ADVERTISEMENT

StubHub ticket purchase question

RochLion

Jun 3, 2001
I'm pretty new to purchasing game ticket via stubhub. How do you guarantee you'll get the tickets prior to game time. I see they have Download and Electronic versions of the tickets. Is the original ticket required at the gate or is a printed copy with barcode all that's necessary?

I'm pretty new to purchasing game ticket via stubhub. How do you guarantee you'll get the tickets prior to game time. I see they have Download and Electronic versions of the tickets. Is the original ticket required at the gate or is a printed copy with barcode all that's necessary?
Barcode will do it. In my experience reputable services like stubhub are pretty diligent about ensuring tickets are overnighted in the event that they're purchased close to game day and electronic ones aren't available.

Last edited:
Reactions: RochLion
StubHub is legit. Their customer service is top notch.

Purchased tickets for the championship last year through them and something happened with the tickets so they called several times before reaching me that they had front row, 40 yard line behind the Wisconsin bench to replace them with or I could take a refund.

Took refund which hit my account the next day.

If you buy through them they will guarantee you get in.

Stub Hub offers more protection then buying hard tickets. They guarantee your tickets and will get you replacement tickets if they don't work for some reason.
It far more risky to buy tickets from a scalper in the parking lot. Just because the tickets are "real" doesn't mean they are valid. A season ticket holder can convert their tickets to an electronic version which voids the original ticket. Also the ticket office can do this in the event you lose or forget your ticket on gameday. I know people who have bought tickets and when they got to the door they were not valid.

Seat Geek is also very reliable and trustworthy. It's a great alternative and often has less fees.

As others have mentioned, StubHub is generally pretty safe. If someone sells fake or otherwise invalid tickets to you, StubHub will charge the seller cost plus a penalty and offer replacement tickets to the buyer. They ship via UPS 2nd Day (Next Day in some cases, to include for some PSU season ticket holders that were selling tickets and/ or parking for this weekend's game and got late delivery from PSU!).

Wow...just saw four tickets on StubHub for Pitt at $85/each. I went back two seconds later and they were gone. However, seats that were selling for $200 are now in the $160 range.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT