ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano..........

Doesn't Nick have three remaining years? He has a redshirt available.

5eo4e.gif

Doesn't Nick have three remaining years? He has a redshirt available.
Shirt doesn't matter unless B10 grants a waiver. B10 rule is lose a year of eligibility. Shirt is a year of deferral, not eligibility.

In any case my suggestion wasn't serious. B10 would never let the athlete choose which year he loses.

Plus the rule is clear, the s/a must be at the new school for a full academic year before he can compete.

Does anyone know the reason behind the rule? One would guess it is to keep the power schools from cherrypicking the weaker schools.......no matter what the sport.

"We would love to have you but we have no room. Go to X and then transfer in." The fact that PSU granted the release certainly opens the door for the BT to grant a waiver........but they will be opening up a can of worms.

I guess each of the ship guys at Rutgers have to take a Suriano haircut if the BT caves......and you know they will cave.

Does anyone know the reason behind the rule? One would guess it is to keep the power schools from cherrypicking the weaker schools.......no matter what the sport.

"We would love to have you but we have no room. Go to X and then transfer in." The fact that PSU granted the release certainly opens the door for the BT to grant a waiver........but they will be opening up a can of worms.

I guess each of the ship guys at Rutgers have to take a Suriano haircut if the BT caves......and you know they will cave.
They are taking their hair cut no matter what. The Big10 will consider Soriano's eligibility wavier request, but that does not impact the aid package Soriano will receive. His scholarship package is in effect now, no matter what the wavier decision is.

"Top-10, where Rutgers wants to be" tee shirts are flying off the racks to raise club money. The Rutgers wrestlers who just agreed to cobble together their aid packages to pay for Nick I understand they are thrilled with the possibility of having an AA this year and another in the couple years after that and maybe finishing 19th.

Reactions: SRATH
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT