ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Exchange- Getting Paid & Info Access After The Game

psufan44

Jan 30, 2002
I listed and sold a pair of tickets to Auburn. It's been 9-10 days since the game. Since then, I have not received payment or been able to locate a record of the sales on either the PSU website, no info via MY Account, and they do not show as either listed, sold or expired on the Ticketmaster Site.

I did receive email confirmation of the sale with a phone number to call for questions where the recorded message is that phone is not available.

Called the Ticket Office and got line is busy message.

Sent email to ticket office and got email back saying high volume of email- here are a some FAQ which were of no help.

In prior years, sales were promptly posted to accounts.

Anyone experience this situation or have a link to where on the PSU website they might be.

I can’t list my hockey tickets. 4 games coming up I’m going to eat. I’m not thrilled about that. No answer by email from tickets office and the queue on the phone is absurdly long.

I got paid for our 2 extra seats that sold for Ball St, but have not seen pmt for our 2 extra for Auburn game.

PSU Tix Office/TM not having a good year in terms of customer service.

I got paid for our 2 extra seats that sold for Ball St, but have not seen pmt for our 2 extra for Auburn game.

PSU Tix Office/TM not having a good year in terms of customer service.

I listed and sold a pair of tickets to Auburn. It's been 9-10 days since the game. Since then, I have not received payment or been able to locate a record of the sales on either the PSU website, no info via MY Account, and they do not show as either listed, sold or expired on the Ticketmaster Site.

I did receive email confirmation of the sale with a phone number to call for questions where the recorded message is that phone is not available.

Called the Ticket Office and got line is busy message.

Sent email to ticket office and got email back saying high volume of email- here are a some FAQ which were of no help.

In prior years, sales were promptly posted to accounts.

Anyone experience this situation or have a link to where on the PSU website they might be.
I have not sold Penn State tickets, but have sold numerous Steelers games. The Steelers told me that Ticketmaster is now paying 7-10 days after each game, so Auburn payments should show up today or tomorrow if the Steelers are correct.

My ticket account doesn't show prior games since there's really no reason to. I did sell a couple for Indiana and it notes them as being sold. When I listed them I believe the message said payments would be made in 7-10 days, IIRC.

If you sold directly from your account through Ticketmaster, double check your payment method. If it's set to "account credit" you won't be getting the $$$ directly.

I can’t list my hockey tickets. 4 games coming up I’m going to eat. I’m not thrilled about that. No answer by email from tickets office and the queue on the phone is absurdly long.
I posted this to another thread as I just an email response from ticket office:

I apologize for the delay but we are working to get the sell feature available for Men’s hockey up and running. It will be available shortly! Thank you for your patience and support!

Not that I want to be an apologist for PSU, but this is all on Ticketmaster. They manage the tickets and the resales etc

I've received payment from TicketMaster the Friday after each football game so far (Ball State and Auburn... expect Villanova payment this Friday). Good to hear that they are working on hockey as I see the Transfer option available but Sell option grayed out.

Reactions: stf110
I've received payment from TicketMaster the Friday after each football game so far (Ball State and Auburn... expect Villanova payment this Friday). Good to hear that they are working on hockey as I see the Transfer option available but Sell option grayed out.
Puzzling as to why some have received payment and others have not. Did you list the tickets from the PSU Ticket Exchange site or via Ticketmaster site if I may ask.

Puzzling as to why some have received payment and others have not. Did you list the tickets from the PSU Ticket Exchange site or via Ticketmaster site if I may ask.
I just use TicketMaster for the tickets (i.e., seats) since it is so convenient. I use Stubhub for parking passes and they seem to pay out by Wednesday or Thursday after game day this season.

Reactions: RGWhirly
And they are behind the push to mobile only so they get a cut of the secondary sales.
Mobile tickets were coming regardless. It a huge money save in the long run for the school. Why wouldn't they move to a modern platform that all venues are moving to?

Don't apologize--PSU gave both initial and resale ticket markets to a virtual monopolist. Yes, Ticketmaster has infrastructure in place but why allow them a second $$ dip in resale market.
Not apologizing, but Ticketmaster is the vendor. They came to PSU athletics with the same offer they brought to O$U and all the other biggies. We’ll save you money and streamline the process. You can focus on marketing. Everyone wants more $ for winning football. The only other option was managing the whole thing themselves without help. Wonder how that would go...

I got paid for both games, but just got the money from Ticketmaster for the Auburn game yesterday. Clearly, Ticketmaster has made money on the float, but their reasoning for changing the payment until after the event happens is to avoid the challenge of a cancellation and how to get the money back from the seller and pay it to the buyer. I have never been a Ticketmaster fan and have had better service from Stubhub. However, their deal with PSU makes it much much easier (not necessarily better) to deal with Ticketmaster than another site.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
And they are behind the push to mobile only so they get a cut of the secondary sales.
I like how Seat Geek (alternative to Ticketmaster) handles it for my local MLS team. If you list the tickets for public sale, they charge the buyer and seller fees when sold. If you find a seller on your own you can transfer the tickets after the buyer pays, with both the money and tickets flowing through Seat Geek, and there's no fees.

Reactions: wplion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT