Primer on FBI/DOJ Criminality and Why They Get Away With This

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
My son was asking me why the FBI and DOJ could get away with anything and here is my explanation. 1. All cops/law enforcement people lie and commit and suborn perjury. That means if one cop (FBI Agent/DOJ) sticks his head out and calls out others for corruption, someone will go through the whistleblower's background and find something to prosecute him on. For instance, the cop in the OJ Simpson trial obviously committed perjury by denying he had never used the N-word. Never prosecuted -- undoubtedly because he had the goods on many other cops. 2. FBI interviews (302s) are not recorded. Thus, where convenient, it is easy for the agents to lie about what is being said. (My theory as to why this persists is that defense lawyers feel the results of recorded interviews in the big picture over time would be worse for their clients and don't object) 3. Prosecutors/FBI agents put witnesses on the stand who they know are lying. (One form of subornation of perjury) Partly understandable because the criminals that are witnesses to the activities of other criminals most times could care less about being honest. On the other hand, knowingly providing perjured testimony is a crime.

An example of FBI/DOJ criminality going unpunished is Russiagate. Carter Page was an unpaid volunteer on an informal committee for Trump and he was picked off the streets to be the predicate for 2800 subpoenas. A moderately competent and honest agent or lawyer could have wrapped this up in 2 weeks with no FISA. Instead the FBI & DOJ committed fraud on the court and the country and no one has substantially paid for these crimes. That being the case, why should anyone in the FBI or DOJ worry about committing crimes to harass Trump.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
My son was asking me why the FBI and DOJ could get away with anything and here is my explanation. 1. All cops/law enforcement people lie and commit and suborn perjury. That means if one cop (FBI Agent/DOJ) sticks his head out and calls out others for corruption, someone will go through the whistleblower's background and find something to prosecute him on. For instance, the cop in the OJ Simpson trial obviously committed perjury by denying he had never used the N-word. Never prosecuted -- undoubtedly because he had the goods on many other cops. 2. FBI interviews (302s) are not recorded. Thus, where convenient, it is easy for the agents to lie about what is being said. (My theory as to why this persists is that defense lawyers feel the results of recorded interviews in the big picture over time would be worse for their clients and don't object) 3. Prosecutors/FBI agents put witnesses on the stand who they know are lying. (One form of subornation of perjury) Partly understandable because the criminals that are witnesses to the activities of other criminals most times could care less about being honest. On the other hand, knowingly providing perjured testimony is a crime.

An example of FBI/DOJ criminality going unpunished is Russiagate. Carter Page was an unpaid volunteer on an informal committee for Trump and he was picked off the streets to be the predicate for 2800 subpoenas. A moderately competent and honest agent or lawyer could have wrapped this up in 2 weeks with no FISA. Instead the FBI & DOJ committed fraud on the court and the country and no one has substantially paid for these crimes. That being the case, why should anyone in the FBI or DOJ worry about committing crimes to harass Trump.
All sounds like pretty reasonable explanations. The whole system is dirty and almost everyone in it is more concerned with their career than they are with justice, honesty, fairness, and righteousness.