ADVERTISEMENT

Schembechler knew his football players were being molested, told them to "toughen up." | UPDATE: FORCED SPERM SAMPLES

Two incidents on campus (neither of which involved your players) vs 100s of incidents on campus (all of which involved your players) is a very different story. Again, it is possible that Bo didn't know. But in that case he failed to protect his players by keeping tabs on who was providing their medical care.
I disagree. Bo had no expertise in the proper behavior of physicians. Its a physical exam. They involve disrobing and the touching of privates. We should not expect a football coach to conduct the investigation to ensure the doctor’s isn’t going beyond what’s medically necessary!

I disagree. Bo had no expertise in the proper behavior of physicians. Its a physical exam. They involve disrobing and the touching of privates. We should not expect a football coach to conduct the investigation to ensure the doctor’s isn’t going beyond what’s medically necessary!
Not saying he should be on the medical oversight board. Saying he should know who he has working with his team. Clearly he did not.

It wasn't right when they destroyed Joe and doing it to someone else is not my idea of justice. If it somehow makes you feel better......I'm not going to get involved.

There is no justice. Perps are dead, victims will get money but that is all. We had to live with sanctimonious a$$holes who preached to us that it would never happen at their great institutions. I had someone last week asked me where I went to school followed up by 'what about that Paterno scandal'? I said what Paterno scandal?

Last edited:
Not on the ESPN feed. Not even mentioned in NCAAF area at all. Unreal hyprocrites..but Dinich's face is right in front of you, talking about Alabama.

Reactions: bison13 and psu00
But don't you recall they said the very same thing about Joe....Joe had to know...Joe knew everything that went on at PSU, Joe was the most powerful man associated with the university. All I am saying is I don't care to engage in character assassination. The crimes occurred. I just don't know if I'm going to swallow words attributed to a football coach by someone who is suing the university. It's just my take. A terrible injustice was done to Joe....dragging down Bo doesn't do one damn thing to help Joe. If I thought it did....I'd lead the parade.
I want to hear from @DesmondHoward. And every other Michigan Man who did us dirty. Not stopping until I do. And maybe not even then. Give me that pound of flesh and a decade of interest.

If the Sandusky story broke ten years later, it’s fair to say it would have received far less attention.
Maybe. Maybe not. And if not, PSU was thrown to the wolves by the limp you know what administration and vindictive old guard BOT whose response was to say thank you, may I have another to the NCAA. Also, after the NCAA was successfully sued and caved like a house of cards, all the other schools since have chosen to take a hard line vis a vis any attempts by the NCAA to impose sanctions. Emmert’s strategy to use the Sandusky scandal as an opportunity to try to show that the NCAA had enforcement “teeth” by piling on and imposing sanctions for a criminal matter over which he admitted the NCAA had no authority when he announced the sanctions backfired royally and essentially emasculated the NCAA’s enforcement authority (with the exception of smaller schools which don’t have the financial resources to fight back). How the clowns at the NCAA think he should be the head of their organization is beyond mind boggling.

Remember that ************ Greg Stejskal who was an FBI detective who took the time to write this column in the New York Daily News?

https://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/i...booted-penn-state-fiasco-blog-entry-1.1632133

Bo Schembechler would not have fumbled a scandal the way Joe Paterno has booted Penn State fiasco
THE SPORTS ITEAM BLOG | DEC 04, 2012
BY GREG STEJSKAL

"Do the Right Thing -Always."

- Bo Schembechler

I want to preface this by saying, I was an admirer of Joe Paterno and Penn State football, which in my adult life have been synonymous. I don't know Joe Paterno, but I know that he had been head coach at Penn State for 46 years - until his dismissal last week - and had been extremely successful, winning 409 games and two national championships.

Paterno achieved this seemingly without compromising sound values. His players were encouraged to be student-athletes with equal emphasis on the student part. The football program's slogan was "success with honor." All of that including Paterno's legacy is in jeopardy.

There was a seamy underside to all that success, Jerry Sandusky. Sandusky played for Paterno then became a coach. Ultimately he was Penn State's defensive coordinator (the face of Linebacker U). He was characterized as Paterno's heir apparent. But if numerous allegations are to believed, Sandusky was, at least, as far back as the mid 90s, a child molester - using his position and its status to sexually abuse young boys.

Sandusky's alleged transgressions go beyond despicable, but the issue for Paterno is what did he know, when did he know it and what did he do about it. According to the report of the Pennsylvania Grand Jury that was investigating the allegations against Sandusky, in 1998 the Penn State police conducted an investigation regarding allegations that Sandusky was involved in the molesting of young boys. The case was presented to the local prosecuting district attorney, but no charges were brought as a result of that investigation. (It is difficult to believe a case could be presented to the prosecutor without Paterno being aware of the investigation.) Coincident with the conclusion of that investigation, Sandusky was informed by Paterno that he would not be Paterno's successor as head coach. Following the 1999 football season, at the age of 55, Sandusky retired from the Penn State coaching staff.

I don't know what caused Sandusky's precipitous fall from grace, but the timing, at best, seems curious.

Although Sandusky was no longer on the Penn State coaching staff, he was still a member of the PSU faculty. He remained an Assistant Professor of Physical Education Emeritus with full access to Athletic Department facilities and other perks.

According to the Grand Jury report, March 1, 2002, Mike McQueary, a PSU football graduate assistant (now the wide receivers coach) saw Sandusky sodomizing a young boy in the shower area of the football building. McQueary knew Sandusky and was shocked and unsettled, but on the following day he reported what he had seen to Paterno. Paterno then told the Penn State Athletic Director, Tim Curley, of McQueary's eyewitness account. Later McQueary would be interviewed by Curley and Penn State Senior Vice-President, Gary Schultz. It is not clear what further actions were taken as to Sandusky, but it is clear this incident was never reported to the police or child welfare authorities. Nor apparently was any action taken to identify the young boy or ascertain his welfare.

Sandusky retained his Assistant Professorship (He was listed in the faculty directory as recently as a few weeks ago) and his access to University facilities. According to the Grand Jury report, Sandusky's abuse of young boys continued after 2002.

So did Paterno fulfill his responsibility as head football coach and as Sandusky's former boss?

I don't think it can be overstated the prestige and sheer clout that Paterno has at Penn State, but for whatever reason, he apparently never used any of that to further pursue the Sandusky matter or to inquire about the welfare of the alleged victims.

He also wrote this dandy in deadline:

Ex-FBI Agent: Bo Schembechler Would Have Handled Penn State Sex Scandal Differently
July 15, 2012, 10:10 AM

Greg Stejskal served as an FBI agent for 31 years and retired as resident agent in charge of the Ann Arbor office. He is an occasional contributor to Deadline Detroit.

By Greg Stejskal

The results of an independent investigation by ex-FBI Director Louie Freeh has been released about the Penn State scandal and it’s quite damning.

Apparently Penn State football coach Joe Paterno knew of allegations of Sandusky’s sexual child abuse as early as 1998. He apparently forced Sandusky to “retire” from the PSU coaching staff (after the 1999 season), but gave him a unique severance package including $168,000 and the designation Assistant Professor Emeritus – thus, allowing Sandusky continued, unrestricted access to Penn State athletic facilities.

This makes Paterno’s actions and inaction in 2002 all the more indefensible. When confronted with an eyewitness account of Sandusky sexually abusing a child in a shower at the PSU football facility, Paterno passed the report to his superiors. But rather than actively pursue it, Paterno counseled that the allegations not be reported to law enforcement or child welfare services.

Paterno was an active participate in the cover-up. Then he lied about it under oath.

That being said, it made me think that Bo Schembechler, who I got to know while I headed up the FBI’s Ann Arbor office, would have handled it differently from the beginning, and it would not have ended like this.

He used to say: “ Do the Right Thing –Always.”

Bo was a legendary football coach at Michigan from 1969-1989 and a peer of Paterno.

To the best of my knowledge, Bo never had to deal with any of his staff being alleged child molesters. He did have situations that required staff and players having to take responsibility for their acts even if it might reflect badly on Michigan, a place he loved and revered.

In 1987, the FBI was investigating two sports agents, Norby Walters and Lloyd Bloom, who had ties to organized crime. Walters and Bloom had worked up a scam where they bribed blue-chip college football players to sign post-dated, secret, agency contracts while they were still eligible to play college football - a clear violation of NCAA rules. Ultimately some of the players balked, threats were made by Walters and Bloom, and the whole thing fell apart. Players who had signed the contracts were identified. They were all star players on prominent college teams. Two of the players were on Bo’s 1986 Michigan team.

When Bo found out, he was livid. He called one of the players, Garland Rivers, an All-American DB, into the office and had Rivers tell him the whole story. Then Bo called me.

When I got to Bo’s office, Bo told Rivers “Tell this FBI agent everything about your relationship with Norby Walters.” Bo could have distanced himself and Michigan from the investigation. Michigan would have been just one of many major football programs victimized by Walters and Bloom. But that wasn’t Bo. Damage control doesn’t mean hiding from the truth. It means taking responsibility for your actions and trying to rectify the mistakes.

Walters and Bloom had enticed his players to break the rules. They had besmirched Michigan. Bo knew he had to take a stand and do what he could to protect future players from illicit agents. Later when Walters and Bloom went on trial in Federal Court for racketeering and fraud, Bo testified. He was the star witness. His testimony was so strong, the defense declined to cross exam him. Walters and Bloom were convicted. What had been a dark moment in Michigan football history was a comeback win as important as any that had occurred on the field.

So what would Bo have done if faced with an assistant coach who was suspected of molesting young boys. We’ll never know for sure, but I’m certain that he wouldn’t have just reported the allegations to his boss and done nothing else. Bo would have made sure the police were aware of the allegations. And that assistant coach would not have any further connection with the University and wouldn't be emeritus anything.

We may never know why Paterno failed to pursue the Sandusky matter further. Perhaps Paterno didn’t do more out of a misguided effort to protect the reputation of Penn State, but if that was the motive, far more damage has been done to Penn State’s reputation than would have been done had this matter been fully confronted in 1998 or 2002.

Bo did not see various degrees or shades of honor and integrity. You either did the right thing or you didn’t – half way was unacceptable.

Desmond Howard currently and will stay this way...
Southeastern_field_cricket.JPG

Yeah, gross and obnoxious.

Big 10 currently has the "Hayes-Schembechler" Coach of the Year award. Will the Big 10 office be removing Schembechler's name from the award like they stripped Joe Paterno's name (despite the fact he reported the one incident to his bosses and handled the situation exactly according to the procedures now stipulated in NCAA guidelines)? Here's the posted number for the office of Commissioner Kevin Warren - 1-847-696-1010 extension 20121 - in case you would like to inquire...

Big 10 currently has the "Hayes-Schembechler" Coach of the Year award. Will the Big 10 office be removing Schembechler's name from the award like they stripped Joe Paterno's name (despite the fact he reported the one incident to his bosses and handled the situation exactly according to the procedures now stipulated in NCAA guidelines)? Here's the posted number for the office of Commissioner Kevin Warren - 1-847-696-1010 extension 20121 - in case you would like to inquire...
Although Hayes *punched* a student athlete during a game so it doesn't seem like the league is likely to care.

Reactions: bison13
Go get 'em ChiTown! Comeuppance time for Dumbsmond and his imbecile wife, and all the other clowns who took their shots at PSU. Wish I could co-sign your tweets.

Karma's a b-tch, Meat-chicken. Your head coach knew EXACTLY what was going on and told the players to man-up.

(It's times like this that make me want to get a Twitter account)

If they tear down bo's statue, and every michigan man feels the shame of that, that would be something. I doubt I'll even get that.

Bo Knows Homo woes!

The Michigan player said: " Doctor Handerson, I said I'd like you to feel around for a cyst, not feel around with your wrist!

People in this thread/board really need to step up.

I could paste a gazillion links to articles but it doesn't mean a thing unless "people like you" who are reading these messages start rattling the cages about a scandal at Michigan that is 300 times more prolific (in terms of number of victims) and infinitely more problematic (UM victims complained directly to Bo who told them to "toughen up!"), but no one here or in the media seems to give a flying **** which makes my efforts over the last 10 years a complete and total waste of my time.

People in this thread/board really need to step up.

I could paste a gazillion links to articles but it doesn't mean a thing unless "people like you" who are reading these messages start rattling the cages about a scandal at Michigan that is 300 times more prolific (in terms of number of victims) and infinitely more problematic (UM victims complained directly to Bo who told them to "toughen up!"), but no one here or in the media seems to give a flying **** which makes my efforts over the last 10 years a complete and total waste of my time.

Chi, I did not know that you took to social media with an expectation that other Penn Staters would follow. I am not your guy in this particular fight, as I am not on social media. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. just aren’t for me. Never have been.

I greatly appreciate your efforts, though. If this is your passion, do it without an expectation of others. You don’t need others to get the message out there.

At this point, the question to be asked about Desmond is, was he ever abused, himself, in the past? Given the ferociousness of his response, it does make you wonder. With all of the stuff that clearly was going on everywhere, I wouldn't discount the possibility.
Dude - Mushmouf’s personal life is likely very weird given his general demeanor. Personally, I think the dude is on the “down low” to start

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT