ADVERTISEMENT

Tampering

Idk Pat, but I know where my allegiance is….

look, we don’t have a history. We should keep it that way. All I know about you is what I’ve read.

Mike

well, that didn’t take long! Starting to sound like my favorite board!

Z
Well you banned me from your board years ago must be a life time ban lmfao.

Reactions: Ski
Anyone who truly believes (and most of the HR posters do) that LL called an “old friend Willits” (who by the way, I was told by Oregon State coaches- they aren’t close friends at all) and called O’Connor’s family to “talk about his acl” is so naive. HR wants to frame it up as some vendetta and rumor I made up against Iowa. The kids and families told their coaches what was said… If they were such good friends why would they do that? It’s because it was shady. And it got out.

Why would a normal phone call be discussed and become what it is now? It’s because it wasn’t a normal call- he was trying to gauge interest and set up meetings and direct them to the portal. These are the facts… They can play the “old friend” and “check on ACL” card all they want. If it was a normal convo then life would have carried on normally- but it didn’t and the coaches were told about it and reported Iowa to NCAA. That’s why this story is out there. How and why would I know about some random friendly phone call? Sometimes people from Iowa lack common sense, maybe it’s the education system there.

He tried to be slick and made a “friendly call” to gauge their interest and fill the holes in lineup- it backfired because even if he knows those families, they still have loyalty to their programs and coaches and respect them enough to tell them about what happened. And that’s why it’s out there…

I mean, his reaction alone was the most insane thing I’ve ever seen. It’s because he knows what was said and knows it’s shady. You call a guy 27 times, demand who leaked that info (even tho it’s apparently not true?), then claimed he was gonna report those coaches of those programs because he said they must have told me… For what? Not wanting their wrestlers to be tampered with? He called Coleman Scott 4 times after ringing me 20+, and accused him of telling me, but I thought I made it up? Lol all actions of a guilty man who wants the team title for his son’s final year.

Period.

🎤
Not sure if you know, but are the parents boosters of their sons programs and therefore had to report this contact to the coaches or someone of authority or influence?

Since @PatMineo22 is so obvious with his screen name, does anyone know what name Larry Lee posts under?
Has anyone noticed that Grip220 has gone dark since this all went down?
giphy.gif

Yea, watch with that. I guess after he tried recruiting Austin O’Conner he swung by St. Louis and killed a couple crack heads and a hooker. He won’t tell the whole story on HR but dude is wild.

Reactions: danoftw
Buckeyes have been recruiting pretty darn good. At what point(year) do they become a legitimate contender?

When SVN, Facundo, and Haines graduate.......................
I was going to say add Robbie Howard to that list, but he has 3 years left. Those guys have 4. 2022 was a "free year" not 2021, right?

Anyone who truly believes (and most of the HR posters do) that LL called an “old friend Willits” (who by the way, I was told by Oregon State coaches- they aren’t close friends at all) and called O’Connor’s family to “talk about his acl” is so naive. HR wants to frame it up as some vendetta and rumor I made up against Iowa. The kids and families told their coaches what was said… If they were such good friends why would they do that? It’s because it was shady. And it got out.

Why would a normal phone call be discussed and become what it is now? It’s because it wasn’t a normal call- he was trying to gauge interest and set up meetings and direct them to the portal. These are the facts… They can play the “old friend” and “check on ACL” card all they want. If it was a normal convo then life would have carried on normally- but it didn’t and the coaches were told about it and reported Iowa to NCAA. That’s why this story is out there. How and why would I know about some random friendly phone call? Sometimes people from Iowa lack common sense, maybe it’s the education system there.

He tried to be slick and made a “friendly call” to gauge their interest and fill the holes in lineup- it backfired because even if he knows those families, they still have loyalty to their programs and coaches and respect them enough to tell them about what happened. And that’s why it’s out there…

I mean, his reaction alone was the most insane thing I’ve ever seen. It’s because he knows what was said and knows it’s shady. You call a guy 27 times, demand who leaked that info (even tho it’s apparently not true?), then claimed he was gonna report those coaches of those programs because he said they must have told me… For what? Not wanting their wrestlers to be tampered with? He called Coleman Scott 4 times after ringing me 20+, and accused him of telling me, but I thought I made it up? Lol all actions of a guilty man who wants the team title for his son’s final year.

Period.

🎤
LL is doing this all wrong. He should tell his son to portal to PSU and problem is solved. I wonder if he can beat out Robbie for the 125 spot.

@bnicolls or @rnovak
Nicolls is real, and he’s also challenged some guys in the past to wrestle him at his place *sigh*. He also never posted evidence that he paid WFL on a wager I made with him a couple years back despite donating a million or whatever it was to HWC. It’s not like anybody was going to call him out on it. Maybe he gave silently but I figured it wasn’t going to get me anywhere by pushing for some acknowledgement.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
Nicolls is real, and he’s also challenged some guys in the past to wrestle him at his place *sigh*. He also never posted evidence that he paid WFL on a wager I made with him a couple years back despite donating a million or whatever it was to HWC. It’s not like anybody was going to call him out on it. Maybe he gave silently but I figured it wasn’t going to get me anywhere by pushing for some acknowledgement.
Randy was the president of HWC for a number of years.

Brian is a very big donor to Iowa Athletics.

Both are very real and have done a lot for Iowa wrestling in general.

Z

For the sake of argument, assume for a moment that everything you wrote is true. Will it ever come out publicly that it happened the way you say or will it forever be a he said vs. he said unproven allegation?
I would imagine all of what Pat posted, including names, would have to be in the complaint against Iowa. If it results in sanctions, I believe the complaint would go public at that time. Additionally, the complaint may be subject to the Freedom of Information Act so it may just take a letter and small check to get the information now. Any takers, Pat, Willie, Vodka?

Reactions: nitlion6
Oh, I know they’re real. Don’t know what Novak’s handle is - just made that up for fun. Just know they’re 2 Hawkeye boosters who can’t handle our rise (a common theme)

Oh, I know they’re real. Don’t know what Novak’s handle is - just made that up for fun. Just know they’re 2 Hawkeye boosters who can’t handle our rise (a common theme)
I think they are ok with the rise, but not the utter domination.

BREAKING NEWS: It will get worse for them

Reactions: NittanyLion84
It isn't a big secret that Fellers spends money to help Iowa wrestling. He is an "all in" type of guy and is very passionate about wrestling and Iowa Hawkeye wrestling in particular. I thinks it is great that Iowa has such a supporter and wish ISU had several like him. I don't follow how the rules are played in this new age of free agency and money deals, but this stuff happens all of the time. The strong relationship between Fellers and Izzy would naturally lead to conversations about what would be next for Real Woods after his Stanford undergrad degree is complete. I highly doubt either Brands brother or Real himself were involved in the early negotiations. There isn't a business that I know of where backroom deals aren't agreed to at least in principle before paper meets ink.
At least in business there is “some” disincentive to back room deals. My uncle put up a few years at Allenwood for price fixing in the mining business. Alas, after being banned from mining he found his way into the investment world where back room deals are even more lucrative. Anyway, . . . It’s unlikely the newly neutered NCAA will engage in any meaningful enforcement action. Just like Wall Street, . . . sports now reside in the Wild West where “right” and “wrong are poorly defined.

Reactions: Ski
I would imagine all of what Pat posted, including names, would have to be in the complaint against Iowa. If it results in sanctions, I believe the complaint would go public at that time. Additionally, the complaint may be subject to the Freedom of Information Act so it may just take a letter and small check to get the information now. Any takers, Pat, Willie, Vodka?
The NCAA reports don't use names, they use terms like "head coach," "student athlete" and "booster."

Reactions: mcpat and slushhead
LL is doing this all wrong. He should tell his son to portal to PSU and problem is solved. I wonder if he can beat out Robbie for the 125 spot.

The thing that is kind of funny is that LL appears to care more about it than his son who basically came out and said that he doesn't even care for folkstyle and called it "garbage wrestling".

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I appreciate the response but is the NCAA a government entity or agency? I don’t think it is; if it is not, then FOI doesn’t apply.

To your first point, even if it did result in sanctions, I wonder if the actors and actions involved would be made public. I am curious if anyone knows.
You know what's needed is some good old fashioned journalism. Where's Woodward and Bernstein when you need them?

But if not that, maybe @Stalemates can have Adam Fellers and @PatMineo22 on soon.

My uncle put up a few years at Allenwood for price fixing in the mining business. Alas, after being banned from mining.
I did I short stretch at Allenwood after being arrested and prosecuted by the authorities over on HR. Pretty sure I met your uncle before they transferred me to the correctional facility in Cresson. If it's the same guy, he taught me how to make a shiv for protection.... lol

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
You know what's needed is some good old fashioned journalism. Where's Woodward and Bernstein when you need them?

But if not that, maybe @Stalemates can have Adam Fellers and @PatMineo22 on soon.
You’re not wrong. But there are only a handful of people that cover wrestling and none of them can afford to cut off the hands that feed them. So the story will likely never actually be known.

This is where we appreciate PM because he doesn’t care if he can’t get a scoop from a coach in the future. He’s free to put anything out there. But it’s also why there will always be those that question the validity of the report. It’s not like they have a tough time citing stuff he’s put out that turned out to be incorrect.

So what’s my point? I’m trying to decide how much I care about it. (If it’s something that will likely never be proven, maybe I spend less time engaged on it.)

Last edited:
Reactions: tikk10
Now that LL has identified himself as someone worthy of derision...does anyone else think it is weird and a little creepy to pack up and follow your kid across the country to school? My cousin and his wife did it, and just to make sure they got the message, the kid dropped out after one year and joined the Navy.

Kinda like the Manville family?

@PatMineo22 please accept my apology for likely being the first to use a variant of "micropenis." I did jokingly in the tHR thread asking whether you were the greatest D-bag, which was created shortly after you broke the news about Perry and Gilman leaving, and HWC female wrestling being defunded. Then tHR was still healing from your shots-fired in the Sam Stoll incident.

I have since learned some sources of insider information are much more credible than others. I'll take it on faith that you have the screenshots.

As restitution I am going to delete my offending posts, and I will gladly buy you dinner should we ever chance to meet at a wrestling event.

Also, please don't redirect any of your efforts to Penn State in retribution for my sin.

This board seems awfully quick to forgive Mineo based on 1 story, forgetting the other times he's been wrong or posted things he shouldn't have, such as pre-empting Bartlett's commitment or claiming Teske was arrested while at PSU.

For the record, I think he's definitely right more often than he's wrong, but he's basically the TMZ of wrestling, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But IMO this board looks bad by liking him now and not liking him other times. HR at least has pretty much always hated him (and I am a fan of neither team).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT