So, the OL next year for Allar?

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
LT (Williams ?)
LG Nelson if he returns, if not Vega)
Center (Dawkins)
RG (Does Wormley have 1 yr left?)
RT (Shelton)

I think PSU will be seeking a LT in the portal to start to bring Williams along slowly. Might Ned several portal OLs.

Help me out here.

JVen
Donkoh/Nelson/Vega
Dawkins
Nelson/Vega
Shelton

I agree, we probably do explore the portal. Tackle lacks depth and has minimal starting experience, but those 2 are great prospects. No clue if Wormley has another year, but he probably does if he wants it.

Reactions: royboy and bison13
Put Birchmeier in there somewhere. One of the top OG's in the country, so playing as a rs freshman is not out of the question, like Williams.

Is Traore ever going to sniff the field; he has the size, but hasn't done much.

Put Birchmeier in there somewhere. One of the top OG's in the country, so playing as a rs freshman is not out of the question, like Williams.

Did Birchmeir play any minutes this season?

And whatever happened to Golden Achumba and Jimmy Christ (yes I know he transferred). Anybody know any intel as to why those guys never sniffed the field? 4 Star recruits.

Last edited:
And whatever happened to Golden Achumba and Jimmy Christ (yes I know he transferred). Anybody know any intel as to why those guys never sniffed the field? 4 Star recruits.
Just a guess, other guys were better?

Another one, Achumba was highly rated, maybe overrated. Seems like every year we see a top OL in the NFL draft come out of no where. This year is the OG from Kansas State I believe. The draft experts have him ahead of Zenter who looked to have a serious injury today.

POrtal for depth but I think Williams could start. Dawkins seems like an upgrade to me, Nouraz was run over quite a bit.
I was hoping Dawkins (local kid in the Lehigh Valley) would have started in 2023 but evidently he was not ready. Nourzad was alright, definitely capable at this level of football, but like you said sometimes he got run over. He was not tush push capable.

Reactions: bison13
Dawkins has looked good in limited play. Kid seems smart and a leader which helps at center. Vega and Nelson at guard have both really gotten better with play, but depth isn't there right now. Donkoh has been raved about and Birchmeirer was the real deal in HS. Nelson seems injury prone which I hope was just a bad run.

66 and Williams at tackle will be a wait and see, but talent is obviously there. Could be really good, could be so so, but won't be bad. No guarantee of no pressure from blindside like with Olu.

Why did Birchmeier not get time this year? Injuries? Needed to get bigger/stronger? He seemed like a can not miss prospect who was most college ready lineman when coming to camp. Not pulling the emergency alarm, just wondering if there has been info on him. I like lineman who were dominant in wrestling. Alex was dominant in wrestling in VA.....hard to hide when 1 on 1 on a mat.

Reactions: bison13
Why did Birchmeier not get time this year? Injuries? Needed to get bigger/stronger? He seemed like a can not miss prospect who was most college ready lineman when coming to camp. Not pulling the emergency alarm, just wondering if there has been info on him. I like lineman who were dominant in wrestling. Alex was dominant in wrestling in VA.....hard to hide when 1 on 1 on a mat.

I'm guessing it's simply because JVen and Donkoh were deemed better and more ready. Injuries weren't as bad this year either. Just how it went. I don't think it means anything with regards to Birch though.

If Dawkins is the center, we’re in trouble.

I read somewhere that the staff is going to attempt to get Wormley to stay and the Vega has taken practice reps at C.

Shelton
Nelson
Vega
Wormley
Williams

Which, on paper, seems pretty decent.

Reactions: JoeParulz

I read somewhere that the staff is going to attempt to get Wormley to stay and the Vega has taken practice reps at C.

Shelton
Nelson
Vega
Wormley
Williams

So you think they flip Williams and Shelton. I'd prefer to see Shelton @ LT given how well he played there last year when Olu was unavailable.

Shelton
Nelson
Vega
Wormley
Williams

That looks much better. Also Donkoh at guard if Wormley doesn’t return plus probably a couple of portal guys in the mix.

So you think they flip Williams and Shelton. I'd prefer to see Shelton @ LT given how well he played there last year when Olu was unavailable.
That was my thought as well. I don’t have any info besides what insiders were saying about his difficulty switching sides to the right.

That was my thought as well. I don’t have any info besides what insiders were saying about his difficulty switching sides to the right.
Yeah, Shelton has shown he‘s solid at LT. I‘d rather see Allar’s blindside protected and let Williams develop on the right side if at all possible.

How come Shelton played RT and JVen played LT in our full on subbed OL this year?

Shelton was the backup LT to Olu without doubt, but it's pretty telling that JVen came in at LT in those situations and not RT.

If Shelton is our LT in '24, I would say that means we picked up a RT in the portal.

Donkoh ahead of Birchmeier at OG. A 3 star 5.6 ahead of a 4 star 6.0, #2 OG in the country. Hard to believe #2 OG rated a 4 star. Oh well, so much for the rating services; wouldn't be the 1st time they were wrong.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Not convinced recruiting services wrong yet.

Birchmeier seems to have a high ceiling, believing that he will make a positive impact at PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT