick Suriano, Rutgers
  6. Pat Glory, Princeton
  7. Zeke Moisey, Nebraska

I'm guessing that's because he doesn't know which will go at 125 this year.

Reactions: Antaeus
Haven’t seen a much of Teske but I’m confident Gavin can fall anywhere between 3-12. He’s by far more talented than 3 down. Just a matter of the cut and gas tank.
Don't think you give enough credit to Rivera and Picc, both who are tough are have 2-3 years of college experience.

As of right now, I'd guess there is an outside chance that Teasdale could AA in the 5-8 range, but it's more likely that he doesn't. As you state, a lot depends on the cut and gas tank. Since those factors are unknown at this time, any prediction of an AA finish for Teasdale is jumping the gun IMO. And, according to most info I've seen, Teske is less college ready than Teasdale, and will likely RS unless Teasdale simply can't cut to 125. So, getting back to the OP's question, the 125 lb AA prediction without a PSU guy is perfectly reasonable.

The other possibility that no one talks about is Schnupp starting at 125. His biggest problems last season were that he looked a weight class too small and simply wasn't big enough or strong enough. If Schnupp grew a bit and added some strength along with it, he could be a viable option while Teske and Teasdale both RS (this assumes RBY goes at 133).

Reactions: Dogwelder
Yeah. I screwed up when I typed from phone. My point is Teasdale can place 3-12. I haven’t seen enough of Teske to form a valid opinion though I’m excited to watch him compete

Thought so. It will be neat to hear some rumors re: how they stack up against each other and wrestleoffs. I think this year is a luxury and neither is 'needed' to secure a national championship, or at least the drop off between the two not enough to make much difference. I suspect Cael's starter decision will come down more to his multi year redshirt strategy rather than who is the better wrestler this year. He has a lot to think about with cascading redshirts tied not only to Teas and Teske but also RBY and maybe even Busiello.

Last edited:
At last year's WNO, Glory looked about 10 pounds bigger than Teasdale to me. Why do people think Glory will be able to handle the cut and Teasdale won't?

Thought so. It will be neat to hear some rumors re: how they stack up against each other and wrestleoffs. I think this year is a luxury and neither is 'needed' to secure a national championship, or at least the drop off between the two not enough to make much difference. I suspect Cael's starter decision will come down more to his multi year redshirt strategy rather than who is the better wrestler this year. He has a lot to think about with cascading redshirts tied not only to Teas and Teske but also RBY and maybe even Busiello.
All we really need to know is who is beating Nico the worst in the room. That will tell us who the starter is going to be.

All we really need to know is who is beating Nico the worst in the room. That will tell us who the starter is going to be.

They both are pinning him, hard to differentiate , I’m told Teske was treating Nico like his food playing with it and could have ended it earlier

I have heard that Teasdale is clearly ahead of Teske, but Teske is gaining ground. Teske will outwork most people, but started the year pretty far behind.

Teas should be the starter this year if he can stay focused on the wrestling and away from the extracurriculars with college life.

Using that 1 out of 60 exception generally speaking is not the way to lean with expectations.

Just saying.

1 out of 60??

Cenzo, Nolf, Zain...

Name some of the “60” guys who came in and learned how to finish is the room.

I don’t remember the name of the transfer you had at 125 but I am pretty sure this board was very “a year on the room and he’ll produce”... it’s not automatic.

1 out of 60??

Cenzo, Nolf, Zain...

I don’t remember the name of the transfer you had at 125 but I am pretty sure this board was very “a year on the room and he’ll produce”... it’s not automatic.
Carson Kuhn had like a fortnight in the room. Just sayin'. You're probably thinking about Corey Keener at 133 though. I do think in general our coaches excel on teaching finishes, but of course there are exceptions for a wide variety of reasons. I bet Gavin improves over the course of his career though--how long it takes will be f*n to see.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
I suspect we might see Schnupp until after the scuffle just to allow both some college competition before Cael determines who to shirt.

$64 question.

Can Teasdale make the cut & hold the cut to 125 until mid March?

1 out of 60??

Cenzo, Nolf, Zain...

It's one thing to know how to finish, another to know how to finish Isaiah Martinez. You don't think Cenzo learned from the year in the room?

DqN5X4.gif

I suspect we might see Schnupp until after the scuffle just to allow both some college competition before Cael determines who to shirt.
I think your right. Let Teasdale and Teske wrestle in Opens and see how they do along with managing their weight. Make a decision in January regarding which one is the Starter and the other redshirts.

1 out of 60??

Cenzo, Nolf, Zain...

Jimmy G was a PROLIFIC shooter AND finisher his entire life... until he reached college. What happened to this facet of his game will remain a mystery.

I think your right. Let Teasdale and Teske wrestle in Opens and see how they do along with managing their weight. Make a decision in January regarding which one is the Starter and the other redshirts.

And dont forget, Cael COULD hand pick opponents at duals for each guy under the new NCAARS rule change.

I wouldnt expect to know our 125 starter till BIGS, and theres no reason other than injury that each one wont be eligible for Nats. Speaking of Nats, they will be in Teasdales neighborhood....

It's one thing to know how to finish, another to know how to finish Isaiah Martinez. You don't think Cenzo learned from the year in the room?

DqN5X4.gif

I wish I could like this 1,000 times. Cenzo caught some flak on this message board his true freshman season and continues to be underrated by some (outside this message board) to this day. IMar would be in the discussion for GOAT if not for Cenzo.

I wish I could like this 1,000 times. Cenzo caught some flak on this message board his true freshman season and continues to be underrated by some (outside this message board) to this day. IMar would be in the discussion for GOAT if not for Cenzo.[/QUOTE

If, and this is a massive IF, Cenzo gets 4 titles, he will be #2 goat in my book.
The gauntlets he has run at both Nationals rival anything Dake did, and we all know how Steiber “ won” two of his titles.
Cenzo (165) loses Imar, sure, but now he’s got JRWorld Champ Lewis. It just doesnt get any easier.

1 out of 60??

Cenzo, Nolf, Zain...

David Taylor. Coming out of HS his top game was awesome but as a true frosh both Cyler Sanderson and Bubba Jenkins dominated him from neutral. A year later he was one of the best in the country at ANY weight from neutral.

$64 question.

Can Teasdale make the cut & hold the cut to 125 until mid March?

Taking off cuts, the only cut I am worried about is Berge. If he can't maintain it there will be an impact. I like Verk but by all accounts or at least speculation there is a pretty good drop off there. He recently went at 70kg but he hasn't been 149 since early in highschool. Teas vs Tesk am ok with

DqN5X4.gif

Watched it at least 100 times seems odd but I liken Imar to a shark. It seems when flips on his back he goes into a tonic state. With both the Nolf and VJ pins he flops a round a little but you can tell few times in his career here's been there and he doesn't seem to know what to do. Ive been impressed with Bo, Nolf and VJ- although very rare have each fought hard to get off their backs. Imar no so much.

1 out of 60??

Cenzo, Nolf, Zain...

The staff has been here for 10 years now
Starting with Dan Valimont, Byran Pearsall, James English, Frank Molinaro, Adam Lynch, Brad Patkey, Clay Steadman, Quentin Wright, James Vollrath, Ed Ruth, David Taylor, Altons, Matt Brown, Morgan McIntosh, Nico Megalidis, Seth Bietz, Jordan Conaway, Jimmy Lawson, Zack Bietz. That's 20 and half way through the years without taking into consideration what room partners learned.
Of course let's don't forget Nick Suraino. You know the kid who looked like me probably would be a national champ two years ago and after 1 year in the Rutgers room regressed to the point of scoring zero offensive points in his semi and finals match last year.

Shoot man. I suppose you are one of the"I know little about wrestling" guys who believes Nolf, Hall, Taylor and Joesph types show up just knowing everything.

Now I am pissed at myself for even bothering to respond to you. I feel I'm dumber for having done so.

Reactions: Antaeus and pish69
I bet we do not.
Even if the competition is tight, each kid can have 4 matches without it impacting redshirt status.

DqN5X4.gif

I think holding the idea that the room is a magical wonderland is a fallacy.

Teasdale had an age advantage over everyone in HS. He was
The staff has been here for 10 years now
Starting with Dan Valimont, Byran Pearsall, James English, Frank Molinaro, Adam Lynch, Brad Patkey, Clay Steadman, Quentin Wright, James Vollrath, Ed Ruth, David Taylor, Altons, Matt Brown, Morgan McIntosh, Nico Megalidis, Seth Bietz, Jordan Conaway, Jimmy Lawson, Zack Bietz. That's 20 and half way through the years without taking into consideration what room partners learned.
Of course let's don't forget Nick Suraino. You know the kid who looked like me probably would be a national champ two years ago and after 1 year in the Rutgers room regressed to the point of scoring zero offensive points in his semi and finals match last year.

Shoot man. I suppose you are one of the"I know little about wrestling" guys who believes Nolf, Hall, Taylor and Joesph types show up just knowing everything.

Now I am pissed at myself for even bothering to respond to you. I feel I'm dumber for having done so.

What I said is it isn’t automatic.

When you point out David Taylor you lose credibility. Top ranked recruits need a lot less finishing. Where are Caels walk-on no hype success stories?? I’ll google all those names if you want, but more than a few of them would prove my case.

Suriano spent a month in a hospital fighting off staph infection. Regressed? Well Nolf went from dominating everyone as a soph to barely squeaking by as a junior so I guess he regressed too, right? Or is injury only a valid excuse in happy valley?

Look, I get the blue/white bias, but spending time around great people doesn’t make a champion.

Cael said it himself about Jimmy G. Nolf Can’t do it for him. Zain can’t do it for him. He’s gotta do it for himself.

Name me the guys Cael developed who showed up on campus with no hype.

The guy is a good enough coach to get Mason Manville to commit to the bench for a few years.

He is cooking with some great ingredients. When he gets a Michelin Star from Spam, your whole “our room is magic” argument may make sense.

When you point out David Taylor you lose credibility. Top ranked recruits need a lot less finishing. Where are Caels walk-on no hype success stories?? I’ll google all those names if you want, but more than a few of them would prove my case.

Suriano spent a month in a hospital fighting off staph infection. Regressed? Well Nolf went from dominating everyone as a soph to barely squeaking by as a junior so I guess he regressed too, right? Or is injury only a valid excuse in happy valley?

Look, I get the blue/white bias, but spending time around great people doesn’t make a champion.

Cael said it himself about Jimmy G. Nolf Can’t do it for him. Zain can’t do it for him. He’s gotta do it for himself.

The guy is a good enough coach to get Mason Manville to commit to the bench for a few years.

He is cooking with some great ingredients. When he gets a Michelin Star from Spam, your whole “our room is magic” argument may make sense.

Troll identified. Ignore is now in place.

Not recognizing Taylor's progression is either idiotic or just not aware. Taylor showed up and in his first competition he got his ass handed to him by Cyler Sanderson. A month later he either beat Sanderson or lost to him by a point. I thought he had the winning TD the ref didn't. I suppose you think Taylor just kind of happened upon that ankle pick series. This is a problem with not just you, but many. You think great recruits just show up and bam they figure out shit on their own. A room full of great recruits with poor coaching do not become great competitors. A room full of great recruits with great coaching, now you have something.

Yes. Suriano did regress. He did not go scoreless against Cruz and Lee because of loss of strength or stamina. His skill set was less. Hell, against Lee his lack of offensive skills made him appear helpless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT