ADVERTISEMENT

Restore Paterno Statue (letter to CDT)

Sadly true. In the eyes of 80% of the general public, Joe enabled Sandusky. Nothing will change that.

Agree. The BOT allowed the media to set this narrative. And for 80% of the public this is what's set in their minds. You can't blame the public. We are the exact same way on issues that do not directly effect us. Think about how in depth you got into reading every morsel of info and every court doc and every testimony on the Baylor, MSU, OSU cases... if you are like me (and 80% of others) you probably scanned the stories and allowed the media to drive your thoughts.

Once people have their minds set on a subject or a person, it's very hard to change their perspective.

Said the guy who thinks Jerry is innocent.

I believe you need to look at reality - The Jerry is innocent mantra that you try to sell is not an issue.

This REAL issue is this - did Penn State Football "cover-up" anything it knew about Sandusky's actions in 2001? Was there a "conspiracy of silence" by Paterno and C/S/S in what Mike reported in 2000 - or was the linkage of Sandusky's "shower incident" embellished for political reasons and at the expense of Legal justice in the State of PA? Did the State of PA break the law in creating its "Public Story" of "...rape of a 10 year old in PSU showers...". and did the state distort the courts in how all of the PSU-targeted trials were conducted? The answer is the only crimes committed as Penn Sate Crimes were those in which Penn State people (and the Total School) was a "victim".

In 2019 - it is impossible to support what was constructed in 2011 as a public story which became the "Penn State Sex Scandal".

The reality is this.......It is 100% sure that crimes were committed by the OAG and the State of PA AGAINST those PSU people it targeted with lawsuits - it is more than 99% sure that Sandusky's trial ALSO was distorted by an engineered and collusive "story" constructed based on with-held and KNOWINGLY HIDDEN KEY evidence---- "known but to God...".

This evidence which was withheld, hidden or distorted to the public served as the means to cover-up the fact that the State's LEGAL CASE against Sandusky was weak - most likely unprovable if on a level legal playing field!!!

SANDUSKY Not Guilty (Look out - here comes the TROLLS.....)???? A fiction you say??? Remember, innocent and Not Guilty are two different things. Sandusky is in jail because anything that refuted the "Story" that the State created for the public was HIDDEN until after his trial. We as the public had no way of validating anything the state kept hidden by the power of the 'Grand Jury". The only witnesses that could cause a jury to question what happened in 2001 were either kept silent by bogus charges or were DEAD!!!

RESULT - a speculation-based construction of circumstances and implications based on what COULD happen in those situations allowed the State to obtain its desired result - A "conviction" - IN SPITE OF KNOWN PERJURY, Known application of laws outside of the SOL, known and documented attempts by the state to influence (and KNOWINGLY distort) witness testimony - just a few of the criminally illegal actions taken by the court in these trials ----- courtrooms run EXCLUSIVELY by retired judges!!!

So....as you - the Troll Community - continue to promote the CRIMES OF THE STATE to cover-up for "protected people and agencies", quit with the core element of your argument - you need to prove JERRY IS INNOCENT - an impossible task after 10+ years.

Fact is that you will never prove Sandusky INNOCENT -and you don't NEED TO in a court of law - you only need to be legally NOT GUILTY! Penn State is the real victim here as SOLID FACTS support the assertion no crime was reported and no laws could be broken - that the only REAL crimes that were commited were against those "targets" at PSU.

Start by changing the address of Beaver Stadium from "1 Beaver Stadium, Univ Park PA" to "409 Beaver Stadium, Univ Park, PA". Then make the biggest f^cking illuminated sign "409 Beaver Stadium" and place it at the top of the North and South end zones.

409 Paterno way is a better address.

To be honest, I don't give a damn about the statue and whether we ever see it again. It was a poor representation of Joe signaling we're number 1. On the other hand, I do really care about Joe's reputation being restored and the false narrative being corrected. Unfortunately, to date, all significant actions which were supposed to make a difference have failed:

• The Paterno report on Pilar of the Community pedophiles
  • The defeat of Corbutt in the election
  • Defeat of the 2011 Alumni trustees and the election of those we foolishly thought were going to try to restore Penn State and Joe's reputation
  • The refusal of many alumni to continue to contribute to Penn State until they do right by Joe
  • The testimony in the trials of Sandusky, Spanier, Shultz, and Curley
  • The "leak" of the alumni trustee review of the Freeh report
  • The public statements and actions of Anthony Lubrano (the only alumni trustee who has been willing to publicly do anything - thank you for trying Anthony)
My question at this point is what can we all collectively do to make a true difference, correct the false narrative, and restore Penn State and Joe's reputation? I must admit, other than dreaming that something will happen at the potential Spanier vs. Freeh defamation trial, I’m not sure what if anything can move the needle while the current BOT is in power.

Reactions: Bob78
No, but to a lot of people the whole story is no longer relevant.

It's not 2012 anymore. I doubt that you can find a huge number people who even remember it.

Sorry but that is a really ignorant comment by you. You act like people are forgetting something from 1952. Tons of people have not forgotten anything. 7 years is not very long at all. The narrative will be the same for quite some time with non-Penn Staters being split with their opinion. They either think Penn State was done wrong or they feel Penn State should have received the death penalty.

Wick Sollers didn’t really produce much, did he? I’d kind of forgotten about him.

The only thing osprey can look at from his point of view is his prostate.
I believe you need to look at reality - The Jerry is innocent mantra that you try to sell is not an issue.

This REAL issue is this - did Penn State Football "cover-up" anything it knew about Sandusky's actions in 2001? Was there a "conspiracy of silence" by Paterno and C/S/S in what Mike reported in 2000 - or was the linkage of Sandusky's "shower incident" embellished for political reasons and at the expense of Legal justice in the State of PA? Did the State of PA break the law in creating its "Public Story" of "...rape of a 10 year old in PSU showers...". and did the state distort the courts in how all of the PSU-targeted trials were conducted? The answer is the only crimes committed as Penn Sate Crimes were those in which Penn State people (and the Total School) was a "victim".

In 2019 - it is impossible to support what was constructed in 2011 as a public story which became the "Penn State Sex Scandal".

The reality is this.......It is 100% sure that crimes were committed by the OAG and the State of PA AGAINST those PSU people it targeted with lawsuits - it is more than 99% sure that Sandusky's trial ALSO was distorted by an engineered and collusive "story" constructed based on with-held and KNOWINGLY HIDDEN KEY evidence---- "known but to God...".

This evidence which was withheld, hidden or distorted to the public served as the means to cover-up the fact that the State's LEGAL CASE against Sandusky was weak - most likely unprovable if on a level legal playing field!!!

SANDUSKY Not Guilty (Look out - here comes the TROLLS.....)???? A fiction you say??? Remember, innocent and Not Guilty are two different things. Sandusky is in jail because anything that refuted the "Story" that the State created for the public was HIDDEN until after his trial. We as the public had no way of validating anything the state kept hidden by the power of the 'Grand Jury". The only witnesses that could cause a jury to question what happened in 2001 were either kept silent by bogus charges or were DEAD!!!

RESULT - a speculation-based construction of circumstances and implications based on what COULD happen in those situations allowed the State to obtain its desired result - A "conviction" - IN SPITE OF KNOWN PERJURY, Known application of laws outside of the SOL, known and documented attempts by the state to influence (and KNOWINGLY distort) witness testimony - just a few of the criminally illegal actions taken by the court in these trials ----- courtrooms run EXCLUSIVELY by retired judges!!!

So....as you - the Troll Community - continue to promote the CRIMES OF THE STATE to cover-up for "protected people and agencies", quit with the core element of your argument - you need to prove JERRY IS INNOCENT - an impossible task after 10+ years.

Fact is that you will never prove Sandusky INNOCENT -and you don't NEED TO in a court of law - you only need to be legally NOT GUILTY! Penn State is the real victim here as SOLID FACTS support the assertion no crime was reported and no laws could be broken - that the only REAL crimes that were commited were against those "targets" at PSU.

Wick Sollers didn’t really produce much, did he? I’d kind of forgotten about him.

He produced a much bigger bank account for himself collecting on all those billable hours he charged to the Paterno family.

No, but to a lot of people the whole story is no longer relevant.

It's not 2012 anymore. I doubt that you can find a huge number people who even remember it.

I'm sorry but totally dis-agree with your premise that this whole story is forgotten and is no longer relevant.

If you think 2011/2012, the sanctions and Sandusky have been forgotten and totally washed away with time ..... Then just imagine for one moment Penn State making the 4-team playoff.... now imagine the pre-game talk show building up to that Penn State game .... I would guarantee that we'd see a good 20-30 minutes of video, expose, narrative and reflection on where Penn State was back in 2011-12. In a way, I almost dread the idea of Penn State making the 4-team playoff or even the National Title Game because I know it will come with a few weeks of stories about Sandusky, and the whole "scandal".............. It sure will not be "forgotten" and "irrelevant" to the media.

With the amount of bold lettering, underlining and
all caps in your message, you must be a conspiracy theory expert. Was there a second shooter in Dallas?

So, I decided to send an email to president@psu.edu

My Question:
I am a class of 1985 alumnus.

I have a question. Why hasn’t the Paterno Statue been placed back near or inside Beaver Stadium?

A great many alums and current students certainly wish for the statue to be relocated back to it’s rightful place near the stadium.

The response
Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx:

As Vice President for Administration and Secretary of the Board of Trustees I help President Barron and the Board respond to emails and important issues.

Thank you for your interest. There are no plans at this time with respect to the statue.

Sincerely,

Frank Guadagnino

Frank T. Guadagnino

Vice President for Administration

Secretary of the Board of Trustees

My Question:

I have a question. Why hasn’t the Paterno Statue been placed back near or inside Beaver Stadium?

A great many alums and current students certainly wish for the statue to be relocated back to it’s rightful place near the stadium.

The response
Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx:

As Vice President for Administration and Secretary of the Board of Trustees I help President Barron and the Board respond to emails and important issues.

Thank you for your interest. There are no plans at this time with respect to the statue.

Sincerely,

Frank Guadagnino

Frank T. Guadagnino

That's great, but you asked WHY.

My Question:

The response
Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx:

Sincerely,

Frank Guadagnino

Frank T. Guadagnino

> I believe the line of questioning is on "automatic buffer" from the admin. I believe every time they see "Paterno" and "statue" they hit the automatic response about "at this time there are no plans......".

I think the better question might be to ask if there are any plans for the school to recognize Joe Paterno more than just a 2-second clip of rolled up pants during the pre-game video??

During pre-game there is a 'rah-rah' video about Penn State football. You can not blink, and you have to watch very closely, but there is about a 2-second clip in the video capturing Paterno. Usually the crowd erupts. But the 2 seconds are over quick enough for the cheering to become meaningless because the video is on to other images.

I think 'baby steps'. I think the first thing that needs to be pushed from the Admin is that Paterno gets recognized for more than 2-seconds inside OUR own stadium. Beaver Stadium is OUR house. We should be able to say what we want, show what we want ... in OUR stadium without fear of someone from the media rushing to their keyboard to write a judgmental piece on us.... Bottom line, THIS is what the Admin is still so freaking scared of. They are totally mortified that some twit from CBS Sports, or SI or ESPN or Yahoo Sports, will write some "Penn State still does not get it..." piece. I say "F Them". It's time they stop operating scared. They do not have to do a 30-minute tribute before every game. But they should be able to recognize him for more than 2-seconds.

You and I have butted heads ad nauseam over the issue of Sandusky’s innocence, but I hope we could both agree that Wick Sollers and the Paterno family made a mistake by not questioning McQueary’s testimony when they produced the Paterno report.

Why exactly do you think “Nothing will change that”?
Because if you are fed a certain narrative about an event that doesn't affect you directly, the further you are removed from that event, the less likely you are to change your opinion. Some bombshell revelation could change the narrative, but if there were something out there I think it would have surfaced by now. Penn State alums and fans parroting the same mantra over and over changes nothing. Do I belive Joe was culpable? No. Have I tried to convince others? Yes. Have I changed even one mind? No. That said, I am headed for the neighbors pool.

I'm sorry but totally dis-agree with your premise that this whole story is forgotten and is no longer relevant.

If you think 2011/2012, the sanctions and Sandusky have been forgotten and totally washed away with time ..... Then just imagine for one moment Penn State making the 4-team playoff.... now imagine the pre-game talk show building up to that Penn State game .... I would guarantee that we'd see a good 20-30 minutes of video, expose, narrative and reflection on where Penn State was back in 2011-12. In a way, I almost dread the idea of Penn State making the 4-team playoff or even the National Title Game because I know it will come with a few weeks of stories about Sandusky, and the whole "scandal".............. It sure will not be "forgotten" and "irrelevant" to the media.

Don’t you miss beth mowins, during every f*cking Penn State game, detailing the sanctions with a supporting graphic listing them? Good times.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Because if you are fed a certain narrative about an event that doesn't affect you directly, the further you are removed from that event, the less likely you are to change your opinion. Some bombshell revelation could change the narrative, but if there were something out there I think it would have surfaced by now. Penn State alums and fans parroting the same mantra over and over changes nothing. Do I belive Joe was culpable? No. Have I tried to convince others? Yes. Have I changed even one mind? No. That said, I am headed for the neighbors pool.

Here’s a Centre Daily Times newspaper clipping from April 2011. This was a letter to the editor that was published just after the paper published an article stating that Jerry Sandusky was under investigation (this was still 7 months before the arrrest). The author, a Marine Corps sergeant, vehemently defended Jerry Sandusky and stated the accusations against him must be false.

http://www.framingpaterno.com/sites/default/files/allanmyerslettertoeditor.pdf

That Marine just happened to be the very boy whom Mike McQueary spotted in a shower with Sandusky. I don’t think there could be a bigger bombshell revelation.

LOL - go make a "pro Paterno" post on any college football message board (other than this one) and see how many people have forgot about the "story". A lot of hatred out there against Joe and those minds will NEVER be changed.

People who post on college football message boards are a fringe minority of the population as a whole. The vast majority of people are not invested enough to hate. They will believe what the press tells them to believe. Avid CFB fans are also so rabid that they couldn't see that they were siding with people they should naturally distrust. As die hard fans, they should be smart enough to recognize that the fall of Joe Paterno was bad for the game across the board because Joe represented so much more than just the numbers.

If the narrative was to be rewritten by PSU...and it can be without suggesting Jerry is innocent, the media would then be free to rewrite this story. Hell, Louis Freeh even admitted the conclusions in the Freeh report were his opinions! I strongly believe the evidence in the Freeh Report could easily be interpreted as exonerating Joe and C/S/S. PSU simply needs to repudiate the Freeh Report.

The question that needs answered, and the one that's actually worthy of a Pulitzer, is what is holding PSU back?

Of course, the other question is what is holding the media back?

With the amount of bold lettering, underlining and
all caps in your message, you must be a conspiracy theory expert. Was there a second shooter in Dallas?
Standard TROLL "Personal attack - No Answer"!! Reason..... is there is no way to refute the truth.!!!
Let's face it - you can't dispute reality - that reality is that this has NEVER been about anyone at PSU - it has always been about Criminal State officials engineering a "story" of crime for its own reasons and profit.

Standard TROLL "Personal attack - No Answer"!! Reason..... is there is no way to refute the truth.!!!
Let's face it - you can't dispute reality - that reality is that this has NEVER been about anyone at PSU - it has always been about Criminal State officials engineering a "story" of crime for its own reasons and profit.

Reality is that Jerry was found guilty by a jury of his peers and that decision was upheld by higher courts. You wouldn't know reality if it bit you in the butt.

You and I have butted heads ad nauseam over the issue of Sandusky’s innocence, but I hope we could both agree that Wick Sollers and the Paterno family made a mistake by not questioning McQueary’s testimony when they produced the Paterno report.

Absolutely. I would say that with the benefit of hindsight, the Paternos wasted their money on Sollers. Didn’t seem to get anything out of it.

Here’s a Centre Daily Times newspaper clipping from April 2011. This was a letter to the editor that was published just after the paper published an article stating that Jerry Sandusky was under investigation (this was still 7 months before the arrrest). The author, a Marine Corps sergeant, vehemently defended Jerry Sandusky and stated the accusations against him must be false.

That Marine just happened to be the very boy whom Mike McQueary spotted in a shower with Sandusky. I don’t think there could be a bigger bombshell revelation.

Amazing that gets no traction. Then again, none of the facts that shoot down the false narrative do.

OMG, with

Alright, I'll play your stupid game.

1 The letter there didn't say he was the boy in the shower.

2 Can you prove that Allan wrote that letter? Seriously? Jerry could have written it. Or any random person. Check the due diligence where it was published. (Are you saying CDT even bothered to check the postmark?)

OMG, with

2 Can you prove that Allan wrote that letter? Seriously? Jerry could have written it. Or any random person. Check the due diligence where it was published. (Are you saying CDT even bothered to check the postmark?)

So you believe people when you want to, and you don't believe them when it's convenient for you?

You really don't want to go down the 'due diligence' path. Before he answers, how about you prove that Victim #1 wrote the testimony that he read to the third grand jury, because the first two grand juries did not think his testimony was strong enough to make a case for arrest. Once you prove that, there is plenty more you can try and prove... starting with the statements of the 70s accusers.

OMG, with

1. How could he acknowledge he was the boy in the shower when that potential charge was not even public at the time! Anyway, Penn State paid him as the boy in the shower, so if your one of those “Myers is not the real boy” conspiracy theorists, you have to acknowledge PSU paid fake victims. Besides, Allan confirmed he was the boy in the shower in his statement to Joe Amendola after Sandusky’s arrest.

2. I acknowledge that Allan had some help writing the letter. Allan was not an educated man and appeared to be a very poor writer. So Gary Gray drafted it and Allan signed it. But I’m not sure how that makes any difference who drafted the letter. Either way, it proves Allan was passionate about Sandusky’s innocence.

You are the one engaging in crackpot theories by claiming Jerry wrote the letter and forged Allan’s name on it. If that is the case, why didn’t Allan press charges against Jerry for forgery?

Reality is that Jerry was found guilty by a jury of his peers and that decision was upheld by higher courts. You wouldn't know reality if it bit you in the butt.
That you call the Sandusky trial even LEGAL shows what you really are! I will just focus on the obstruction of Justice angle by the OAG - they withheld key information, manufactured testimony by distortion of witnesses, they PERMITTED & ENCOURAGED PERJURY. Is this even remotely a Jury Trial in the USA??? Maybe in some 3rd world dictatorship - NOT here!.

What is most amazing is you NEVER dispute the facts another poster provides - you only restate the OAG line (which has been factually exposed as a fraud) and/or attack the poster who points out the "abnormalities" of "justice" Goes to show you KNOW you are 100% wrong and that you fully support the crimes that were an integral part of the PSU witch hunt.

You TROLLS are all alike!! Like the statements you make about being found "...guilty by a jury of his peers....". when you KNOW that most (if not all) of the key evidence presented as fact by the OAG was just manufactured deceptions.

As I first stated - SANDUSKY's INNOCENCE (and Trial) is not an issue. The proof of the crimes committed over a 7+ year period is in the consistency of "abnormalities" in the State's legal processes.

Why have PSU involved at all? We KNOW by sworn testimony AND statements via eMail that MM's testimony of "Rape" was a fiction. How do you support any accusations against PSU when the key witness was proven to be LYING by testimony of 5+ other people who discussed MM's shower incident and found NOTHING LIKE WHAT the OAG reported as "testimony".??? THERE IS NO CASE without MM's coerced and mis-stated testimony of the 2000 (2001) event!! In a just court environment - why would the courts continue with legal actions against C/S/S if there was not something they needed to hide about all of this???

In actuality, Sandusky's conviction was based on an ENGINEERED "story" only - Facts need not apply....Now Ohio Sate and Michigan State (and others) - there's real hard evidence that supports that there was a KNOWN lack of Institutional controls & Cover-up! Where's the outrage over these crimes???

Keep promoting the REAL CRIMES committed AGAINST PSU - your statements concerning anything else is just TROLL BS!

Last edited:
Reactions: indynittany
1. How could he acknowledge he was the boy in the shower when that potential charge was not even public at the time! Anyway, Penn State paid him as the boy in the shower, so if your one of those “Myers is not the real boy” conspiracy theorists, you have to acknowledge PSU paid fake victims. Besides, Allan confirmed he was the boy in the shower in his statement to Joe Amendola after Sandusky’s arrest.

2. I acknowledge that Allan had some help writing the letter. Allan was not an educated man and appeared to be a very poor writer. So Gary Gray drafted it and Allan signed it. But I’m not sure how that makes any difference who drafted the letter. Either way, it proves Allan was passionate about Sandusky’s innocence.

You are the one engaging in crackpot theories by claiming Jerry wrote the letter and forged Allan’s name on it. If that is the case, why didn’t Allan press charges against Jerry for forgery?
Amendola screwed up, but it was his buddy Rominger who was the real fluke.
Joe Amendola and Karl Rominger, the attorneys for Jerry Sandusky, faced a virtually insurmountable task in preparing for the trial, which Judge John Cleland was clearly intent on holding as soon as possible.Cleland was perhaps sensitive to media criticism questioning why it had taken three years from the time Aaron Fisher, “Victim 1,” first made allegations, to the time of Sandusky’s arrest.[1]The reason: it took those three years for the prosecutors to grow memories, find other alleged victims, and convince the Grand Jury and Office of the Attorney General that there was sufficient evidence to recommend an indictment, but in the hysteria over the case, no one acknowledged that reality.[2] Then, in response to Amendola’s increasingly anguished complaints that he had not even received the transcripts of the Grand Jury testimony, Cleland delayed the trial by a mere three weeks, until June 5.[3] Astonishingly, Pennsylvania law specified that prosecutors didn’t have to hand over testimony given during secret grand jury proceedings until each witness testified at trial.[4] The Grand Jury had essentially amounted to a kangaroo court. Not only was Amendola not allowed to cross-examine witnesses there, he was not even allowed to be present. Judge Barry Feudale, presiding judge of the 30th grand juries, ruled that the Sandusky defense team could have access to the grand jury transcripts only ten days before the first witness was scheduled to testify.Amendola and Rominger had to speed-read through the thousands of pages of discovery material that they did get. For a while, they couldn’t even get the prosecution to give them the names and birthdates of the alleged victims, along with the exact dates on which they were supposed to have been abused by Sandusky. Amendola also wanted the names of anyone who had come forward to claim abuse but who "did not fit the commonwealth's profile and/or the report was deemed to be false,” but that was not forthcoming, either. Neither was information on whatever the prosecution had discovered on Sandusky’s computer, probably because they had found nothing incriminating whatsoever – no child pornography, which was surprising if Sandusky was the compulsive pedophile he was supposed to be.·[5]“We’re really being pushed to kind of decipher this stuff,” Amendola said in February 2012 about the reams of material. “We’ll be prepared to try the case whenever the judge says, but we’re playing a lot of catch-up right now.”[6]Amendola kept complaining.He threatened to file a motion to dismiss the case, since it was very difficult to prepare a defense without exact times and dates of alleged offenses.“All we are asking is [for prosecutors] to go back to these accusers and say, ‘You went to football games — which ones?’ Give us at least something that we could check,” Amendola begged.Prosecuting attorney Joe McGettigan responded that “many of the alleged victims were abused several times a week, or month,” so it wasn’t possible to pin down a particular time.Besides, “They didn’t want to remember what happened and were even encouraged by Sandusky to forget,” he said.Here was another red flag that the alleged victims may have been in therapy searching for repressed memories, but no one picked up on it. When the prosecutors said they wouldn’t provide the information, Judge Cleland commented, "I think the answer is they can't."
He thus declared that it was “futile” to demand such details.According to reporter Sara Ganim, “the state Attorney General's Office countered that Sandusky is accused of abusing boys who are now men, who were pressured into forgetting what happened and many times abused weekly for many years.”[7]Despite Amendola’s strenuous objections and repeated requests for a continuance, Cleland denied the requests and stuck to his promised June 5 trial date, which would take place in Centre County, where State College and Penn State were located.Incredibly, Jerry Sandusky had instructed Amendola to oppose a change in venue, assuming that his local reputation would benefit him.[8]Instead, the last place on earth that he was likely to get a fair trial was in Penn State territory, where the case had received a huge amount of horrendous publicity, and Penn State fans were bitter and angry at the impact on Coach Paterno and their beloved institution.

OMG, with

can you prove that they.. (he) didn't (wasn't)....we can all play your bullshit games....
next thing you're gonna try and tell us that MM was so upset with what he heard.....that he met with Joe the next day....LOL
Dr. Dranov was pretty concerned, he contacted the authorities.....or did he?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT