ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers fires Ash

This article says Rutgers is also interested in Moorhead and Narduzzi. :eek:

I can't see Narduzzi leaving Pitt for Rutgers. Now is Michigan State called that would be a different story but as bad as Pitt is it is much easier to be competitive at a bad road ACC Coastal program than a bad Big Ten East program.

Rutgers doesn’t have the money to go after a big name. They will settle for some assistant from a mid tier school.

Schiano was 28-48 vs Big East competition while at Rutgers.

He may be a perfect fit.
Yes, they give Schiano all the credit for having some moderate success when they should credit being in the Big Easy Conference (same as Rich Rod).

I can't see Narduzzi leaving Pitt for Rutgers. Now is Michigan State called that would be a different story but as bad as Pitt is it is much easier to be competitive at a bad road ACC Coastal program than a bad Big Ten East program.
Narduzzi had interest in Rutgers that last time the job was open. There was an article on nj.com where someone inside Rutgers said Narduzzi's agent contacted them about the position. Don't know how serious it was, but it could have been a move to get more money out of Pitt.

Why

Why would either Moorhead or Narduzzi leave their current situations for Rutgers? Makes no sense, Unless of course Rutgers pays $5M or more.

Moorhead is probably looking at a 7-5 or 6-6 season. He might already be on thin ice down there. As for Duzz I agree, it would be crazy for him to leave his comfortable position at Pitt to take over a train wreck in the BIG East. Even if Rutgers agrees to pay him more money, he would never last five years.

Didn't Schiano quit the Patriots in the spring?
Yes. I don’t know what other irons he has in the fire. He would be a popular hire for RU but he may be holding out for a more attractive job. Temple always seems to find good coaches but they can’t keep them. Maybe someone like Pry would take the job.

A few thoughts

I feel bad for Ash. He is a decent enough guy. But the program at Rutgers is just beyond any semblance of being a D-1program relative to other conference teams

I love it that Nunzio Campile will be the interim coach. It’s like the Steve Martin character in “My Blue Heaven” got a college coaching job. Or they found him at the Bada Bing.

Two words: Rich Rod.

Outside of New Jersey no one knows what Rutgers is or where they are. Sad but true.

24110378-standard.jpg

Hey, you got a f*ckin’ problem?

Reactions: RU31trap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT