ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise: Paterno story comes from Inquirer....

Sorry about your tires. But people think Joe could have stopped Jerry...which is simply absurd and puts children in further danger. That's the overarching issue...not Paterno's legacy. And it's an issue that we can't move on from.

I'll totally agree with your first sentence. I have been in cases where I have known folks that later were accused (and convicted). I had absolutely no idea. Most in that situation do not. And that important information has been lost in the shuffle.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
If I move on, and I am strongly considering it, I surely won't care at all about Penn State.

It's getting to the point where it emotionally it may simply not be worth it for me anymore. I slept very little last night.

There may be nothing at all to these latest accusations. But they are almost impossible to defend against. The dead guy cannot defend himself, and a lot of folks will now no longer listen. It's hard to prove a negative.

There is great evil here, to be sure. Either the accusations are correct or some folks are going to great, great lengths to smear a dead guy.

"The heart of man is deceitfully wicked above all else. Who can understand it?" (Jer 17:9)

Either Joe actually knew--and still let his kids and grandkids be anywhere near Sandusky--which is indefensible

Or, there are folks who will stoop to the lowest pits of hell to get their way.

I find the former to be hard to believe, as it is out of character. But the vast majority of America likely will believe it. As far as Penn State is concerned, folks were willing to overlook whatever happened in 2001, because we were "punished". Now? Never. I wish it were otherwise. Think of Dreyfus. It took him decades to be exonerated. If true here, I shan't live to see it.
I understand, but no. No one ever said this would be easy or short. Now more than ever is the time to fight and find the truth. I believe it's coming sooner rather than later. I also believe this was a last ditch effort to save some people's livelihoods in a sinking ship. I'll say it pretty plain so pay attention. If you believe Joe actually knew, then you really never knew what Joe was all about or what he stood for.

I understand, but no. No one ever said this would be easy or short. Now more than ever is the time to fight and find the truth. I believe it's coming sooner rather than later. I also believe this was a last ditch effort to save some people's livelihoods in a sinking ship. I'll say it pretty plain so pay attention. If you believe Joe actually knew, then you really never knew what Joe was all about or what he stood for.

I don't believe Joe knew--but I have been surprised before.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
I do know what Joe stood for. But it's easy for you to not "give a d*mm about what the public thinks". I live in Columbus. Come back and tell me to man up after *you've* had your tires slashed.

Yawn.

If you think it was attributable to PSU, then move out of Columbus.

Otherwise, grow up. It's not healthy for you or your family if you're this upset by the situation.

This isn't so much a conspiracy against Joe but rather a desperate effort to further muddy the waters, obscuring the truth that is surely about to be revealed so when it is revealed it will be difficult for the public at large to discern from all of the "noise" that surrounds this sh!t storm.
Or maybe it just is what it is at face value. That is a real possibility that you all are dismissing.

Hey there, Captain Obvious, of course it's possible they happened, as in anything is possible. But this latest one is so improbable, for all of the reasons detailed here and in the other thread, as to make it darn near impossible. Yet you present it as as though each one were equally as likely to have occurred. Your contrarian shtick was obvious a long time ago. I'm deeply saddened that a poster I used to respect actually agreed with your post. At least people are showing their true colors and you know where they stand.
Im just not sure why there is this need to defend a dead man so vigoriously... to the point where people merely saying that maybe it did happen are then vilified. Instead of being angry at those people you should be pissed at those who let Sandusky be a serial rapist.

Reactions: elvis63
Or by your logic, maybe something terrible didn't happen. Why can't people make things up for money or other nefarious reasons? Bottom line is any reasonable person could infer many things from the facts presented (notice I said facts).
30 people is a hell of a lot to make things up.

Or maybe it just is what it is at face value. That is a real possibility that you all are dismissing.

So you accept something at face value that paints Paterno as a monster only slightly less repulsive than Sandusky himself? Because that's what someone would have to be to do what the popular narrative has tried to convince us that Paterno did. For me, before I go there with anyone, let alone someone with a decades long public track record of being anything BUT a monster, I need to see evidence, evidence that if this were a court would meet the beyond a reasonable doubt standard. What we have seen is so far from meeting that standard that it's laughable. And in this latest case, we've seen NO evidence. Just a naked allegation. Yet for you, it's really as simple as "eh, Paterno could have done or maybe he didn't, one is as likely as the other." Only someone with a deep seeded hatred of Paterno or who spent no time looking at this case and simply reacted emotionally to what they read could come to that conclusion. Which are you?

Not one little fact , but there were multiple accusations in that testimony that went back to 1976.

I don't know what happened and who exactly knew what when but I don't accept that certain folk like the nefarious bot knew while others like Joe and the three accused knew nothing ,

Im just not sure why there is this need to defend a dead man so vigoriously... to the point where people merely saying that maybe it did happen are then vilified. Instead of being angry at those people you should be pissed at those who let Sandusky be a serial rapist.

Maybe because some of us hope that others would defend our honor when we're that "dead man" and our lifetime legacy is being slandered without a shred of evidence to support it. I fear that you're of the generation that can't be bothered to care about anything that isn't on your cell phone.

Or maybe they happened. Everything you guys talk about has to be a "conspiracy" against Paterno. It's amazing.

Yeah. And, this is in 76 when his kids were still quite small....and they played at the Sandusky's. Yeah. That's the ticket. Why do you insist on giving credence to things that do not come close to passing the smell test? It is fascinating.

30 people is a hell of a lot to make things up.

I think we're getting our lines crossed here. I'm not suggesting every victim is lying about Jerry. I'm suggesting that Jerry operated alone with no help from Joe or PSU, i.e. that something terrible. And I will never accept some flimsy "allegation" as proof otherwise. Furthering a narrative that Joe (who actually tried to stop Jerry) or any other PSU official is responsible for Jerry's behavior without indisputable proof is irresponsible and puts children in danger.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles

In 1976, Sandusky was the LBs coach and had been with the program 7 years. A child comes up to coach Paterno and tells him that this coordinator molested him and Paterno decided to cover it up. This story only comes out 40 years later after the guy sues Penn State for $$$. You're telling me I have to accept this story at face value? Really?

In 1976, Sandusky was the LBs coach and had been with the program 7 years. A child comes up to coach Paterno and tells him that this coordinator molested him and Paterno decided to cover it up. This story only comes out 40 years later after the guy sues Penn State for $$$. You're telling me I have to accept this story at face value? Really?

It's not 1976. It's 86,87,98,01. And who know what else all smacking together and making a pattern of behavior and doing nothing .

Believe it, don't believe it. But you have a locked up serial child molester who was associated with psu.

Ever seen the lines when the powerball goes to 300 million? Thousands upon thousands line up for a one in gazillion chance. No, thirty isn't many

Ever see how many big victims a predatory pedophile can rack up in a career??

"If you care about Penn Stste you should try to move on."

That might be the dumbest thing ever written on this board.
Sounds like something many of my exes would have said: "If you really loved me you would [insert something major she wants me to do] ..."

They are exes because they were dumb enough to play that card and I was smart enough to know the implications of the strategy.

Last edited:
I do know what Joe stood for. But it's easy for you to not "give a d*mm about what the public thinks". I live in Columbus. Come back and tell me to man up after *you've* had your tires slashed.
Is it safe to assume that the person(s) that slashed your tires left some explanation that their act was tied to your known association with PSU?

Of course not, but what BOT would? Do you expect them to disclose all the information about the victims that they have settled with?

I think many on here need to come to the realization that something terrible happened here and that's why we have paid for it. If you care about Penn State you should try to move on.
I'm not moving on until the truth comes out and Joe's reputation has been fully restored. Only then can the healing begin

Reactions: Marshall30
Your first mistake is living in ohio. Move asap.

The truth is about to be revealed!

I am actually ecstatic about this last minute desperate act because it means we are close!!!!!

Ira and his minions are flopping around on the mat like a dying fish....he's about to be pinned!

I don't know if its been stated (because its so damn obvious) but as soon as I saw this story break I thought TWO things:
1) Bullshit.
2) Hmm. The TIMING of this story is curious. We had Barron wink-winking about this for months. And yet TODAY we get this leak? TODAY? The first BoT meeting after the alumni Trustees finally get access to the Freeh files and Lubrano has been hinting about finding the smoking gun for a week or so.

Curious timing. This certainly smells like desperate men heaving a last second hail mary pass in an attempt to control their false narrative one last time.

Now, I'm curious what's going to happen in today's BoT meeting.

Is it safe to assume that the person(s) that slashed your tires left some explanation that their act was tied to your known association with PSU?

Only one on the street who had it happen--and I had an NLC sticker and an alumni sticker on my car..... Usually when a random slashing happens there are multiple incidents on the same street (which we have seen before). My wife's car was left alone, but she doesn't have any PSU paraphernalia. Few vandals leave a calling card.

There were also incidents at work (a co-worker got verbally harassed).

Your first mistake is living in ohio. Move asap.

It's actually a good and inexpensive place to live. There are just a few idiots here.... All of my friends are pretty cool about this (but most do believe the media narrative too).

Yawn.

If you think it was attributable to PSU, then move out of Columbus.

Otherwise, grow up. It's not healthy for you or your family if you're this upset by the situation.

I'm 60. I'm more than grown up. If an ad hominem attack is all you have, I am disappointed in your reasoning skills. And what true Penn Stater hasn't been emotionally upset by all of this....

I'm 60. I'm more than grown up. If an ad hominem attack is all you have, I am disappointed in your reasoning skills. And what true Penn Stater hasn't been emotionally upset by all of this....

I was emotionally upset in 2011, and soon thereafter realized that public perception didn't matter.

This is how I know you are a troll, because you think, we think, this is about JOE. It's not about Joe, never has been about Joe. It's about getting to the truth. Just employing a modicum of logic you can tell too, based on a lifetime of deeds this story does not fit this man.

So, why this story? Why now?....Why does everyone NOT affiliated with PSU think, Penn Staters think this is about Joe? It's so moronic.

Instant Karma's gonna get you Ira & co. You better get yourself together.
Instant karma? I wasn't involved in any of this, I am merely saying that maybe it is true. And you guys wonder why the outside world thinks you are delusional...

BTW, don't BS about what this is... you know this reaction is because of Paterno. Let's be honest.

I see troll morons keep responding. What assholes these Pitt imbeciles are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT