ADVERTISEMENT

Scenes from the crowd, a picture says a 1000 words - final play

SLion: What site were you on when you got that photo of the asian woman (the first one you posted)? Try clicking on that photo, then clicking on the purple "Next Post" box when it appears, and see what you get next. LOL...

SLion: What site were you on when you got that photo of the asian woman (the first one you posted)? Try clicking on that photo, then clicking on the purple "Next Post" box when it appears, and see what you get next. LOL...

:eek:

Lafayette,

Hah..a legitimate question whose answer has plagued mankind for years.

Some noise that the Iowa fans behind our bench were pretty "vocal". But Johnson came close to being flagged there, and that would have been a shame. Ref took a LONG look. I'd like to have them ignore the crowd.

Some noise that the Iowa fans behind our bench were pretty "vocal". But Johnson came close to being flagged there, and that would have been a shame. Ref took a LONG look. I'd like to have them ignore the crowd.

A flag wouldn't have mattered. They couldn't take the td off the board. We win. Maybe they make us kickoff from the 20 on Saturday - ha!

Reactions: TenerHallTerror

We were flagged and the XP was moved back 15 yards. Not sure if the TV broadcast commented on it, but there was definitely a penalty.

In an environment like Iowa it is particularly bad with the fans so - too - close and charged with electricity in the hope of an upset. So sweet that PSU had the final words. TOUCHDOWN PENN STATE!

they even ran a clip during the game, trying to run the camera crew between the benches and the stands. it is SO tense and tight.

Reactions: mn78psu83
My picture from section 101....
37261987116_769a20f93d_b.jpg

Perhaps it's just me, but that Ref (Back Judge) looked pissed after we scored, pushing Johnson aside.

Perhaps it's just me, but that Ref (Back Judge) looked pissed after we scored, pushing Johnson aside.

I suspect...but will never know, that he'd have thrown a flag if it was in the middle of the third quarter. I don't know what Johnson said but I am guessing it wasn't complimentary of the Iowa faithful.

In an environment like Iowa it is particularly bad with the fans so - too - close and charged with electricity in the hope of an upset. So sweet that PSU had the final words. TOUCHDOWN PENN STATE!
The media will wink and do fluff pieces on it. Until something bad happens and theirs will be the first & loudest voice to raise the indignity of it all. The Almighty media giveth and the Almighty media taketh.

Reactions: mn78psu83
They have flagged players for the shh sign before.
I hate the shh thing. It seems to happen very frequently these days when teams score on the road, it's hardly just a PSU thing. Johnson did it for an excessive amount of time and needed to leave the crowd alone. That's not what PSU is about. Act like you've been there before. Someone said he was flagged, which I missed in the excitement of the game winning TD. Honestly, that deserved to be flagged.

Reactions: bmw199 and demlion
My picture from section 101....
37261987116_769a20f93d_b.jpg
only three IOWA dbs in the area and it looked a lot more risky as one guy missed deflecting the ball by a millimeter in real time.... so I wonder was the the second receiver in the area..........by design?

only three IOWA dbs in the area and it looked a lot more risky as one guy missed deflecting the ball by a millimeter in real time.... so I wonder was the the second receiver in the area..........by design?
PSU ran that play before and the db guarding Johnson knew it was a flag before the cut. Johnson told Moorhead and they altered the route to a post pattern. You can see the db taking the bait and jj wide open. After the game Johnson walls up to Moorhead and says 'thank you for believing in me'. Audrey Snyder, one of the best covering psu (best after Callahan imho) tweeted the video.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT