ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet Caroline suggestion

LongJakk

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2001
Instead of singing "bah bah bah" replace it with "Let's Go State". What do you think?

Reactions: psu00
put it to out of its misery.. do something original for once
There’s been nothing original out of Penn St since Guido D’Elia left. They just keep doing the same old stuff until they run it into the ground.

Reactions: Ski
I find the song grating-now again that in it of itself is a personal opinion and exclusive to my own echo chamber. My opinion doen't matter much. Now-this is where I want your feedback.....the lyrics say "reaching out...touching me, touching you..." Like could there be a song with more questionable lyrics to play at the school where IT happened? It just seems so stupid and tone deaf. Am I overthinking it due to my extreme insecurity dealing with the Sandusky scandal? I can just so easily hear/see other school's fan bases hearing those lyrics and say with a chuckle, "Yep, good ol Penn State-where they reach out and touch you alright. They even sing about it!" Am I crazy?

I find the song grating-now again that in it of itself is a personal opinion and exclusive to my own echo chamber. My opinion doen't matter much. Now-this is where I want your feedback.....the lyrics say "reaching out...touching me, touching you..." Like could there be a song with more questionable lyrics to play at the school where IT happened? It just seems so stupid and tone deaf. Am I overthinking it due to my extreme insecurity dealing with the Sandusky scandal? I can just so easily hear/see other school's fan bases hearing those lyrics and say with a chuckle, "Yep, good ol Penn State-where they reach out and touch you alright. They even sing about it!" Am I crazy?
I believe they did stop playing it for a few years in the Sandusky aftermath.

You are way over thinking it. Move on.

Instead of singing "bah bah bah" replace it with "Let's Go State". What do you think?
The whole choreographed game day experience is a nod towards group think and conformity, wrapped in a package of amped music that induces hearing loss and migraines. Now get off my lawn so that I can lay down in peace and yell at the clouds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT