ADVERTISEMENT

Sentencing Spanier

NICNEM_PSU80

Dec 27, 2005
North Jersey
So when will it be? I am guessing that it won't be any time soon so the furor will die down AND there will be no jail time and only a minor fine. My reasoning is that the judge will try to make it not worth appealing so that the bad PR remains and the public will be upset that such a minor sentence being appealed. Its just part of the game from the AOG's perspective. Flash the PR and then let the retractions and the fixes die a slow death.

So when will it be? I am guessing that it won't be any time soon so the furor will die down AND there will be no jail time and only a minor fine. My reasoning is that the judge will try to make it not worth appealing so that the bad PR remains and the public will be upset that such a minor sentence being appealed. Its just part of the game from the AOG's perspective. Flash the PR and then let the retractions and the fixes die a slow death.

Jail time, fine or nothing, this gets appealed. As far as timing, couldn't say.

Forced to attend Pitt home games.
No Your Honor....NOOO!!! ANYTHING but "the chair"!!!!
15496-akalin-4300-stadium-chair-bpwsj-2.jpg

Question for lawyers. If an appeal is pending is sentencing deferred until the appeal is resolved? I am not a lawyer but would think that Spanier has a good chance to get this tossed on appeal. But then again this is PA and common sense does not seem to have any bearing on this situation.

Question for lawyers. If an appeal is pending is sentencing deferred until the appeal is resolved? I am not a lawyer but would think that Spanier has a good chance to get this tossed on appeal. But then again this is PA and common sense does not seem to have any bearing on this situation.
IIRC I read somewhere that sentencing will likely be in May or June. He will appeal, sentence will be imposed, but likely he will remain free pending the outcome of his appeal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT