ADVERTISEMENT

Headline: "Michigan gets controversial interception after Big Ten officials fail to review call."

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
Here is a LINK to the article. What they don't tell you in the article is Maryland just took the lead 13-10, had stopped scUM on 4 plays and was driving when the play occurred. The play happened on a 1st Down play in scUM territory (41 yard line) - wasn't even reviewed despite the ball clearly going through Turner's hands and hitting the ground as FS's rules expert, Mike Periera, clearly identifies. No review - go figure!

Here is a LINK to the article. What they don't tell you in the article is Maryland just took the lead 13-10, had stopped scUM on 4 plays and was driving when the play occurred. The play happened on a 1st Down play in scUM territory (41 yard line) - wasn't even reviewed despite the ball clearly going through Turner's hands and hitting the ground as FS's rules expert, Mike Periera, clearly identifies. No review - go figure!
I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Every play is reviewed. 😀

Reactions: bison13
Question: couldn’t Maryland challenge it? Isn’t that still a thing in college football? Not that it excuses the replay booth not calling down on their own.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
It’s unfortunate, but this will happen from now until the end of time. There are darling schools in every conference, and every conference protects them. We will never be that in this conference. It is what it is.
There is a difference. Other conferences let the best shake out for a few weeks and then protects the highest ranked from an upset. The big 10 protects Ohio St and Michigan regardless of ranking. This was occurring for Michigan when when they were constantly finishing 3rd in our division.

Hummm, dropped int again . Interesting . I recall one that might have saved OSU in 2014.

Anybody else watch the end of the scUM - Maryland game? If so, did you see the absurd holding that was allowed on Corum's last TD? He scored untouched on sweep left from 60 yards out - the MD Defensive End has outside position but cannot move outside despite clearly trying to because he is being held by the jersey inside preventing him from moving outside - no flag. The DE is finally let go once Corum is 5 yards down the sideline and the DE stumbles straight backwards and turning at the same time. It's just absurd that the DE was permitted to be held in this fashion - it is beyond obvious.... there is nobody outside him ""seal blocking" him (he has complete outside position) but he is being held in place and prevented from moving outside the entire time Corum is sweeping left and is not permitted to move outside until Corum is 5 yards down the sideline. It's just absurd that no flag was thrown but fairly typical of how scUM games are Referined.

Maybe they lost the feed.

I'm old enough to remember OSU kicking a long FG 3 seconds after the play clock expired. The refs said they couldn't review it because they lost the feed and they weren't allowed to review it on the scoreboard.

IIRC OSU also had a controversial INT in that game that wasn't reviewed.

Kind of like the OSU “catch” against us in 2014/15( the year they won the national title) at the White Out, and won in OT —The ball bounced off the grass 2 feet before the receiver trapped the ball for a “catch”. The review equipment allegedly wasn’t working at that time. —Also recall that time ran out on a play (clock at zero) for at least 3-4 seconds with no delay of game penalty, allowing an OSU field goal.
—just more Big Ten awesomeness

Maybe they lost the feed.

I'm old enough to remember OSU kicking a long FG 3 seconds after the play clock expired. The refs said they couldn't review it because they lost the feed and they weren't allowed to review it on the scoreboard.

IIRC OSU also had a controversial INT in that game that wasn't reviewed.
"Equipment malfunction" in the booth. Never before or after has this occurred in college football lol.

"Equipment malfunction" in the booth. Never before or after has this occurred in college football lol.
Texas versus USC? National championship game with Vince Young. A play with Young clearly should have been overturned (I think his knee was down before he pitched the ball). However, the booth was unable to review allegedly because of equipment failure.

Guess who? Of course the review booth had the “best” Big 10 officials.

It’s scUM, it’s in the B1G House, it’s the Wolverees. Need I saw more other than why didn’t Locksley ask for a review?
That was my question too. Didn't make any sense unless his contacts thought it was too close to challenge from the reviews

That was my question too. Didn't make any sense unless his contacts thought it was too close to challenge from the reviews

LOLs.... It wasn't close at all - it was an obvious non-interception incompletion. There are multiple Nationally syndicated articles confirming this fact.

Anybody else watch the end of the scUM - Maryland game? If so, did you see the absurd holding that was allowed on Corum's last TD? He scored untouched on sweep left from 60 yards out - the MD Defensive End has outside position but cannot move outside despite clearly trying to because he is being held by the jersey inside preventing him from moving outside - no flag. The DE is finally let go once Corum is 5 yards down the sideline and the DE stumbles straight backwards and turning at the same time. It's just absurd that the DE was permitted to be held in this fashion - it is beyond obvious.... there is nobody outside him ""seal blocking" him (he has complete outside position) but he is being held in place and prevented from moving outside the entire time Corum is sweeping left and is not permitted to move outside until Corum is 5 yards down the sideline. It's just absurd that no flag was thrown but fairly typical of how scUM games are Referined.

LMAO, even Blake Corum knows there was massive holding on the edge on MD's DE - here is an exact quote of what he said when talking about the exact play I was referencing above:

Scared me for a second because I was like, ‘If I do it, might be a hold call.’ But you know, I just did it.

Here is a LINK to the article I excerpted it from...

Let me translate what he actually meant... as I cut the play wide, I could see MD's DE - the only player who could make a play on me - was being blatantly held so he couldn't move outside to make a play on me. But it wasn't called, so it's all good....

I didn't say it was close. I was referring to Rutgers people that he relies on to look at it before he throws the flag

• Haha
Reactions: Cambria Lion
I thought the b1g claimed "every play is reviewed" by their Replay Booth Officials? You know, the ones who created a bs Penalty on Carter in the Purdue game despite no flag even being thrown on the play???
Sounds like the B1G is out to get PSU !!!!!

This is news to you???
I travel around the different B1G boards and there are 2 or 3 calls during the game that just about every fan base screams about - especially the losing teams. Fans only want to remember and harp about the iffy calls that go against them and are OK the ones they get.

Every fan base has fans that scream that all they get every bad call - just the way it is

Reactions: ivan brunetti
I travel around the different B1G boards and there are 2 or 3 calls during the game that just about every fan base screams about - especially the losing teams. Fans only want to remember and harp about the iffy calls that go against them and are OK the ones they get.

Every fan base has fans that scream that all they get every bad call - just the way it is

scUM gets 2 or 3 bad calls against them a game??? That's positively hilarious! LMAO

I thought the b1g claimed "every play is reviewed" by their Replay Booth Officials? You know, the ones who created a bs Penalty on Carter in the Purdue game despite no flag even being thrown on the play???

That I what I meant by my previous comment.

I was reading the "5 worst calls of the week" and it actually cited two "INTs" that UM made that were not INTs. I couldn't tell much from a view in the other INT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT