ADVERTISEMENT

Seems as though Journey Brown is a mudder - New PIAA record

He's still 21guns on themat.com. Here is his latest "argument." By the way, the poster he's railing against is quite respectful.

21guns

• Bronze Member
  • photo-thumb-30191.jpg
  • Members
  • 588 posts
Posted Today, 08:52 AM

pamela, on 27 May 2017 - 2:35 PM, said:

Your inferiority complex is showing.

Yes, I "hate" PSU sooo much that I was cheering on Suriano, Nolf, Rutherford, Bo, etc. during the season and in the Nationals threads, and I root for DT in freestyle. Your little man fan syndrome is getting so tired.

Yeah, you DO hate PSU, and your 3 attack response proved it even further, Freud. Nothing more tired than a hater, that's for sure, unless it's a message board attacker, such as yourself.

And let's see some proof of you "cheering on" Suriano, who didn't even WRESTLE in the Nationals, jacka$$. While we're at it, show us more proof of you "cheering on" anyone from PSU. All you ever post is anti PSU hyperbole. Yeah, it's tired all right.
Gunsie still thinks rebuttals are 'attacks'.

There's also a "DuncPSU" over there.
Do you think he might be the same guy that lived in Suburban Philly, had a rural yard that he decided to have fenced-in with expensive wrought-iron to protect himself from some crazy neighbor who complained about some party he's was going to host? There's some story about a tree that I only semi-recollect.

If I remember correctly, this same individual later posted that his wife accused him of "not earning enough" despite his claim that he travelled 4+ days a week.:eek:

I apparently have been on this board too long and remember too much.:cool:

Do you think he might be the same guy that lived in Suburban Philly, had a rural yard that he decided to have fenced-in with expensive wrought-iron to protect himself from some crazy neighbor who complained about some party he's was going to host? There's some story about a tree that I only semi-recollect.

If I remember correctly, this same individual later posted that his wife accused him of "not earning enough" despite his claim that he travelled 4+ days a week.:eek:

I apparently have been on this board too long and remember too much.:cool:
He had some doozies in the day. At one point, following his banishment, he came back on the board disguised as his son. Weird.

Dudes didn't look like that in my high school and we had like 20 d1 athletes including many at PSU. We'll take it.

I remember RB Joe Dawkins (1996 recruiting class) who broke the NJ HS record with a 10.31 100 meter time.

Reactions: PSU Mike
I remember RB Joe Dawkins (1996 recruiting class) who broke the NJ HS record with a 10.31 100 meter time.

Yeah, the phantom 10.31, which no one recognizes as a NJ state record. Dawkins ran that at a Bergen County championship meet where the timing has been suspect for years. Dawkins never came close to that time ever again.

Maybe the best "3 Star" in the history of CFB recruiting! Not bad breaking an Olympian's 32 year old PA record...

The question we all have is whether he has P5 football talent. He wasn't heavily recruited. As I understand it, he didn't play high-school ball against the best talent. He could very well be a diamond in the rough.

I think a lot of people watched the highlights of Brown and just assumed that he looked " too fast " because the level of competition was not very high. I think that assumption has been completely shot down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 81b&w and mn78psu83
I think a lot of people watched the highlights of Brown and just assumed that he looked " too fast " because the level of competetion was not very high. I think that assumption has been completely shot down.

You mean breaking the 32 year old PA high school sprint record set by an Olypian and multiple time US Record holder is actually pretty darn fast? Go figure...

You mean breaking the 32 year old PA high school sprint record set by an Olypian and multiple time US Record holder is actually pretty darn fast? Go figure...

83wuz, I also found the people who said he was too small to be quite amusing....the kid is not only jacked and 200 lbs of solid muscle, but still growing as well (and getting faster as evidenced by the progression of both hi 60 & 100 times)!

It's amazing. This is from a kid that was not even ranked when Penn State offered,and there was an outcry over it . How the hell did so many colleges miss on him

I'll get blasted for mentioning this, but he seems almost too cut and muscular for a natural high school kid. Jesus. He looks like he belongs in a Joe Weider magazine.

I think a lot of people watched the highlights of Brown and just assumed that he looked " too fast " because the level of competetion was not very high. I think that assumption has been completely shot down.
Meadville ran a gimicky offense. I watched videos of Journey and I don't think he set up in the backfield once. They had two guys positioned along side of, and a step deeper, than the tackles on each side. Technically, they were both in the backfield but not in the traditional RB sense. At least that's what I saw. I don't know if that made a difference to recruiters. Take a look at his Hudl videos. You'll also see the low level of talent he was running against.

Having said all that, he may turn out to be a bigtime player. I hope so.

Meadville ran a gimicky offense. I watched videos of Journey and I don't think he set up in the backfield once. They had two guys positioned along side of, and a step deeper, than the tackles on each side. Technically, they were both in the backfield but not in the traditional RB sense. At least that's what I saw. I don't know if that made a difference to recruiters. Take a look at his Hudl videos. You'll also see the low level of talent he was running against.

With that kind of speed, he could end up at CB, safety or slot. He doesn't have to be at RB.

Reactions: artsandletters
So Lurker your saying he's on PEDs?????Just what proof do you have to back up this accusation,please tells us!

So Lurker your saying he's on PEDs?????Just what proof do you have to back up this accusation,please tells us!

No, I'm not saying that. I'm just making the observation that he looks far more advanced physically than most high school kids. I don't think there is any denying that. He must have one heck of weightlifting/training coach. He looks like a damned Olympian already. He's way ahead of where Barkley was at that point, that's for sure.

I agree with Ian on the previous page. JB could be the home run threat we've lacked in the return game. I'm excited about watching his development over the next 4-5 years.

Peace be the Journey.

Reactions: LionJim
The question we all have is whether he has P5 football talent. He wasn't heavily recruited. As I understand it, he didn't play high-school ball against the best talent. He could very well be a diamond in the rough.
I watched Ryan Switzer (from UNC) play in high school in WV and he played against far worse competition than Journey did. But it was clear Switzer was just better than everyone else. That was even better competition than Randy Moss played against. Also, Curt Warner played against small schools in WV, so his competition was a joke. The competition in many states isn't anywhere near as good as what Journey faced, yet all states get a star now and then. I think the knock on his competition is a bit overblown.

I was thinking that with that speed and that body, he has "safety" written all over him, certainly as an option. From the way he looks now, I can't imagine him getting that much bigger. Maybe 20 pounds or so.

I watched Ryan Switzer (from UNC) play in high school in WV and he played against far worse competition than Journey did. But it was clear Switzer was just better than everyone else. That was even better competition than Randy Moss played against. Also, Curt Warner played against small schools in WV, so his competition was a joke. The competition in many states isn't anywhere near as good as what Journey faced, yet all states get a star now and then. I think the knock on his competition is a bit overblown.

Interesting. I hope you're right about Brown. :)

Interesting.

How does Switzer's film/measurables compare to Brown? Switzer was an immediate impact kid, would love to have found a similar weapon in Brown.

Interesting.

How does Switzer's film/measurables compare to Brown? Switzer was an immediate impact kid, would love to have found a similar weapon in Brown.
Switzer was listed as 5' 8" 181 at the NFL combine. Apparently, he lost 2 inches of height at UNC;) - he was listed as 5' 10" as a HS recruit. His 40 time at the combine was 4.51. He is an NFL slot receiver all the way. The Cowboys see him as Beasley's replacement.

LINK: Ryan Switzer

No, I'm not saying that. I'm just making the observation that he looks far more advanced physically than most high school kids. I don't think there is any denying that. He must have one heck of weightlifting/training coach. He looks like a damned Olympian already. He's way ahead of where Barkley was at that point, that's for sure.

Kuntz also looks far more developed than most high school kids - so did Brian Milne for that matter "back in the day" - so are you just pointing out that some 17-18 year old kids just physically mature faster than others? What are you trying to say? Some kids like this continue to grow and get even bigger while maintaining their speed and athleticism - Carl Nassib being a great example (came to PSU about 6' 2" 200 lbs and kept right on growing). Not sure what you're trying to imply here.

Yeah, I think he will probably redshirt to bring him up to speed on playing the RB position at this level.He's pretty well developed physically for a kid comimg out of HS and has a very lean mass. He appeared to catch the ball well and obviously has top end speed. To me, RB would appear to be the ideal position for him.

Kuntz also looks far more developed than most high school kids - so did Brian Milne for that matter "back in the day" - so are you just pointing out that some 17-18 year old kids just physically mature faster than others? What are you trying to say? Some kids like this continue to grow and get even bigger while maintaining their speed and athleticism - Carl Nassib being a great example (came to PSU about 6' 2" 200 lbs and kept right on growing). Not sure what you're trying to imply here.

Would you agree that his appearance is atypical, particularly how cut and lean he is? That is not merely physical maturation. He is either an absolute freak of nature, or a work-out fiend.

Interesting.

Switzer was small and fast. He also played basketball through his junior year and he was a lot shorter than my son (who is 6'2"). He was very quick on the football field and made guys miss all the time. I had my doubts about him being successful in college due to his size and the competition he played against, but he was quite good. And from everything I've heard, he's a great kid too with a great work ethic and great character. If Journey has those attributes along with his physical skills, he will be really good for us.

Reactions: AldenT
Would you agree that his appearance is atypical, particularly how cut and lean he is? That is not merely physical maturation. He is either an absolute freak of nature, or a work-out fiend.
A dude that young cut like that at 6' 8" 220. Absolutely an outlier. He must already have a strict workout regiment and will end up being a monster receiver after a couple of years in the PSU weight program. He's also fast and super athletic. No wonder he's the number 1 TE prospect. We had some really good athletes in my high school - many moons ago. Two of those ended up in the NFL - one an all pro. Neither was in the ballpark of Brown and Kuntz at that age. Brown almost looks like Herschel Walker in that picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT