ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Tennessee and Brohm are getting close; Doeren says no

This is priceless....After all the BS we went through in 2011, we did not have this difficult time finding an acceptable coach and things have worked out well for PSU!

......Next step in this saga.....They find and hire a coach and get him signed, then the next day they Fire Currie and hire another AD after a few weeks who decides he doesn't like the coach they just hired....let's start again! Go Vols!!! LOL!!!!!

Reactions: odshowtime

hIvqK.gif

This is priceless....After all the BS we went through in 2011, we did not have this difficult time finding an acceptable coach and things have worked out well for PSU!

......Next step in this saga.....They find and hire a coach and get him signed, then the next day they Fire Currie and hire another AD after a few weeks who decides he doesn't like the coach they just hired....let's start again! Go Vols!!! LOL!!!!!

What number are the Vols up to now? A dozen?

- Schiano
- Cutcliffe
- Gundy
- Brohm
- Gruden
- Leach

I know I'm missing a few....

What number are the Vols up to now? A dozen?

- Schiano
- Cutcliffe
- Gundy
- Brohm
- Gruden
- Leach

I know I'm missing a few....

those are the PUBLIC names. Schiano is a great coach, and would have been perfect for Tennessee. but he wasn't the first name on the list.

Imagine how many phone calls were made to the "recognizable" names . . .

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
those are the PUBLIC names. Schiano is a great coach, and would have been perfect for Tennessee. but he wasn't the first name on the list.

Imagine how many phone calls were made to the "recognizable" names . . .

Right. Wonder if Kiffin was contacted? Maybe he's got his eye on the FSU job?

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
It sounds like some of the Vol fan base will cancel their tickets regardless of who gets hired. Is there anyone out there who will be acceptable to them all?? Gruden?? If so, why are they dreaming about a guy who last coached ten years ago?? Weird fan base they have in Knoxville.

I would be interested in knowing the number of tickets actually cancelled over this hire that aren't immediately sold to the next fan up. I bet it's a very small number.

I would be interested in knowing the number of tickets actually cancelled over this hire that aren't immediately sold to the next fan up. I bet it's a very small number.
yeah, some of these fans may just enjoy being miserable, and bitching about TN football; gives them something to rant about

if they don't enjoy being miserable, maybe they should get used to it; I don't see rainbows ahead for this program anytime soon

there are some great twitter threads of petulant fans saying they will cancel their tickets, and others saying they will buy them, and others saying wait a few months because season tickets will be dirt cheap. LOL

yeah, some of these fans may just enjoy being miserable, and bitching about TN football; gives them something to rant about

if they don't enjoy being miserable, maybe they should get used to it; I don't see rainbows ahead for this program anytime soon

I was discussing Dave Doeren with a work colleague who is a UT alum, and he scoffed at Doeren citing his 8-4 record in the ACC. The Vols would be elated to be 8-4 and I don't see them approaching that level for probably a few years at least.

Reactions: royboy
Vols fans seem excited about all the coaches they are turning away, LOL.

more delusional than the Pitt fan base I tell ya

Vols fans seem excited about all the coaches they are turning away, LOL.

more delusional than the Pitt fan base I tell ya
Three weeks from now: "Mr. Schiano, we've thought about it and we'd really like you to be the head coach of Tennessee. No, it's not because we can't find anyone else, it's because we really think you're the guy for the job".

Three weeks from now: "Mr. Schiano, we've thought about it and we'd really like you to be the head coach of Tennessee. No, it's not because we can't find anyone else, it's because we really think you're the guy for the job".
...and Mr. Schiano replies, "Thanks, but no thanks. I didn't realize just what a dysfunctional bunch you are."

Maybe they can convince Fulmer to come
back :D Time to start looking at the smaller conferences and is there an up and coming young coach anywhere? I don't see much in the MAC etc that UT could hang it's hat on ... I love how Travis lists all these coaches who he thinks would want to come to UT after the dumpster fire he created and pitchforks and torches ...

Clay Travis's Big Board:

Trying to reason why any of these coaches would leave where they are currently for UT... Travis makes it sound like coaching at UT is the supreme position in college sports and you will be inheriting Peyton Manning at QB ... Sumlin is the only 1 out of those who I think would even consider this cluster f currently ... they have already passed on Leach

Sounds like DD was a done deal until Vol Nation started destroying him directly on Twitter and he changed his mind.

I hope they end up with a high school coach. They are insane.

here's what will happen - their delusional f**kery will cause a lesser coach to sign. they will blame the AD. AD will get fired. they will be 6-6 for 4 years. they will blame EVERYONE but their own dumb selves

Reactions: RGWhirly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT