ADVERTISEMENT

Schembechler knew his football players were being molested, told them to "toughen up." | UPDATE: FORCED SPERM SAMPLES

Penn State fans should take great pride in knowing that nobody turns the other cheek quite like we do.

Chi, fwiw, your passion has helped to carry many of us through the whole saga. I certainly use your info and posts to help with my own discussions when people want to trash C/S/S/P.
I believe your posts here and on Twitter are highly valued by 'people like me'. You are often a voice of much-needed perspective.

Chi, fwiw, your passion has helped to carry many of us through the whole saga. I certainly use your info and posts to help with my own discussions when people want to trash C/S/S/P.
I believe your posts here and on Twitter are highly valued by 'people like me'. You are often a voice of much-needed perspective.

Chi has the facts on his side, and he does a great job using them. I understand that he would like to see others do the heavy lifting and contribute to the cause, but he still has done himself and all of us a great service fighting the good fight. I hope he continues, for himself, not just for us.

And nothing will happen just like at MSU and O$U... and a lot more happened at these big ten stalwarts than at PSU. Disgusting on all fronts. The hypocrisy of the conference is enough to bolt and find greener pastures.
Where have I heard that?

10 years ago, could anyone here have imagined a scenario that could possibly be worse that what we were facing in November 2011?

Since then, we've unfortunately seen horrific human catastrophes of sexual abuse at Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, Syracuse, USC, UCLA, Oregon State (Ed Ray), etc...

but nobody here is willing to do the work to shove it in the faces of those who shoved it in ours.

You're all perfectly content reading whatever I post in these threads. But there's no activists who are willing to step up and show the world how badly they ****ed up with their misguided takes on Joe Paterno and Penn State. Because of this, I think I'm done. If you don't care, why should I? Time to start investing my energy into real life. Sorry, Bob. ✌️
We care, but MSM and the big sports networks don’t care. If they don’t care, general public will not care (be outraged).

Sorry, but even a huge effort of folks on this board is not going to change that, thus no true effort.

Rant retracted. Thanks for the words. @BobPSU92 is right. I've been doing this for myself, to make sense of this whole situation, to put the issues in black and white and determine right from wrong. Nobody has to take an eye for the eye that Desmond/everyone took from us.

Working thoughts:

Bo Schembechler is everything they accused of Joe Paterno.

UM victims reported sexual abuse directly to Bo Schembechler.
No victims reported to Joe Paterno. Only an ear-witness in Mike McQueary the next day.

UM football players were sexually abused. They were under the care of UM, the B1G & NCAA.
No PSU student-athletes were sexually abused.

Bo Schembechler literally told the victims to "toughen up."
Joe advanced ear-witness Mike McQueary's report to AD Tim Curley and Head of Police Gary Schultz who then advanced the report outside of PSU to Child & Youth Services caseworker Jack Raykovitz who was Jerry's employer at the time as the CEO of The Second Mile.

UM football coaches threated to punish UM players by sending them to see Dr. Robert Anderson.
Paterno & family published a report about nice-guy, pillar-of-the-community predators to

Over 2-plus decades, UM football players reported sexual abuse directly to Bo Schembechler.
Bo Schembechler told his football players to "toughen up."

- - - - -

Hoping to put together a fact-sheet or infographic that compares and contrasts these enlightening facts about "Joe vs Bo." Please feel free to add to the list. This is the WilmerHare report (press "CTRL" and "F" to find references to Schembechler and football): https://regents.umich.edu/files/meetings/01-01/WH_Anderson_Report.pdf

Also looking to compile a list of Michigan Men who relished the opportunity to crush Penn State and Joe Paterno. Starting with Desmond Howard, of course.

When is the vote to decide if Michigan should be kicked out of the conference?? When will NCAA sanctions be imposed?? Will the decisions be made based on an opinion piece which the administrators admitted to not even reading??

Chi, thank you for all your efforts. I no longer Twitter but has John U. Bacon, who I believe wrote several books about Schembechler, commented about Bo knowing and doing nothing?
John has retweeted some of the articles, hasn't engaged much in the subject but also hasn't dodged it. Here's his history of tweets about Bo. He initially came down pretty harsh on PSU/JVP but later came around as one of our better supporters, IMHO.

Reactions: odshowtime
I made the mistake of reading some of the comments on MGoBlog. Most of the morons over there are convinced that this is "no where near as bad as Penn State". The ignorance is just astounding.

Even if everything Sandusky is accused of is true (spoiler: it isn't) and even if there was a coverup (spoiler: there wasn't), the UM situation is FAR worse based on the number of victims AND the fact that this is far more closely tied to the university (it was STUDENT ATHLETES who were abused.

Just staggering how ill informed people are.
Tough to compare one victim to the next.

However....it is ALWAYS forgotten that ONLY at PSU were there ZERO victims reporting abuse to the university. At all of the others there were loads of victims at each institution asking for help from LOADs of University personnel and all were ignored.

You can't ignore something you don't actually have any awareness.

Tough to compare one victim to the next.

However....it is ALWAYS forgotten that ONLY at PSU were there ZERO victims reporting abuse to the university. At all of the others there were loads of victims at each institution asking for help from LOADs of University personnel and all were ignored.

You can't ignore something you don't actually have any awareness.
I agree with most of what you wrote.

But it isn't about comparing individual victims.

I was comparing the relevancy/connectedness of the cases to the universities (and the NCAA). The PSU case had a tangential (at best) relationship to the university.

The Michigan case involved current student athletes being abused by a university doctor during the course of his professional duties for the university.

And I think it IS fair to discuss the number of victims.

I believe PSU paid settlements to around 30(?) accusers. (I would argue that in this case 30 is greater than the actual number of victims, but that's a discussion for another time).

Michigan has over 300 documented accusers!!!

I agree with most of what you wrote.

But it isn't about comparing individual victims.

I was comparing the relevancy/connectedness of the cases to the universities (and the NCAA). The PSU case had a tangential (at best) relationship to the university.

The Michigan case involved current student athletes being abused by a university doctor during the course of his professional duties for the university.

And I think it IS fair to discuss the number of victims.

I believe PSU paid settlements to around 30(?) accusers. (I would argue that in this case 30 is greater than the actual number of victims, but that's a discussion for another time).

Michigan has over 300 documented accusers!!!

Add in the cover up of hundreds of students who were abused by a University employee at Ohio State… The next Ohio State - Michigan game is sure going to be interesting. Considering how much PSU was drug through the mud for reporting outside the university an incident where no abuse occurred, between a non-student and a non-employee.

Reactions: gslachta
Add in the cover up of hundreds of students who were abused by a University employee at Ohio State… The next Ohio State - Michigan game is sure going to be interesting. Considering how much PSU was drug through the mud for reporting outside the university an incident where no abuse occurred, between a non-student and a non-employee.
It will be mentioned about as much as a fart in church will be. Unfortunately it won't be brought up.

Reactions: odshowtime
Can you say "systemic?"

Case I: Former U-M provost Martin Philbert sexually harassed multiple people over two decades throughout his entire career at the University while rising in ranks from professor to dean to provost, the head of the office that oversees cases of gender-based violence. University officials, including President Mark Schlissel, knew of the rumors, now proven true, circulating about Philbert’s misconduct and failed to launch investigations until the 2018-2019 school year.

Case II: More than 150 survivors have come forward, filing individual lawsuits and a class-action lawsuit, against the University in response to the University’s handling of sexual abuse of students by former athletic doctor Robert E. Anderson dating back to the 1960s. The University has received over 460 complaints against Anderson. Worst of all, former football coach Bo Schembechler and former athletic director Don Canham allegedly knew about Anderson’s actions and failed to do anything in response at the time. Anderson worked until his retirement in 2003, despite being demoted for his behavior in 1979.

Case III: The Michigan Daily uncovered 40 years of harassment and sexual misconduct allegations against Stephen Shipps, School of Music, Theatre & Dance faculty member.

Case IV: Employees at Clinc, an artificial intelligence start-up, made allegations of sexual misconduct against Jason Mars, Clinc’s CEO and professor of electrical engineering and computer science at the University; some faculty wrote a statement calling for Mars to take a leave of absence. He taught an undergraduate course during the Winter 2021 semester.

Case V: In 2019, the University conducted a survey on sexual misconduct. Critical results include: 12.4% of women and 1.7% of men experience rape on campus; 20.4% of women and 4.2% of men experience nonconsensual sexual touching on campus; 34.3% of undergraduate women remain most at risk for experiencing nonconsensual touching and penetration on campus; 17% of undergraduates, and 26.4% of women, experience unwanted kissing and sexual touching prior to coming to the University; 6.7% of undergraduates, and 10.6% of women, experience unwanted penetration or oral sex prior to coming to the University. Marginalized groups, including women, transgender students, genderqueer or nonbinary students and students with disabilities, are the most at risk for experiencing unwanted sexual behaviors (stalking, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence and rape).

Case VI: English professor Douglas Trevor cannot conduct undergraduate office hours with his door closed nor hold U-M leadership positions for two years in light of allegations of harassment.

Case VII: The University placed EECS professor Peter Chen on administrative leave following criminal charges for sexual misconduct with a minor.

Can you say "systemic?"

Case I: Former U-M provost Martin Philbert sexually harassed multiple people over two decades throughout his entire career at the University while rising in ranks from professor to dean to provost, the head of the office that oversees cases of gender-based violence. University officials, including President Mark Schlissel, knew of the rumors, now proven true, circulating about Philbert’s misconduct and failed to launch investigations until the 2018-2019 school year.

Case II: More than 150 survivors have come forward, filing individual lawsuits and a class-action lawsuit, against the University in response to the University’s handling of sexual abuse of students by former athletic doctor Robert E. Anderson dating back to the 1960s. The University has received over 460 complaints against Anderson. Worst of all, former football coach Bo Schembechler and former athletic director Don Canham allegedly knew about Anderson’s actions and failed to do anything in response at the time. Anderson worked until his retirement in 2003, despite being demoted for his behavior in 1979.

Case III: The Michigan Daily uncovered 40 years of harassment and sexual misconduct allegations against Stephen Shipps, School of Music, Theatre & Dance faculty member.

Case IV: Employees at Clinc, an artificial intelligence start-up, made allegations of sexual misconduct against Jason Mars, Clinc’s CEO and professor of electrical engineering and computer science at the University; some faculty wrote a statement calling for Mars to take a leave of absence. He taught an undergraduate course during the Winter 2021 semester.

Case V: In 2019, the University conducted a survey on sexual misconduct. Critical results include: 12.4% of women and 1.7% of men experience rape on campus; 20.4% of women and 4.2% of men experience nonconsensual sexual touching on campus; 34.3% of undergraduate women remain most at risk for experiencing nonconsensual touching and penetration on campus; 17% of undergraduates, and 26.4% of women, experience unwanted kissing and sexual touching prior to coming to the University; 6.7% of undergraduates, and 10.6% of women, experience unwanted penetration or oral sex prior to coming to the University. Marginalized groups, including women, transgender students, genderqueer or nonbinary students and students with disabilities, are the most at risk for experiencing unwanted sexual behaviors (stalking, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence and rape).

Case VI: English professor Douglas Trevor cannot conduct undergraduate office hours with his door closed nor hold U-M leadership positions for two years in light of allegations of harassment.

Case VII: The University placed EECS professor Peter Chen on administrative leave following criminal charges for sexual misconduct with a minor.

Plus stephen jenson. Plus gibbons and lewan.

I’m sure it’s all just a misunderstanding.

Can you say "systemic?"
"People make mistakes, and some of those are purposeful and premeditated, and if you just take the Penn State experience, pretty pervasive." - Michigan State University President Louann Simon in 2012

One of the many hypocrites who were actually knowingly presiding over a systemic problem yet chose to do nothing.

Last edited:
"Jim did defend Bo, saying he wouldn’t be the type of guy who would sweep something under the rug"

Give him the benefit of the doubt after decades of service? What a stupid idea. Bo obviously covered this up so he could go get destroyed in the rose bowl sometimes.

There is no other logical explanation.

Reactions: psu00
"34.3% of undergraduate women remain most at risk for experiencing nonconsensual touching and penetration on campus"

Can somebody explain what this means? How is such a thing quantified?

ADVERTISEMENT