ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers adding pool to Student section

Brad908

Jul 12, 2012
LOL

Rutgers students will be able to enjoy the school's football home opener versus the Washington Huskies from unique seats at High Point Solutions Stadium on September 1.

Per Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com, Rutgers plans to install a "temporary pool or Jacuzzi" in the student section for the university's first football game of the season. Students will have an opportunity to win access ahead of the matchup.

According to the official website for Rutgers Football, this is part of a "War Before the Shore" promotion meant to serve as an unofficial farewell to summer. Beach towels and sunglasses will be given away to set amounts of fans, and the "Block R Party" will feature a makeshift beach that includes volleyball nets, lifeguard stands and a sand sculpture.

That'll be more pee than water by the end of the 1st quarter.

So dumb. I guess they at least can swim while watching Rutgers lose 76-0

I live in Jacksonville. They have a pool in the jags stadium.... nothing but drunk rednecks....you couldn't pay me to get in that thing... it's probably 90% piss.

Reactions: nittany dave
The old men who stand there waiting to shoot the cannon off after rutgres touchdowns should get to sit in it the entire game. Lord knows they did nothing when rutgres lost in 252-0 in 4 big ten games.

Reactions: Sharkies
Pond would be good for them.

BxH89QCIIAAs16l.jpg

How do their leaders not recognize that this is a bad idea for any program because it is just dumb, but especially dumb for them.

They will lose by 40+ and the photos/videos are going to be everywhere along with infinite punchlines.

Same occurred to me about a possible visual. Getting blown out, half empty stadium and the occasional hot tub shot.

Reactions: Sharkies
How does the saying "war before the shore" signify the end of summer? Wouldn't it be the opposite? Shore before the war? What am I missing with that saying? It doesn't make any sense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT