ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to a high school teammate of Abdul Carter a couple days ago.

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
He is a current student and football player there. I said I was a big PSU football fan and wanted to know what kind of guy Carter was. Had nothing but praise for him. Said he is every bit of 6'4", roughly 230 lbs. When I asked him if Carter is as fast as he is reputed to be, he said that he is probably faster. Characterized him as a freak athlete.

I hope he can find a position early on and stay with it, whether at DE or LBer. I think he will prove to be one of the gems of this class.

He is a current student and football player there. I said I was a big PSU football fan and wanted to know what kind of guy Carter was. Had nothing but praise for him. Said he is every bit of 6'4", roughly 230 lbs. When I asked him if Carter is as fast as he is reputed to be, he said that he is probably faster. Characterized him as a freak athlete.

I hope he can find a position early on and stay with it, whether at DE or LBer. I think he will prove to be one of the gems of this class.
And I think you are absolutely right on! I wish there was a way he could have enrolled early. From the film I've watched his speed allows him to be poised to take a fraction of a second longer to read then turn on the burners for the perfect angle to the perfect spot. Not going to compare him to other linebackers but when you're done watching the film's it sure is tempting!

Back in late fall I Spoke to a guy who refs HS football in the area and did some of his games. he also had high praise for Carter

And I think you are absolutely right on! I wish there was a way he could have enrolled early. From the film I've watched his speed allows him to be poised to take a fraction of a second longer to read then turn on the burners for the perfect angle to the perfect spot. Not going to compare him to other linebackers but when you're done watching the film's it sure is tempting!
In college everyone is faster so he won’t be able to start late or he will get a bad angle. Just like too many of our guys. Speed is so hard to judge and practice speed never matches game speed. Maybe he can step right in, maybe he will take some time to adjust. Only time will tell....as they say.

In college everyone is faster so he won’t be able to start late or he will get a bad angle. Just like too many of our guys. Speed is so hard to judge and practice speed never matches game speed. Maybe he can step right in, maybe he will take some time to adjust. Only time will tell....as they say.
Bwahahahaha...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT