ADVERTISEMENT

Rhane

willy1217

Oct 3, 2015
He is out of his element. Inability to game plan after two weeks? Franklin needs to have an honest assessment of this guy's ability at adjustments to what the defense is giving you. Trace plays best when the reigns are off but we continually get behind the sticks on 1st down calls. I was totally perplexed by the lack of deeper balls to loosen things up. This loss is on Rhane.

Reactions: PSUfiji
He is out of his element. Inability to game plan after two weeks? Franklin needs to have an honest assessment of this guy's ability at adjustments to what the defense is giving you. Trace plays best when the reigns are off but we continually get behind the sticks on 1st down calls. I was totally perplexed by the lack of deeper balls to loosen things up. This loss is on Rhane.
Sit Tompkins and Polk. Play Hippenhammer and Sullivan-Brown.

I can’t believe how bad a season Thompkins is having. He had a good season last year and big things were expected of him as a 5th year player this year. He’s not even starting and I don’t think he has 5 catches. So disappointing.

Play calling wasn't great yesterday, but Trace was just off....his accuracy was terrible. I don't recall any drops by the WR for a change, but Trace didn't give the guys a chance on plays he ususally hits.

The fade in the EZ to Johnson wasn't even catchable way out of bounds

The third down pass to Friermouth(SP?) when he was wide open and he just missed it way over his head.

Plus, I thought a lot of his reads were of on when to keep the ball, what lane to run in and when to give it to Sanders. It seemed on several occasions Trace would run into the pile instead of making the correct cut.

Story of the day...sometimes you just don't have it.

I thought Rhane found Joe's playbook in the booth the way we were going up the middle so often. Rhane is definitely not getting it done. He has the talent and Moorehead knew how to use it. Rhane's play calling is definitely a problem.

Play calling wasn't great yesterday, but Trace was just off....his accuracy was terrible. I don't recall any drops by the WR for a change, but Trace didn't give the guys a chance on plays he ususally hits.

The third down pass to Friermouth(SP?) when he was wide open and he just missed it way over his head.

Plus, I thought a lot of his reads were of on when to keep the ball, what lane to run in and when to give it to Sanders. It seemed on several occasions Trace would run into the pile instead of making the correct cut.

He was not sharp at all yesterday. There was also the odd fumble on PSU's first drive where he again was almost over the LOS when he threw it. He also went out of bounds on the final 3rd down - probably a case of his competitive drive overshadowing his judgement. You're right. It was not his day. Always a great competitor though.

Reactions: grinagrin
The last wheel route to a running back went to Barkley about 12 months ago.

We ran it against Ohio state. Was open. Trace missed sanders (which imo has been the story of this season... The QB is struggling)

It seems he could have connected a couple time if he just threw to the receivers "back shoulder", and let the receiver adjust....

I have to wonder if Rahne is expanding the playbook at all. Starting to feel "predictable".

Learn to spell his name correctly and perhaps someone MIGHT take you seriously. But I bet you are a big fan....BIG fan....

True indeed. If Trace has a half decent game, we win easily. Love his play in general, but yesterday he left his game in the locker room. It happens to the best.

He was not sharp at all yesterday. There was also the odd fumble on PSU's first drive where he again was almost over the LOS when he threw it. He also went out of bounds on the final 3rd down - probably a case of his competitive drive overshadowing his judgement. You're right. It was not his day. Always a great competitor though.
The Oline needs to give him some time and passing lanes! The Oline couldn't open holes for our running game either. It was ALL Sanders making yards on his own! Limegrover is the weak link and I agree that Rahne learned Mooreheads offense but his play calling is poor and he has trouble making adjustments to the halftime Defense adjustments by the other team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT