ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Numerous Football Game Day Improvements to be Unveiled at Beaver Stadium

Roar More

Aug 19, 2004
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – With a return to full capacity in Beaver Stadium this fall, there will also be a return to traditional pre-game festivities to include tailgating, team arrival and traffic patterns. However, as the 107k strong return for the first time since the 2019 season, fans will see a variety of game day improvements during their visit.

Most notably, Gates E and F have been expanded to ease the entry process and reduce congestion near the Beaver Stadium ticket office. The expansion will also improve the fan circulation around the outside of the stadium with extended walkways.

As previously announced, Penn State Athletics has fully converted to mobile tickets for all fans and all sports to allow for improved ticket delivery and management, as well as fewer physical contact points. Fans have been provided a variety of resources regarding mobile ticketing this summer to ease the transition, including a mobile ticketing guide at GoPSUsports.com/mobiletickets.

To assist in the gate entry process, mobile ticket scanners and walkthrough metal detectors have been added at every entry point. Fans are encouraged to download their mobile tickets to their Apple Wallet or Google Pay prior to leaving for the game. To ease entry, fans are asked to enter the stadium as early as possible and they will receive a concessions discount ($1 off of every $5 spent) for the first 45 minutes after gates open.

Multiple charging stations will be located in and around Beaver Stadium, as well as the external customer relations booths. The kiosks have charging units and adapters for iOS and Android devices.

Inside Beaver Stadium, the ribbon boards have been replaced to upgrade programming capabilities and visual appearance. Additionally, there have also been numerous operational upgrades since fans were last in Beaver Stadium, including upgrades in the security cameras, emergency evacuation system, natural gas heaters and fire suppression system.

The game day traffic pattern will return to the 2019 plan. The one-way traffic pattern will begin four hours prior to kickoff and 8:30 a.m. for noon games. New this year, day of game parking can no longer be purchased at select lots and can only be purchased (cash or credit) at the Innovation Park Building 100 parking lot (subject to availability). Game day parking sales will begin when lots open until sold out or kickoff, whichever comes first. More information on parking and traffic can be found at: https://gopsusports.com/sports/2020/7/30/football-game-day-home.aspx.

General parking purchased in advance is $40 per car, while paying to park on game day when arriving to the general lots will cost $60. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking passes in advance to not only realize the savings, but to assist in smoother traffic and parking operations by displaying the pass as they approach roads to stadium parking. Fans can purchase up to three advance single-game parking passes per account, per game.

Fans will also see the addition of a 50/50 Raffle during all home games. One lucky fan will win 50% of the funds collected at the game with the proceeds used to support athletic scholarships through the Penn State's Nittany Lion Club Levi Lamb Fund. Sellers will be located throughout the stadium wearing bright green vests. Ticket sales will conclude in the third quarter and a winner will be announced before the end of the game. The winner does not need to be present to claim their prize. For complete information go to: gopsusports.com/50-50.

While not related to stadium and game day upgrades, fans may also engage the GoPSUsports.com chatbot for 24/7 assistance with parking, mobile ticketing assistance, permitted items and other game day-related topics.

Intercollegiate Athletics has also worked diligently on recycling and sustainability across ICA events and activities. Those sustainability efforts include moving to mobile tickets and making recycling bags available in the Beaver Stadium parking lots. Fans are encouraged to be environmentally responsible and participate in Penn State's recycling and sustainability efforts by separating recyclable items before, during and after the game. Blue recycling bags and clear trash bags are located throughout the Beaver Stadium parking lots. Bottles and cans only should be placed in the blue recycling bags. All other items should be placed in the clear trash bags.

Reactions: Obliviax
Does everyone staying to the end get a beverage? Heather Lyke is kicking Ms Excellence's ass.

Reactions: step.eng69
Does everyone staying to the end get a beverage? Heather Lyke is kicking Ms Excellence's ass.

First off, no one kicks Sandy’s ass. Second, Sandy is not in this alone. barren is helping with his Grand Cathedral of the Arts (and such) to really spruce up the game day experience.

First off, no one kicks Sandy’s ass. Second, Sandy is not in this alone. barren is helping with his Grand Cathedral of the Arts (and such) to really spruce up the game day experience.
10568127.gif

Reactions: BobPSU92
Fans will also see the addition of a 50/50 Raffle during all home games.

" No person who has been convicted of a felony or a violation of the Pennsylvania Bingo Law, the Pennsylvania Local Option Small Games of Chance Act, the Pennsylvania Sports Raffle Charities Act or of any comparable federal or state law may have a pecuniary interest in the operation of or in the proceeds from such a Raffle. Other restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law."

OK, which one of you broke PA Bingo Law?

How many flasks you think will be confiscated during the Auburn game?

these improvements don’t move the needle for me. Just my opinion.

“Chatbots”? Seriously?

Why does anyone need to charge their phone when there is no reception during the game?

How many flasks you think will be confiscated during the Auburn game?

these improvements don’t move the needle for me. Just my opinion.

“Chatbots”? Seriously?

Why does anyone need to charge phone their phone when there is no reception during the game?
Well maybe to charge phone to retrieve ticket 🎟🤔

Gonna be tough to engage the 'chatbot' when the wifi in the stadium sucks. Wisconsin's was non-existent too. How about also lowering the volume of the PA system with the music (Wisconsin's and Minnesota's were very much in the correct range), adding out of town scores to the ribbon on a more regular rotation (Wisconsin's was good in the first half but then reverted to individual game stats during the 2nd half...not as good), and making it so exiting town doesn't take 8 hours.

Reactions: BBrown
Well unless more roads are built or current roads are expanded….and not a Penn State issue.

Don’t hold your breath.
The traffic situation got much worse when the new traffic patterns were introduced in 2019. This is not related to the road infrastructure as that has not changed. They would honestly be better reverting back to the way it was prior to 2019. They paid some consultants to develop this traffic plan that made traffic worse. I am not impressed.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and BBrown
The traffic situation got much worse when the new traffic patterns were introduced in 2019. This is not related to the road infrastructure as that has not changed. They would honestly be better reverting back to the way it was prior to 2019. They paid some consultants to develop this traffic plan that made traffic worse. I am not impressed.
It helped some lots, hurt others. No good scenario given amount of vehicles and shitty road infrastructure. Guess you were in one of lots that got short end of stick.

Gonna be tough to engage the 'chatbot' when the wifi in the stadium sucks. Wisconsin's was non-existent too. How about also lowering the volume of the PA system with the music (Wisconsin's and Minnesota's were very much in the correct range), adding out of town scores to the ribbon on a more regular rotation (Wisconsin's was good in the first half but then reverted to individual game stats during the 2nd half...not as good), and making it so exiting town doesn't take 8 hours.
That music issue is everywhere these days. The folks that run this stuff must not have any hearing left. It's bad enough at the new Columbus Crew stadium that customer service stocks earplugs. The Blue Jackets aren't much better. I mean, I do like to be able to talk with the person next to me without shouting into their ears.

" No person who has been convicted of a felony or a violation of the Pennsylvania Bingo Law, the Pennsylvania Local Option Small Games of Chance Act, the Pennsylvania Sports Raffle Charities Act or of any comparable federal or state law may have a pecuniary interest in the operation of or in the proceeds from such a Raffle. Other restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law."

With the recent rule changes, would it be possible for 50% of the proceeds to go to the winning ticket holder, and the other 50% go to a randomly drawn player?

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
That music issue is everywhere these days. The folks that run this stuff must not have any hearing left. It's bad enough at the new Columbus Crew stadium that customer service stocks earplugs. The Blue Jackets aren't much better. I mean, I do like to be able to talk with the person next to me without shouting into their ears.
For me, it's not the volume, it's the sound quality. Don't care if it's loud (though it doesn't need to be that loud in the pregame) if it sounds good.

Reactions: BBrown

I am interested to see how the new four lane highway at Potter's Mill helps traffic. Don't see it doing much on the way in, but leaving should really help. That was the bottleneck on 322 going East after a game as that merge point with route 144 and narrow slow uphill climb is ultimately where things slowed down and then backed up all the way to State College. So now that the merge point is gone and we have 4 lanes up the hill, that has to help a ton.

+1. They tried to make the wheel "rounder" and instead flattened it.

Besides the food discount and not waiting in line and missing kickoff/most of the first half are there any other incentives to enter the stadium early? Do they still show other live games on the big screen pre-game?

People should get a sound meter app and then call OSHA.

Wouldn't surprise me if this regime made you fill out a 1099 form so they could report your winnings to the IRS

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – With a return to full capacity in Beaver Stadium this fall, there will also be a return to traditional pre-game festivities to include tailgating, team arrival and traffic patterns. However, as the 107k strong return for the first time since the 2019 season, fans will see a variety of game day improvements during their visit.

Most notably, Gates E and F have been expanded to ease the entry process and reduce congestion near the Beaver Stadium ticket office. The expansion will also improve the fan circulation around the outside of the stadium with extended walkways.

As previously announced, Penn State Athletics has fully converted to mobile tickets for all fans and all sports to allow for improved ticket delivery and management, as well as fewer physical contact points. Fans have been provided a variety of resources regarding mobile ticketing this summer to ease the transition, including a mobile ticketing guide at GoPSUsports.com/mobiletickets.

To assist in the gate entry process, mobile ticket scanners and walkthrough metal detectors have been added at every entry point. Fans are encouraged to download their mobile tickets to their Apple Wallet or Google Pay prior to leaving for the game. To ease entry, fans are asked to enter the stadium as early as possible and they will receive a concessions discount ($1 off of every $5 spent) for the first 45 minutes after gates open.

Multiple charging stations will be located in and around Beaver Stadium, as well as the external customer relations booths. The kiosks have charging units and adapters for iOS and Android devices.

Inside Beaver Stadium, the ribbon boards have been replaced to upgrade programming capabilities and visual appearance. Additionally, there have also been numerous operational upgrades since fans were last in Beaver Stadium, including upgrades in the security cameras, emergency evacuation system, natural gas heaters and fire suppression system.

The game day traffic pattern will return to the 2019 plan. The one-way traffic pattern will begin four hours prior to kickoff and 8:30 a.m. for noon games. New this year, day of game parking can no longer be purchased at select lots and can only be purchased (cash or credit) at the Innovation Park Building 100 parking lot (subject to availability). Game day parking sales will begin when lots open until sold out or kickoff, whichever comes first. More information on parking and traffic can be found at: https://gopsusports.com/sports/2020/7/30/football-game-day-home.aspx.

General parking purchased in advance is $40 per car, while paying to park on game day when arriving to the general lots will cost $60. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking passes in advance to not only realize the savings, but to assist in smoother traffic and parking operations by displaying the pass as they approach roads to stadium parking. Fans can purchase up to three advance single-game parking passes per account, per game.

Fans will also see the addition of a 50/50 Raffle during all home games. One lucky fan will win 50% of the funds collected at the game with the proceeds used to support athletic scholarships through the Penn State's Nittany Lion Club Levi Lamb Fund. Sellers will be located throughout the stadium wearing bright green vests. Ticket sales will conclude in the third quarter and a winner will be announced before the end of the game. The winner does not need to be present to claim their prize. For complete information go to: gopsusports.com/50-50.

While not related to stadium and game day upgrades, fans may also engage the GoPSUsports.com chatbot for 24/7 assistance with parking, mobile ticketing assistance, permitted items and other game day-related topics.

Intercollegiate Athletics has also worked diligently on recycling and sustainability across ICA events and activities. Those sustainability efforts include moving to mobile tickets and making recycling bags available in the Beaver Stadium parking lots. Fans are encouraged to be environmentally responsible and participate in Penn State's recycling and sustainability efforts by separating recyclable items before, during and after the game. Blue recycling bags and clear trash bags are located throughout the Beaver Stadium parking lots. Bottles and cans only should be placed in the blue recycling bags. All other items should be placed in the clear trash bags.
I am really looking forward to the improved clarity of the non- stop advertising on the new ribbon message boards.

Besides the food discount and not waiting in line and missing kickoff/most of the first half are there any other incentives to enter the stadium early? Do they still show other live games on the big screen pre-game?
I thought they used to rerun the week's before game or maybe it was just highlights. 🤷‍♂️

I am interested to see how the new four lane highway at Potter's Mill helps traffic. Don't see it doing much on the way in, but leaving should really help. That was the bottleneck on 322 going East after a game as that merge point with route 144 and narrow slow uphill climb is ultimately where things slowed down and then backed up all the way to State College. So now that the merge point is gone and we have 4 lanes up the hill, that has to help a ton.
This will go away soon but I just thought the Likes for you post by Gilbert and Sullivan were funny

ADVERTISEMENT