ADVERTISEMENT

Offense next year ?

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
I guess if those who can stay do:

LT (J'Ven Williams ?) (Very little meaningful PT). Critical position which cause concern.
LG (Nelson ?)
Center (Nick Dawkins ?)
RG (Vega)
RT (Shelton) (Most experienced, shouldn't he be @ LT ?)

Not sure who the firm back ups would be unless they are able to bring in some starter ready OLs?

TEs (Warren & a Freshman or RS Freshman ?)
RBs (Allen & Singleton ?)
WRs (Cephus, Wallace & portal pick- ups ?)

QB (Allar, back-up whoever sticks around)

Not exactly an offense that strikes fear in the opposition.

LT (J'Ven Williams ?) (Very little meaningful PT). Critical position which cause concern.
LG (Nelson ?)
Center (Nick Dawkins ?)
RG (Vega)

Not sure who the firm back ups would be unless they are able to bring in some starter ready OLs?

You think LT and RT are interchangeable...
That is all I needed read to ignore your whole post.

LG (Nelson ?)
Center (Nick Dawkins ?)
RG (Vega)

With the way Yurcich utilized the talent but our skill guys should strike some fear in the opposition.

You think LT and RT are interchangeable...
That is all I needed read to ignore your whole post.
RIP, I know they aren't, but Shelton has the LT experience and did well whenever he replaced Fashanau. Why wasn't Williams worked @ RT and Shelton kept @ LT as back-up? I'm looking for answers, not sarcastic replies.

RIP, I know they aren't, but Shelton has the LT experience and did well whenever he replaced Fashanau. Why wasn't Williams worked @ RT and Shelton kept @ LT as back-up? I'm looking for answers, not sarcastic replies.
I'm not being sarcastic. Shelton did ok at Left tackle but I am certain he will make a great RT and Jven Williams will be a great LT. Time will tell. I like them both btw.

I'm not being sarcastic. Shelton did ok at Left tackle but I am certain he will make a great RT and Jven Williams will be a great LT. Time will tell. I like them both btw.
But aren't you concerned about Williams lack of significant PT protecting Allar's blind side? Do you think he'll be given more PT in the final two games and bowl game?

But aren't you concerned about Williams lack of significant PT protecting Allar's blind side? Do you think he'll be given more PT in the final two games and bowl game?
and ..............from left field , no and yes in that order

LG (Nelson ?)
Center (Nick Dawkins ?)
RG (Vega)

At Tight end you forgot about Dinkins.

We also have a five star RB coming in next year.

At Tight end you forgot about Dinkins.

We also have a five star RB coming in next year.
Who also could be outstanding at WR, LB, or Safety.

I like the idea of giving him (Quinton Martin) a look at WR; he has size and running ability that we haven't seen at that position for a while.

Reactions: JoeParulz
Because Shelton has earned the right to get on the field and in 2023 he wouldn't get on the field behind Fashanu at LT. So he has competed with Wallace at RT and got significant playing time there which he wouldn't have gotten at LT. In preseason Shelton was actually competing to start at RT which he couldn't have done at LT. This does not mean that after this season he is slotted at RT as lots can happen in off season.

I like the idea of giving him (Quinton Martin) a look at WR; he has size and running ability that we haven't seen at that position for a while.
Why not give Singleton the look at WR
I'm pretty sure the quickest way to lose an incoming elite talent is move his position. You're basically telling him to hit the portal.

Martin seems to play more WR than RB this season at Belle Vernon. Maybe because BV seems to have other good playmakers at RB.

At this point, no and yes only because I Cannot think of a reason why Jven would not get more playing time.

Reactions: RickinDayton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT