ADVERTISEMENT

RIP K C Jones NFM

Sorry to hear this. Very classy coach during the Bird era. I think Larry always said that while K. C. was not as gifted as Bill Fitch when it came to X’s and O’s, he knew more about what it was like to be a player. And, that gave him the wisdom of a great leader.

Sorry to hear this. Very classy coach during the Bird era. I think Larry always said that while K. C. was not as gifted as Bill Fitch when it came to X’s and O’s, he knew more about what it was like to be a player. And, that gave him the wisdom of a great leader.
KC was a class act...every way and all of the time. And a champion’s champion!

Reactions: BBrown and TheGLOV
Teammates with the great Bill Russell both in college (University of San Francisco) and the Celtics. Won 2 NCAA championships with Russell along with a gold medal in 1956.

KC is one of only 7 to win an NCAA championship, Olympic gold, and NBA championship. I'd plug in Wilt, Jordan and Magic as three of the others. Good trivia question. I don't recall seeing him play, but I think he was on the Dick Enberg Sports Challenge game show. That was really a fun show, attached is a link to it......

KC is one of only 7 to win an NCAA championship, Olympic gold, and NBA championship. I'd plug in Wilt, Jordan and Magic as three of the others. Good trivia question. I don't recall seeing him play, but I think he was on the Dick Enberg Sports Challenge game show. That was really a fun show, attached is a link to it......
Not Wilt.

Russell, KCJ, Magic, MJ, Laettner, Jerry Lucas, Oscar.

Edit: I’m guessing on Laettner and Oscar. I’m like 95% on Oscar.

Reactions: katchthis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT