ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, but CJF is a perennial 9-3/10-2 coach!

Except we weren’t 11-1, that year. We got demolished by UM, and lost to Pitt.
We have yet to have less than 2 losses under JF.
So you are arguing that PSU shouldn't have made it in.....LOL. You thought he did a bad job coaching that year or you're a chest thumper who is whining because you haven't been able to thump your chest. You're the same type of fan that would have chased Dabo off after he had a losing season in year 3. His first 1 loss season was in year 8 in a MUCH weaker conference, you do realize that so you would have been that idiot that chased him off. Just stomp your feet loudly and say I really want a MNC because again....nobody here wants one....it's just you. I'm sure you think that too or you think you're on some heroic crusade here.

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow99
So you are arguing that PSU shouldn't have made it in.....LOL. You thought he did a bad job coaching that year or you're a chest thumper who is whining because you haven't been able to thump your chest. You're the same type of fan that would have chased Dabo off after he had a losing season in year 3. His first 1 loss season was in year 8 in a MUCH weaker conference, you do realize that so you would have been that idiot that chased him off. Just stomp your feet loudly and say I really want a MNC because again....nobody here wants one....it's just you. I'm sure you think that too or you think you're on some heroic crusade here.
Umm……I have no idea as to where to start with this one….
Since the inception of the CFP, they have NEVER taken a 2 loss team.
With my PSU hat on, they absolutely should’ve made the CFP, in 16, but they didn’t.
As an outsider looking in, we lost 2 games that year, one of which was in an embarrassing fashion.
“Chest Thumper”, just WOW! You don’t know me, and have never met me!
Pretty bold statement!
Expressing my opinion makes me “whining”……….GOT IT.
You’re missing the point of me posting this:
I’ve come to accept the fact that Franklin will never(and just one dude’s opinion) have a season with 0 or 1 losses.
I hope I’m DEAD WRONG in the above sentence.
For me, it all stems from his “We need to be elite” comment, post OSU in 18.
He’s done nothing to back that comment up, to date.
Also, please cite where I’ve stated I want an MNC again?
I haven’t!
But ya know what, what fan of the respective program doesn’t want an MNC?
So, go ahead and assume you know everything about me!
I’m not on a “heroic crusade”, I’m just like you, a fan of the team I love.
This fan would actually like to see his team play a game which results in hoisting a crystal football more than Once every 2-3 decades.
Some of the games JF has blown over his body of work at PSU, has led me to believe the program will never reach the promised land of another MNC.
Again, I hope I’m dead wrong in that last sentence.
So, we’ll agree to disagree on where we think the future of the ship is headed with CJF at the helm.
Once you resort to name calling(like you did, and I haven’t), you’ve officially lost the argument.
Don’t question my fandom, EVER!

With my PSU hat on, they absolutely should’ve made the CFP, in 16, but they didn’t.
As an outsider looking in, we lost 2 games that year, one of which was in an embarrassing fashion.
Pretty bold statement!
I’ve come to accept the fact that Franklin will never(and just one dude’s opinion) have a season with 0 or 1 losses.
I haven’t!
This fan would actually like to see his team play a game which results in hoisting a crystal football more than Once every 2-3 decades.
Some of the games JF has blown over his body of work at PSU, has led me to believe the program will never reach the promised land of another MNC.
So, we’ll agree to disagree on where we think the future of the ship is headed with CJF at the helm.
Once you resort to name calling(like you did, and I haven’t), you’ve officially lost the argument.

Oh the overused the "I hope I'm wrong" when someone takes the field after being blown away using your same arguments with Dabo. LOL, wahhhhh. I totally question your fandom, logic, and think you're FOS. Let me know when your pity party is over, I don't do will watching grown men cry over nonsense. Sorry but not really.

Oh the overused the I hope I'm wrong when I take the field after being blown away using your same arguments with Dabo. LOL, wahhhhh.
Whatever, dude!
I tried to be civil, obviously you’re not affording me that same luxury.
Have a great weekend!

Pretty bold statement!
I haven’t!
All he does is call people names, including to me many times, if you dare to be critical or even have higher expectations and hopes for the program than they have already achieved under JF...don't u dare!? Lol, it's a joke to call fellow PSU brethren names on our board, but some do because it makes them feel better. I agree with u and your points about expecting better and how a one loss or undefeated season every handful of years shouldn't be some outlandish expectation...but even if I didn't, I wouldn't act like a 10 year old like others do.

Whatever, dude!
I tried to be civil, obviously you’re not affording me that same luxury.
Have a great weekend!
You come out after that loss with that nonsense....sorry, but I think you're FOS. You too have a great weekend.

All he does is call people names, including to me many times, if you dare to be critical or even have higher expectations and hopes for the program than they have already achieved under JF...don't u dare!? Lol, it's a joke to call fellow PSU brethren names on our board, but some do because it makes them feel better. I agree with u and your points...but even if I didn't, I wouldn't act like a 10 year old like others do.
Thanks, bro!!!
WE ARE……..

All he does is call people names, including to me many times, if you dare to be critical or even have higher expectations and hopes for the program than they have already achieved under JF...don't u dare!? Lol, it's a joke to call fellow PSU brethren names on our board, but some do because it makes them feel better. I agree with u and your points about expecting better and how a one loss or undefeated season every handful of years shouldn't be some outlandish expectation...but even if I didn't, I wouldn't act like a 10 year old like others do.
LOL, you two will straddle the fence and say JF cannot win anything.....but don't want a new HC. Then chime in with the I HOPE I'M WRONG line. Let me put my mittens on for you two.....as I dared to question you. Taking the field in college football is a simple argument to make. I know you'll be right there saying I was glad I was wrong when and if it does occur.

You come out after that loss with that nonsense....sorry, but I think you're FOS. You too have a great weekend.
I’ll make you a deal:
IF we beat OSU, I’ll start a post stating you’re right, and I’m FOS(again with the name-calling).
Nothing on your end, only on mine!
Sound good???

Last edited:
I’ll make you a deal:
IF we beat OSU, I’ll start a post stating you’re right, and I’m FOS(again with the name-calling).
Nothing on your end, only on mine!
Sojourns good???
So now you're taking OSU at the shoe and we may not even have Clifford available...and if he is, who knows how long or effective he can be. You pick some nice hills to take a stance on. How about if we beat Illinois, you stop with your nonsense? I know how silly that sounds....but you were done with me...right?

Why didn't you counter my Dabo arguments? Why....I know why because you don't have a leg to stand on there and you know it. Basically you start a thread looking for attention IMO, taking the field over JF every year which is the safest thing to do unless you're at one of 4 schools....and act like you're some sort of guru?

LOL, you two will straddle the fence and say JF cannot win anything.....but don't want a new HC. Then chime in with the I HOPE I'M WRONG line. Let me put my mittens on for you two.....as I dared to question you. Taking the field in college football is a simple argument to make. I know you'll be right there saying I was glad I was wrong when and if it does occur.
I don’t want a new coach….I just want our current one to perennially blow 4th Q leads.

I don’t want a new coach….I just want our current one to perennially blow 4th Q leads.
Every coach in the country and EVER has blown late leads. Your unicorn doesn't exist. You really don't make any compelling arguments other than he hasn't done it yet. That isn't insulting you, it's just my opinion.

Let's try another angle. Here are two coaches. One plays in a much easier conference, didn't have crippling sanctions in place as he started and an overall stench around the program nationally. One is considered the second best coach in the country right now, the other has some fans that aren't sold on him still.

4-3.... 7-6
9-5... 7-6
6-7... 11-3
10-4... 11-2
11-2... 9-4
11-2... 11-2
10-3... 4-5
14-1.... 5-1

Pretty bold statement!
I haven’t!
Are you sure you want to stand behind your statement that Franklin has done nothing to back up his discussion about being elite…have you seen his 2022 recruiting class? Have you seen the changes he’s made with different assistant coaches? What else is he supposed to do? What does Saban do other than out recruit everybody and hire big time assistants?

Are you sure you want to stand behind your statement that Franklin has done nothing to back up his discussion about being elite…have you seen his 2022 recruiting class? Have you seen the changes he’s made with different assistant coaches? What else is he supposed to do? What does Saban do other than out recruit everybody and hire big time assistants?
“To date”, is what I believe I said.
“To date” could be on 10/30, in 2023, or beyond……

this is silly, what would the Franklin era at Penn State be like if you take the Ohio State machine out of the equation?

its a huge factor in not getting over that hump, both in games lost (sometimes narrowly) and in recruiting

Again since u don't listen, I never said I want a new coach or we should get rid of JF, u always throw that in. And this argument about multiple OC's is fine -- Clifford seems to have handled it well. Here is a detail if you ask for it....if Cliff went down in the 3rd quarter and TR was forced in and gave us that performance, fine. That is hard to handle for sure. But, we had halftime...we had 30 minutes to get the kid somewhat organized...whether that is ripping out all but page 1 or 2 of the playbook or establishing a system to snap the ball whether it be the tap (which came late), or anything. And before you say 'well TR isn't some 5 star stud like Caleb WIlliams', who by the way is a FR and led OU to victory over Texas, we did not need TR to be the next Trace or Caleb....we needed him to look like a 3rd year guy in the program who could handle the rudimentary skills of snapping and passing properly, neither of which he could handle. That to me (and I'm sure you will emphatically tell me in all CAPS that I'm wrong), falls on JF to make sure in a moment's notice, TR can handle the basics and handle them very well. He should not have been passing deep and running the same offense, there needed to be a Plan B. This team's success was going to ride or crash on the health of CLiff (which has always been an issue). That's a pretty risky and dumb season plan if he goes down if you don't have someone ready to handle that. If TR could have been marginal, just functional, we win going away. The only way we lose that is if it was a total and systemic implosion and that is exactly what happened.
We don't listen to your BS because it's worth listening to!!! If you hate what is happening with the program then GTFO!!!

Reactions: LaJollaLion
Pretty bold statement!
I haven’t!
This is a great post and spot on. There is a contingent on this board that follows the rule, be positive 100% of the time or don't post at all.

This is a great post and spot on. There is a contingent on this board that follows the rule, be positive 100% of the time or don't post at all.
Of course there are the posters who show up after every loss claiming it’s on Franklin and a better coach would have won. Can you imagine being on an 80 game win streak if we had hired their imaginary coach that they never name.

a counterweight to the negative nellies who never have a good thing to say

I’ve been on this board for a long time and I’ve never seen that contingent. I’ve seen folks say it’s ridiculous to blame the coach for every single loss, but I’ve never seen a poster who is positive 100% of the time except RutgersAl.

a counterweight to the negative nellies who never have a good thing to say
We all see some things that could be better, but this how awful it is right now after living through 2000-2004 when a coach was basically on cruise control and then the sanctions....yeah...I'll take this. Thank you.

Reactions: lazydave841
This staff doesn't seem to develop players. McSorly and Barkley were a gift to Franklin. I fear we have 10 more years of this. Hard to watch. Out coached in the forth quarter again.
Hard to be positive...

Thanks to whoever rekindled this thread. Rereading the crap I was given about CV….that was fun.

I hope Sean moves on. It is best for the program. Let CV, Allar and Pribula battle out this spring.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Slam me all you want to, but JF will always find a way to lose games he shouldn’t.
He’ll never make the playoffs.
This program will never make the playoffs with him as coach.

Anyone care to disagree?
9-3 / 10-2 looks pretty good after the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Slam me all you want to, but JF will always find a way to lose games he shouldn’t.
He’ll never make the playoffs.
This program will never make the playoffs with him as coach.

Anyone care to disagree?
How can we disagree. He will win his 7 or 8 games a year, and we are supposed to be happy. Let's face it , it is all about money. As long as the BIG pays who cares if we win or loose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT