ADVERTISEMENT

Reports say B10 to have conference schedule only in fall

I just got the email from sandy confirming this to be true.

Will PSU now have to pay for breaking contracts with Kent St, San Jose St, and Virginia Tech?

If there isn’t some natural disaster/ act of God clause in the contracts will the big ten be covering the costs or do they expect the MAC type schools (who depend heavily on these games to pay their athletic department expenses) to just forgive this move?

If there isn’t some natural disaster/ act of God clause in the contracts will the big ten be covering the costs or do they expect the MAC type schools (who depend heavily on these games to pay their athletic department expenses) to just forgive this move?[/QUOTE]
Don't worry Sandy can hire the attorney soliciting on here to help students get out of their apartment rental contracts using the force majeure clause .

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
With the BIG going to 10 conference games, I would be all for each team playing the other 5 teams in the division twice in a home and home series for this season.

It's not going to happen, but I don't think the season will happen now, either. Unless the NBA, NHL and MLB COVID experiences during the next month or so turn out to be OK. We may still get the NFL, but I don't expect our society's fear mongers to allow college sports to happen. Hopefully this will cause the college tuition bubble to burst at least.

Hopefully this will cause the college tuition bubble to burst at least.
Now that’s the funniest thing I’ve read in weeks. Seriously, I hope you’re right, but pigs would rather eat each then go on a diet.

What if all the conferences decide to play conference only? That would mean Notre Dame (and any other independents) would have no one to play!
Twitter----ACC commissioner John Swofford has said that if league adopts an all-conference football schedule for 2020, Notre Dame likely will be in mix. Irish already have six ACC opponents on docket.
3:58 PM · Jul 9, 2020

They are not going to miss out on the cash bag that ND brings.

Last edited:
Won't have to pay VT.

VT and the ACC could say their hand was forced to go this route after the Big Ten unilaterally announced this so late in the summer leaving 5 ACC teams with sudden holes in their schedules. (I’m sure some Tobacco Road lawyer would love to give it a try. ;)).

So, who thinks VT will still make the road trip to Happy Valley or will they force PSU to make up the away game to do it?

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
So, who thinks VT will still make the road trip to Happy Valley or will they force PSU to make up the away game to do it?

the road trip to Happy Valley is not until 2025. I'm sure they will work together to get a Blacksburg game back on the schedule.

ACC commissioner John Swofford has said that if league adopts an all-conference football schedule for 2020, Notre Dame likely will be in mix. Irish already have six ACC opponents on docket.

If Notre Dame is in the mix then every week there would be an ACC team without an opponent unless they schedule outside the conference. Maybe another ACC school opt out of the season to bring it back to 14.

Look, I know I’m stupid, but here’s what I don’t get. In my area, girls are playing little league softball. Girls can play little league softball, but we (likely) can’t have college football? There’s still travel in little league softball. A kid could puke on another kid sliding into second base. Catchers are going to be touching spitballs.

Maybe these girls live in nursing homes and are expendable?

Reactions: glidresquirrel
ACC commissioner John Swofford has said that if league adopts an all-conference football schedule for 2020, Notre Dame likely will be in mix. Irish already have six ACC opponents on docket.

My buddy @IrishHerb just pointed out to me that Florida State is scheduled to visit Syracuse and was speculating on the NY quarantine requirements for visitors from Florida.

Reactions: LionJim
So do we just play conference schedule as is or are they gonna reshuffle and add conference games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT