ADVERTISEMENT

Scott van pelt interview

I don’t personally have no hatred for ESPN, or believe that there is a conspiracy of bias towards Penn State, but for those that do, you might find this SVP quote ironic:

“I push back against it. I get it everyday. Largely, people are kind and largely you get compliments. But you do get the sinking-ship narrative. I would try to educate people, but it’s pointless to educate people who don’t care to be educated”

Last edited:
I don’t personally have a hatred for ESPN, or believe that there is a conspiracy of bias towards Penn State, but for those that do, you might find this SVP quote ironic:

“I push back against it. I get it everyday. Largely, people are kind and largely you get compliments. But you do get the sinking-ship narrative. I would try to educate people, but it’s pointless to educate people who don’t care to be educated”

Indeed.

I don’t personally have no hatred for ESPN, or believe that there is a conspiracy of bias towards Penn State, but for those that do, you might find this SVP quote ironic:

Thousands at each fan base says the exact same thing.

Reactions: BBrown
He's pretty right about it all. They're not going away anytime soon. It's the single most valuable television asset in the world. Are their Wall Street advisors telling them that Disney can boost its earnings by .1% if they lay some people off? Sure. But it's like that in literally every industry.

I've been saying for a while that fox sports has a tremendous opportunity to provide a Pepsi to the espn coke. Fox really needs to step up their game though because their product outside of BTN is pretty poor. But there's a gaping hole in the marketplace for people tired of espn.

actual quote from the article,
"...so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times "

Apparently Scott thinks that canceling cable also shuts off your electricity. Or he has no idea that they come from different entities. Hilarious, but not totally surprising, that ESPN talking heads think this way.

The internet is proving what everyone has known for years about 'sports journalism'; namely, that any schlub who watches sports and has a computer can do what these clowns do - mostly, talk a bunch of nonsense and pretend that being loudest means you win. SVP is and has never been nothing special and this article proves that in addition to being only marginally good at what he does, he's also arrogant and clueless about the business he's in.

actual quote from the article,
"...so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times "

Apparently Scott thinks that canceling cable also shuts off your electricity. Or he has no idea that they come from different entities. Hilarious, but not totally surprising, that ESPN talking heads think this way.
He's not smart enough to realize you can cut cable and still watch TV. You don't have to sit and read, there are plenty of options to actually continue to watch television.

I rarely watch anymore unless there is a game I am interested in. Sub par product. Bunch of hacks saying nothing. And wanna be false morality leaders of our country ....

I rarely watch anymore unless there is a game I am interested in. Sub par product. Bunch of hacks saying nothing. And wanna be false morality leaders of our country ....

I only tune in to see which NFL players are protesting. That way I know where to funnel my :eek:UTRAGE!!

Seriously though - they actually track this weekly. Anymore it's all about trolling....

He's pretty right about it all. They're not going away anytime soon. It's the single most valuable television asset in the world. Are their Wall Street advisors telling them that Disney can boost its earnings by .1% if they lay some people off? Sure. But it's like that in literally every industry.

I've been saying for a while that fox sports has a tremendous opportunity to provide a Pepsi to the espn coke. Fox really needs to step up their game though because their product outside of BTN is pretty poor. But there's a gaping hole in the marketplace for people tired of espn.

ESPN as an entity might not be going away just yet but Scott Van Pelt and the other underlings might be.
Not a good time for SVP to get all "cocky".

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT