ADVERTISEMENT

Lanning already in Tuscaloosa

Already there.

IMG-3983.gif

Why is everyone so infatuated with Lanning? He’s had some success at Oregon, but any more than Cristobal had? Or any other Oregon coach for that matter? I think we all just found out how soft the PAC actually was.

He had a good defense at Georgia, but wasn’t that a Kirby Smart defense?

I don’t know, I’d be hesitant to think he’s the can’t miss heir apparent to Saban. Not that I really care if Bama crumbles but I think Bama fans will find out quickly just how high they were flying with Saban.

Reactions: dswartz and hoflane
Why is everyone so infatuated with Lanning? He’s had some success at Oregon, but any more than Cristobal had? Or any other Oregon coach for that matter? I think we all just found out how soft the PAC actually was.

I don’t know, I’d be hesitant to think he’s the can’t miss heir apparent to Saban. Not that I really care if Bama crumbles but I think Bama fans will find out quickly just how high they were flying with Saban.
He compares nicely with any other realistic candidate.

He's just the hot name at the moment. He's got 2 good years under his belt. Recruiting is high. He worked under Smart and that's a rub. He's young. He seems to be in the same high intensity mold that Saban and Smart are.

I do agree with you, he hasn't done anything that nobody done before him, but he's new and expectations aren't as high.

Primarily, he seems to be an ace recruiter and that's what you have to be.

He’s not, but they need to be realistic. Bama is Bama because of Nick Saban, and formerly Bear Bryant. They are not a program that is so advantaged by circumstance that every coach in the country would give up everything to coach there.

I doubt Lanning goes there in the end. Doesn’t he have better NIL resources at Oregon compared to Alabama? And who would want to follow a legend?

I doubt Lanning goes there in the end. Doesn’t he have better NIL resources at Oregon compared to Alabama? And who would want to follow a legend?
Lots of people would love the opportunity to follow a legend. Not everyone is afraid of pressure. With the new playoff format anyone that takes over there is in great shape.

Reactions: Cowbell Man
The next coach will not have the success of the last. See loyd carr example. Expect similar transition

It's a no win situation for the next coach there - not many have replicated what the previous legend type coach was able to do - will be interesting to see who ends up there.

0-2 v top 10 this year. Pathetic.

Reports are that Lanning staying at Oregon and he was apparently never in Tuscaloosa. Which makes sense as the coaches don’t come to the school interview

Dabo’s refusal to adapt to the portal is going to be a dealbreaker.
Nope, he'll get on board at smiling for fund raising, and Alabama typically doesn't have to chase kids in the portal, which is what Dabo really despises. Alabama recruits and reloads annually.

Lots of people would love the opportunity to follow a legend. Not everyone is afraid of pressure. With the new playoff format anyone that takes over there is in great shape.
Unless you are Lou Holtz, then you leave a team so you don’t beat a legends wins record. That’s what he said, anyway. lol.

And I can’t imagine there are many coaches that wouldn’t want to coach at Bama.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Nope, he'll get on board at smiling for fund raising, and Alabama typically doesn't have to chase kids in the portal, which is what Dabo really despises. Alabama recruits and reloads annually.

Bama brings in around 5 per year. Clemson averages fewer than 1. Clemson recruits and reloads annually was their company line and they've ridden that excuse to 3 straight playoff misses despite an incredibly weak conference.

Reactions: dswartz
Bama brings in around 5 per year. Clemson averages fewer than 1. Clemson recruits and reloads annually was their company line and they've ridden that excuse to 3 straight playoff misses despite an incredibly weak conference.
Whatever makes you feel good, I would turn off your feed for the next month.

Whatever makes you feel good, I would turn off your feed for the next month.

I don't have a horse in this race so I really don't care. It's highly unlikely any of the moves tied to this or the subsequent dominos that fall will impact our staff.

I
I don't have a horse in this race so I really don't care. It's highly unlikely any of the moves tied to this or the subsequent dominos that fall will impact our staff.
I 100% agree with that. My point was Dabo related......and my only point is his new contract is a little over a year old, and he is one clause which makes only a leave to Alabama is feasible. He is an Alabama alumni/player, and a lot of people bankrolling like him, a lot! But, if I were the Alabama AD, I'd also bring in 4 to talk about their vision and how they will execute.

Who the hell wants this job? No matter who you hire, there's nowhere to go but down.

Frankly I think they HAVE to look at NFL guys because no college coach in their right mind wants this.

Beluchick or Pete.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Who the hell wants this job? No matter who you hire, there's nowhere to go but down.

Frankly I think they HAVE to look at NFL guys because no college coach in their right mind wants this.

Beluchick or Pete.
I personally think Belichick doesn't want to deal with the college hassle, he isn't a chaser. And if Petey is amenable to "advisor" with Seattle, he will do it which is a cake job (also, Petey has the baggage).

Reactions: psu00

Beluchick or Pete.
lol it’s one of the top college jobs in the country. Almost every coach would be interested

I personally think Belichick doesn't want to deal with the college hassle, he isn't a chaser. And it Petey is amenable to "advisor" with Seattle, which is a cake job (also, Petey has the baggage).

Pete wants to coach again

I

I 100% agree with that. My point was Dabo related......and my only point is his new contract is a little over a year old, and he is one clause which makes only a leave to Alabama is feasible. He is an Alabama alumni/player, and a lot of people bankrolling like him, a lot! But, if I were the Alabama AD, I'd also bring in 4 to talk about their vision and how they will execute.

I get Dabo wanting the job I just don't think he's going to get the opportunity to say yes when its all said and done. It won't surprise me but if I'm betting Dabo or the field I'm betting on the field.

I personally think Belichick doesn't want to deal with the college hassle, he isn't a chaser. And if Petey is amenable to "advisor" with Seattle, he will do it which is a cake job (also, Petey has the baggage).
Could you image Bill needing to stroke the ego’s of 17 year old self proclaimed hot shots?

GTFO

Last edited:
I don't think any NFL guy goes to CFB in the current climate of having to recruit new players and your own roster every single day. no thanks.

Maybe Franklin needs another raise so his agent will float interest and have Penn State bid against themselves.

Agree, right there.
Lane will shake some things up at Bama which is what they may want to see..crazy as it is..but Georgia has moved past Bama ( yes I know Bama beat them in the SEC Championship game) and are the kings of the SEC right now..Georgia would have won the Natty if they we semi finalists..no doubt in my mind...

or Lane...

I agree. It looks like Dabo or Lane.

If Dabo goes, he’ll adapt to the portal quickly. He’s already started to crack somewhat on his position and he knows replacing Saban will be a bitch. He has the name and a prior championship to get the nod but any new coach at Bama has about 3 years tops to produce or they’re getting chucked overboard for the next new coach. Dabo knows this, (which is why his portal stance will change).

Lane brings a tactical football mind but there’s so much baggage with immaturity and other nonsense, (like making fake twitter accounts of opponents). His reputation is pretty poor in that aspect. That said, it would absolutely send the Tennessee folks in Knoxville into complete meltdown mode if he ended up at Bama beating them regularly. That alone may keep him on Bama’s list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT