ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Slade no longer on ODU roster

"Again, I’d advise you to litigate the case properly or move on with your life."

My friend, as someone with a few more years on this planet than you, and as someone who has had to wrestle with some things, let me say that this is the best advice you will ever get.
That's not said to discount anything you went through. It's said for your own well-being. Ask yourself who is being hurt by focusing your life on "how they did you dirty." The answer is solely, You. No one else is losing sleep over it. It's only you being hurt. You seem to be 'renting a large space' in your head to it, which is only going to hold you back in life. You need to evict it.
The past cannot be changed. For your own benefit and well-being, the question is how you make your life better tomorrow and the day after that. The first step is to stop focusing on something in your past, that cannot be changed.

dion gave it to you straight - you need to move your life forward - either properly litigate it, or find a way to let it go. My gut says the latter is a better option, regardless. Life is short and humbly, you've spent far too long being a victim, even if you were. The world doesn't care. I don't know the details of exactly what happened, and frankly, for the purpose of your own outcome, I don't care. Unless an attorney on contingency thinks you can get life-changing money, the only choice for your best outcome, is to let it go. It may seem difficult at this point, but remember that as bad as you think you have it, there are millions of people on this planet who have it far worse. I say this next part from a place of self-reflection, but please find a way to live your life from a place of gratitude. Instead of focusing on how you've been wronged, find a way to be thankful for what you DO have. If you can truly do that, the negative goes away. It won't be able to rent space in your head.

You may not be ready to hear this yet in your life, and if not, I hope one day you are.
It’s about accountability. You want me to move forward and not to worry about the past but you don’t know how much has altered things in my future. You fans are so biased you want to neglect facts I’m straight up telling you just because y’all don’t want to go through another scandal again. It’s sickening. You not telling me to move on for my benefit you just don’t want me to tell what’s true.

1. How am I not “a reliable source” if I’m the one that had the injury and I’m the one that had the surgeries?

2. I told you the specific details of my injury and how they were caused by trainers.

3. I told you that the trainers rebroke my knee cap after my patella surgery, then I told you there was MRSA in my knee for a whole year and they never told me about it. How is that not mistreatment?

4 And when I say that you don’t care about players what I mean is that when we go to speak out about our experiences we get chastised for speaking out about the wrong doings. That’s what I meant by that.
Ok, I’m sucked back in. I don’t find you unreliable, in the sense I think you’re being dishonest. Not reliable means I have nowhere near enough info to determine if medical malpractice occurred in your case. I’d need to examine your medical records in detail with a 3rd party expert, and confirm if your surgery and rehab was handled properly. There are many facts to consider and understand above and beyond your accounting of what happened to you.

Unfortunately, since you chose to represent yourself, the facts of this case were never presented. There was no discovery, depositions or chance for an impartial body to gather and make a decision. You could be eight or wrong, I don’t know. I believe your personal story, but you haven’t presented any facts proving medical malpractice or incompetence rather than you just getting an unfortunate medical outcome.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Ok, I’m sucked back in. I don’t find you unreliable, in the sense I think you’re being dishonest. Not reliable means I have nowhere near enough info to determine if medical malpractice occurred in your case. I’d need to examine your medical records in detail with a 3rd party expert, and confirm if your surgery and rehab was handled properly. There are many facts to consider and understand above and beyond your accounting of what happened to you.

Unfortunately, since you chose to represent yourself, the facts of this case were never presented. There was no discovery, depositions or chance for an impartial body to gather and make a decision. You could be eight or wrong, I don’t know. I believe your personal story, but you haven’t presented any facts proving medical malpractice or incompetence rather than you just getting an unfortunate medical outcome.
Whatever man

It’s about accountability. You want me to move forward and not to worry about the past but you don’t know how much has altered things in my future. You fans are so biased you want to neglect facts I’m straight up telling you just because y’all don’t want to go through another scandal again. It’s sickening. You not telling me to move on for my benefit you just don’t want me to tell what’s true.
Fact: You had an injury, and a set of unfortunate complications, that resulted in medical issues that forever altered your football career.

What you haven’t established: Did you receive proper medical treatment from the medical staff provided to you by PSU and it’s affiliated staff, and we’re they negligent in any way in your treatment and diagnosis. You simply have not proven this, and no matter how often you retell the same story, this fact doesn’t change. It would be ludicrous to expect to do this yourself. Medical malpractice claims go well beyond “I got surgery and it didn’t fix my issue”.

I’m honestly trying to help you understand the proper way to go about this. I also don’t consider this a scandal, but rather an unfortunate incident, where negligence on behalf of PSU has not been proven.

Fact: You had an injury, and a set of unfortunate complications, that resulted in medical issues that forever altered your football career.

What you haven’t established: Did you receive proper medical treatment from the medical staff provided to you by PSU and it’s affiliated staff, and we’re they negligent in any way in your treatment and diagnosis. You simply have not proven this, and no matter how often you retell the same story, this fact doesn’t change. It would be ludicrous to expect to do this yourself. Medical malpractice claims go well beyond “I got surgery and it didn’t fix my issue”.

I’m honestly trying to help you understand the proper way to go about this. I also don’t consider this a scandal, but rather an unfortunate incident, where negligence on behalf of PSU has not been proven.
Whatever man

Whatever man
First, how is your knee today? Do you have permanent issues? (I blew two.ligaments in high school, had surgery, and have had an almost full recovery but I understand somewhat the issues involved). Hope you are physically fine.

If your side of the story is accurate it is really bad and you deserve compensation and the bad actors either punished or received better training. But none of us know the real truth.

Others said you represented yourself which is not a wise choice in complicated medical malpractice lawsuits. As others said, they will have top attorneys expert in medmal litigation.

You also said it was tossed on a technicality. If so you could have gotten an attorney and refiled….unless you waited too long and the statutes of limitations expired. Probably too late now so it’s time to move on.

My guess is that you talked to a couple attorneys and were told you had a weak case. No other reason to try to represent yourself in a complicated medmal case. Even a top medmal attorney would never represent him/her self in such a case.

Seriously wish you well.

You have dug up a thread that is over 2 years old and felt it necessary to post this drivel? It is apparently a surprise to you, but not all medical outcomes are positive and not all dreams come true. What have you been doing to improve your life for the past 3 years?

This ^^^. He says he’s responding to people talking poorly about him and yet literally no one made a post in this thread since April 14, 2021, (around 2.5 years ago), until he resurrected it out of the blue this morning for some reason. (??)

I'm sorry you feel my motives are not genuine.
As I said, you may not be ready to hear this. I hope that one day you are.

For your own sake, please look deep down and realize that YOU are the one being held back in all this. Your life will begin to improve the day you realize that.

I say this with all the seriousness in the world - I wish you the best of luck, whether that involves a lawsuit against PSU and life changing money, or something more personal.🙏🙏

I'm sorry you feel my motives are not genuine.
As I said, you may not be ready to hear this. I hope that one day you are.

For your own sake, please look deep down and realize that YOU are the one being held back in all this. Your life will begin to improve the day you realize that.

I say this with all the seriousness in the world - I wish you the best of luck, whether that involves a lawsuit against PSU and life changing money, or something more personal.🙏🙏
I don’t know his situation or anything, but I similarly wish him the best. We all deal with really tough situations in life and hopefully he gets through his situation. I hope he got his degree so that he can write a next chapter in his life. We have such an amazing alumni base. Hopefully there is someone out there that can connect him to a good job.

Hopefully there is someone out there that can connect him to a good job.
I'm sure there would have been someone, but with the way he's acted I kind of think that ship has sailed. It's a shame he continues to dwell on the past when he could have/should have been focusing on the future.

I'm sure there would have been someone, but with the way he's acted I kind of think that ship has sailed. It's a shame he continues to dwell on the past when he could have/should have been focusing on the future.
Truly I hope he is ok. Jumping on this message board is a cry for help. I will pray for the young man.
Too bad he transferred out. If his health allowed (again, not sure of his claimed situation) he would have been the man in the covid year 2020 and 2021 if he stayed. I remember taking the bus from downtown back up to the stadium before the App St game back then and talking to a woman (40s or 50s in age) on that bus who claimed she knew him somehow (I don’t recall how.). She told he how she was eager to see how he would do, how he was so happy at PSU, and told me had a girlfriend. And then he had a few good carries in that game. Too bad it didn’t work out.

Reactions: psu00
Social media is great and terrible all at the same time. I for one, don’t need any more information. My high school and college age “issues” would make most of these guys look like choir boys.
Thankfully technology didn’t catch up until I slowed down.
same here. I'd be in prison at the very least!

A question for our message board Dr.'s....can MRSA live in your body for extended periods without causing some kind of permanent issues?

I've know a few people that got MRSA after an operation and it was a life or death situation for them to get rid of it. My question is this....can you have a "little" MRSA?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
A question for our message board Dr.'s....can MRSA live in your body for extended periods without causing some kind of permanent issues?

I've know a few people that got MRSA after an operation and it was a life or death situation for them to get rid of it. My question is this....can you have a "little" MRSA?
Not a Dr, but yes, you can have “latent” MRSA and have little to no symptoms and then pass it or have it flare up over and over.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Sad. I hope things work out as well. I know that the Browns and Cleveland Clinic had a nightmare with this several years ago. I haven't heard anything recently but I know a couple of players came close to losing limbs and one was in critical condition for a period of time.

• Haha
Reactions: JimNazium
This thread is so popular it is being talked about over on the 247 Sports Board!! Congrats everyone.

Sad. I hope things work out as well. I know that the Browns and Cleveland Clinic had a nightmare with this several years ago. I haven't heard anything recently but I know a couple of players came close to losing limbs and one was in critical condition for a period of time.
Do a search for NFL and MRSA and you will see a lot of cases and a lot of lawsuits. Steelers had tremendous LB about 20-25 years ago that got it and it ruined his career.

This thread is so popular it is being talked about over on the 247 Sports Board!! Congrats everyone.
Given what the subject player has said this week in the thread, I don't find it surprising at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it escapes the message board world and found its way to the media.

Given what the subject player has said this week in the thread, I don't find it surprising at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it escapes the message board world and found its way to the media.
Yep. I am sure the Jones boys are checking their phone contact list to see if the number is still there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT