ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU fires their basketball coach

Surprised about the timing but this was inevitable. OSU has underperformed big time for at least last year and this year.

I'm shocked how quickly he fell from a competitive team to this.
They’re still a decent team (and probably better chances than not that they land in the NIT this year)…but expectations are high, and they definitely haven’t met them the last few years.

At some point, folks are going to realize that winning/losing in college b ball is mostly to do with buying players, not coaching or developing them.
Is this why schools like Purdue and Houston are thriving (and we saw SDSt/FAU in the F4 last year), while Kentucky is struggling?

Reactions: psrurock
At some point, folks are going to realize that winning/losing in college b ball is mostly to do with buying players, not coaching or developing them.
It's not that simple. You need to be able to acquire the right players. The coaching and player development of those players on your team is dependent on many factors. It can be as simple as having the players all like each other.

Player development and team building has a much shortened life cycle than the model from yesteryear.

And giving the athlete too much power can make it more difficult when it comes time to coaching and disciplining your team.

Calling PHD holders doctor was never an issue until Jill OBiden. I have always addressed them as doctor unless they asked fir a different address. Remember. Trump is an ASSHOLE. Sadly, so are many of his supporters.
Let me add that in my career that there seemed to be an inverse relationship between the # of degrees held and common sense.
WTF?

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Calling PHD holders doctor was never an issue until Jill OBiden. I have always addressed them as doctor unless they asked fir a different address. Remember. Trump is an ASSHOLE. Sadly, so are many of his supporters.
Let me add that in my career that there seemed to be an inverse relationship between the # of degrees held and common sense.
Holy random thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT