ADVERTISEMENT

Sandwiches

McNallys in Chestnut Hill (outside of Philadelphia). Home of the Schmitter. There other sandwiches are incredible as well.

I don't know if any of you "old timers" remember, back in 67-68 the "Hogie Man" would show up at the fraternity houses. Usually between 9 and 10 at night. He'd just holler up the stairs "HOGIE MAN......HOGIES, SANDWICHES....LET'S EAT IT"! I used to get tuna a lot. He'd always sell 2 or 3 then move on to the next house. I have no idea what shop they came from.

Last edited:
Reactions: odshowtime
Little place call Gio’s BBQ just off the Woodland exit on I-80 (near the Walmart distribution center) has excellent subs/sandwiches. Used to pick them up for tailgating at PSU games.
Don’t get to many games anymore, but still stop at Gio’s most every time I head that direction.

Little place call Gio’s BBQ just off the Woodland exit on I-80 (near the Walmart distribution center) has excellent subs/sandwiches. Used to pick them up for tailgating at PSU games.
Don’t get to many games anymore, but still stop at Gio’s most every time I head that direction.

Carmen’s Deli, Bellmawr, NJ is great. Those damn hoagies are easily 3-4 lbs. Always busy. Whatever you get is delic.

Capriotti’s in Delaware is well known, but I haven’t been to one in years. They started in Delaware but have expanded over to the years to various states across the country. I know they’re in Las Vegas.

Capriotti’s in Delaware is well known, but I haven’t been to one in years. They started in Delaware but have expanded over to the years to various states across the country. I know they’re in Las Vegas.
Cap’s is changing. When they were family owned, their sandwiches were worth the money. Now that they’re corporately driven, quality & quantity are being affected. Not bad, but not what they used to be.

Cap’s is changing. When they were family owned, their sandwiches were worth the money. Now that they’re corporately driven, quality & quantity are being affected. Not bad, but not what they used to be.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. When I lived in Delaware years ago, they had just expanded to Vegas. Their web site says they’re in 15 states now.

Reactions: ItsAllGoodMan
Does anyone remember Bubba's Breakaway in State College during the mid-80's? I remember it was finals week and I didn't eat all day until about 7 at night. I got a 14" italian since I was starving. I loved the italian dressing.

Italian Hoagie/Sub at the Main Bar in downtown Sarasota, FL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT