ADVERTISEMENT

Seems as though Journey Brown is a mudder - New PIAA record

I actually meant Brown, and I also thought about Herschel Walker, who allegedly never lifted a weight at that age and yet was incredibly well put-together.

Story time! I graduated from a small HS in 1969.I was lucky enough to play two sports in college and was a Head Coach in the Wpial for 35 years.I've seen thousands of HS seniors and college freshmen in my time.The most ripped kid I ever saw graduated in 1967 from my HS.He never saw a weight and never even heard of PEDs but his body was better than a Greek God!So before you experts on PEDs start passing judgements on HS seniors please remember you don't know everything!

Reactions: LionJim
Story time! I graduated from a small HS in 1969.I was lucky enough to play two sports in college and was a Head Coach in the Wpial for 35 years.I've seen thousands of HS seniors and college freshmen in my time.The most ripped kid I ever saw graduated in 1967 from my HS.He never saw a weight and never even heard of PEDs but his body was better than a Greek God!So before you experts on PEDs start passing judgements on HS seniors please remember you don't know everything!
I don't think anyone is accusing anyone of taking PEDs.

I merely made the observation that his appearance is beyond ordinary. I don't think that can be disputed.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I think young Mr Brown is going to be special. This kid has big time winner written all over him. Outstanding at football, basketball and track. A record setter at just about everything he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: mn78psu83
Kind of odd how some on the board said Journey was a marginal, unheralded recruit when it was first announced because he didn't possess very good size for a D1 prospect, but now after winning his second consecutive PIAA 100m Sprint Championship (and breaking Olympic Champion Leroy Burrell's 32 year old PA All-time High School record in the process).....some are suggesting that he looks so big, well muscled and adult-like for a high school senior that there's something suspicious about it.... Go figure!

Remember when this picture was posted during his official visit at one of the games last year? Some of the "we and us'ers" claimed he looked small in street clothes (despite not looking that small relative to the two guys standing to his right who are both OL):

26_4895353.jpg

BTW Leroy Burrell, whose 32 year old PA High School Record Journey just broke was a two-time World Recorder setter (June 1991 - 9.90 and July 1994 - 9.85), an Olympic Gold Medalist (1992 Barcelona 4x100) and multiple WC medal winner. I'd say the current Pennsy Sprint Champion, all-time record-holder and back-to-back winner of the event is in pretty good company as those things go...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT