ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, but CJF is a perennial 9-3/10-2 coach!

Balanced? Then why are three of the top five career passers of all time from the short time span that Paterno wasn’t there? They were mostly teams with strong running games and good defenses. This year we’re a strong passing team with a good defense. Obviously Joe had longevity, but I don’t think any program will ever see that again.
Balance among college football teams. 20-25 good teams that could play in major bowls. Now all the 5 star talent goes to less than a handful of teams.

And Joe had much more than longevity. He had an unmatched bowl record and huge wins on the road against the best teams in the nation….over many decades. I know, I was in attendance at a number of them.

The SEC where Franklin had back to back 9 win seasons with the worst program in the conference, but he’s an underachiever.

I was curious if he was going to tell us that as well. One league. Rest of them are a joke.

Of course, you know he's going to say "they didn't play in the West". He's on about his fifth take where he ignores questions asked that would kill his narrative.

Guys like him. Just take note. If you are disappointed, just say it. Quit with ridiculous commentary and unreasonable expectations.

I was curious if he was going to tell us that as well. One league. Rest of them are a joke.

Of course, you know he's going to say "they didn't play in the West". He's on about his fifth take where he ignores questions asked that would kill his narrative.

Guys like him. Just take note. If you are disappointed, just say it. Quit with ridiculous commentary and unreasonable expectations.
But he said the SEC was a meat grinder….then he’ll dismiss the East division which is half the conference. He’s trying to hard…he’s like a little kid trying to explain why has chocolate all over his face and the cookie jar is empty.

Meaning no other coach at any other school had to deal with sanctions….you’re really stretching to make a moronic point. When only a few other coaches had 42 wins in four years, yes it does tell the whole story. Every program plays bad teams….almost none of them had that kind of win total. And teams like Oklahoma and Clemson play bad teams all year long…are you going to say their coaches underachieve?
Once again you haven’t posted who in those 42 wins weren’t expected wins other then OSU Whisky. Not one top 15 win. I have not compared PS to any other conference. Dabo has proven he can win the big game and did it with young QBs. Oklahoma not so much.

Once again you haven’t posted who in those 42 wins weren’t expected wins other then OSU Whisky. Not one top 15 win. I have not compared PS to any other conference. Dabo has proven he can win the big game and did it with young QBs. Oklahoma not so much.
Well, when you win 10 out of 12 games, that doesn’t leave a whole lot of losses. Again, it’s not like he’s losing to MAC teams or conference cellar dwellers. He lost to good football teams. And many of those 42 wins came against teams that he could have lost to. Many of those games experts were picking PSU to lose, yet they won. So regardless of what you think, folks that know way more about football picked the other team. Your fantasy that the Big 10 is the MAC plus OSU makes all of your arguments ridiculous.

Apparently you think it should be 13 wins every year….good luck finding a coach who can do that.
Do you need reading comprehension 100! 11 wins should be expected not an anomaly. Anything less should be criticized. This year can still get there, time will tell.

One more point. Franklin at Vanderbilt beat one (#15) ranked team. 9 of those two 9 win season were out of conferCE patsy’s.

Maybe you just started watching football in the last decade or so, but Vandy was, currently is, and has always been the ultimate patsy. I'd hate to know how many homecoming games they have been scheduled for.

After taking Vandy to bowl games 3 years in a row, they instantly dropped back off to 3-9 the year he took over Penn State. Zero conference wins that year.

One more point. Franklin at Vanderbilt beat one (#15) ranked team. 9 of those two 9 win season were out of conferCE patsy’s.
They were the conference patsy you dork. And he beat Missouri, Auburn, Kentucky twice, Ole Miss, Tennessee twice, Wake Forest twice, NC State, UAB, Houston and Georgia….sounds like more than some out of conference patsies.

So who do you propose we get instead? Give me a break. CJF is the right guy for the job. Ask Nebraska, FSU, Miami, etc. about their coaching situation.

Reactions: Shadow99
Well, when you win 10 out of 12 games, that doesn’t leave a whole lot of losses. Again, it’s not like he’s losing to MAC teams or conference cellar dwellers. He lost to good football teams. And many of those 42 wins came against teams that he could have lost to. Many of those games experts were picking PSU to lose, yet they won. So regardless of what you think, folks that know way more about football picked the other team. Your fantasy that the Big 10 is the MAC plus OSU makes all of your arguments ridiculous.
Wow, again opinion with no substance. Facts are facts and I provided them. Zero top 15 wins other then OSU/Wisky. You can keep your Big 10/Franklin glasses blinding you if you want. He will never be a championship level coach. As long as your good with that so be it.
I will still root for PS to win every game just keep my enthusiasm in check. Been let down too many times.

Do you need reading comprehension 100! 11 wins should be expected not an anomaly. Anything less should be criticized. This year can still get there, time will tell.
You can’t possibly be dumb enough to believe that. Name the coaches who average 11 wins per season and then tell me which ones we can get.

Reactions: WyomingLion
They were the conference patsy you dork. And he beat Missouri, Auburn, Kentucky twice, Ole Miss, Tennessee twice, Wake Forest twice, NC State, UAB, Houston and Georgia….sounds like more than some out of conference patsies.
Where were they all ranked? Georgia the only ranked team.

Wow, again opinion with no substance. Facts are facts and I provided them. Zero top 15 wins other then OSU/Wisky. You can keep your Big 10/Franklin glasses blinding you if you want. He will never be a championship level coach. As long as your good with that so be it.
I will still root for PS to win every game just keep my enthusiasm in check. Been let down too many times.
You definitely need to find another team…about your only option is Bama since they’re the only one that fits your criteria. And you forgot #12 Washington. There was also #17 Iowa…not top 15, but pretty close.

The only teams who are consistently reaching the level of success that you deem "above criticism" are Bama, Clemson (oops, not this year), and OSU.

And you have already proved that you will criticize 11 win seasons. Outside of undefeated national champions, you aren't going to be happy.

Where were they all ranked? Georgia the only ranked team.
Who gives a rat’s ass? They’re still good football teams, certainly better programs than Vandy. Until you can name a coach that would do better (guaranteed) then crawl back under your rock or go cheer for Bama.

You need to set your goals higher.
You can’t be a fan. I’m guessing a troll who loves to stir the pot. Nothing else can explain your delusional “expectations “. Ten wins is a good season at PSU and has been for the fifty years I have been following them.

The only teams who are consistently reaching the level of success that you deem "above criticism" are Bama, Clemson (oops, not this year), and OSU.

And you have already proved that you will criticize 11 win seasons. Outside of undefeated national champions, you aren't going to be happy.
But do even those teams even meet his level since most of their wins aren’t against top 15 teams either?

Reactions: lazydave841
Enjoyed all the conversation but this thread has reached the end for me. I made my expectations for success known. At this point I’m afraid of raising your heart rate any more. Look forward to the next hot topic.

Enjoyed all the conversation but this thread has reached the end for me. I made my expectations for success known. At this point I’m afraid of raising your heart rate any more. Look forward to the next hot topic.
We’ll be sure to let Franklin and the administration know what your expectations for success are….I’m sure they, like everyone here, won’t give a sh!t either.

You people can give all the numbers you want but bottom line is the kid wasn’t ready to play and that is on the coaches

Reactions: manilion
Did Clemson lose to Pittsburgh and Syracuse recently? How did those teams rank and how do those losses affect Dabo's coaching, in your esteemed opinion?

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99
You need to get a better understanding of football.
He clearly doesn’t understand that the players/coaches set goals for wins, etc. and that we as fans can only set aspirations and expectations as it comes to how many wins our team gets. Fans can’t set goals in regards to how many wins our team gets.

lol

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Slam me all you want to, but JF will always find a way to lose games he shouldn’t.
He’ll never make the playoffs.
This program will never make the playoffs with him as coach.

Anyone care to disagree?
really now line me up the coaches that go 11-1 and 12-0 every yr???

Reactions: 1995PSUgrad
really now line me up the coaches that go 11-1 and 12-0 every yr???
Asking for that is unrealistic.
What I am asking for is 11-1 once every 5 years, coupled with a CFP appearance(which JF has NOT done yet).
Is that too unrealistic of an expectation?

Good thing he’s not a Bama fan, he’d be calling for Saban’s head for losing to an unranked team.
If I were a Bama fan, I’d be ECSTATIC my team has won 6 of the last 12 Nattys/18 total, coupled with only missing the CFP once, since it’s inception.
The above being said: Bama fans have no idea how unbelievably spoiled rotten they are……NONE!

Asking for that is unrealistic.
What I am asking for is 11-1 once every 5 years, coupled with a CFP appearance(which JF has NOT done yet).
Is that too unrealistic of an expectation?
So had they done the right thing when PSU won the BT title in a year with the BT east was the toughest and put PSU in the playoff, you wouldn't be saying sh!t right now? I doubt it.

And it occurred in '16, '17, and '19.

Yet you still criticized the wins.

Try again.

It's impossible to have a reasoned debate/discussion with posters like this. They have no intellectual honesty and just constantly move the goalposts. You end up never knowing which of their evolving points you are responding to. Honestly, I'd rather have flat out trolls on the board than guys like this. Threads they're in go on and on because their points, at first, seem at least arguable, even if you disagree. So people attempt to engage their points. And then they just change their points. And change them. And change them.

So had they done the right thing when PSU won the BT title in a year with the BT east was the toughest and put PSU in the playoff, you wouldn't be saying sh!t right now? I doubt it.
Except we weren’t 11-1, that year. We got demolished by UM, and lost to Pitt.
We have yet to have less than 2 losses under JF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT