ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier missing at Ft Hood found dead

What do you mean by that comment? I'm not suggesting you are disparaging the CAV, just don't quite get the comment!
5th Battalion 7th CAV vet!

I mean they’re a unique breed - as a compliment. And thanks for your service! Seventh First!

Reactions: step.eng69
Sorry for "possible" misunderstanding! Sensitive as, husbands, sons and brothers next to me never made it home, especially when we went into Cambodia, May 70. I still have lead in me, as shrapnel just IV anti-bionics and back out. Despite never missing anti-malaria dose contracted it X2. Came home after my nine months and could tell I had it and asked my parents to take me to Valley Forge Hospital.

Sorry for "possible" misunderstanding! Sensitive as, husbands, sons and brothers next to me never made it home, especially when we went into Cambodia, May 70. I still have lead in me, as shrapnel just IV anti-bionics and back out. Despite never missing anti-malaria dose contracted it X2. Came home after my nine months and could tell I had it and asked my parents to take me to Valley Forge Hospital.

Lots of CAV friends - happy you made it home and safe. I never served below Corps level but have been stationed with folks from all units.

Just another brave vet who will never buy a beer in a bar I’m drinking in. Cheers bro.

I spent a year at Ft. Head (as we called it back then) in the 1st AD. EM club had a lot of fights, & if you tried the drive-in it could get hairy. In the late 60's over 80% of the soldiers were Nam vets.

"a lot of fights" Ha ha. brings back a memory! So "Gentle Thursday" (of all days) spent several hours on the lawn in the morning consuming what was offered. Go down to the skeller for lunch and share a pitcher with lunch. Request a six pack after lunch and the bartender cards me. I probably pretty snarky say, "We just sat there and drank a pitcher with lunch!" While gone to get the six pack, my friend says, "He's from back home, apologize. So I say, "Sorry man, just have had to much to drink!" He says, "Just get out!" I say , "Well f you then!" and around he comes! So out we go at lunchtime, with all the business folks in there, going at it. He had these really faded jeans, almost like white, which offered the perfect one leg take down. I was on top of him pounding away and someone(s) pulled me off and it was over. Hell I was only home from cambodia and nam a couple of months. Guess I still had some "fight" left in me! lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT