ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding the Monday depth chart, CJF basically said we can

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
wipe out butts with it......

Basically the previous Saturday's depth chart.
Lots can happen between Monday and Friday, and he is "hopeful" on getting Allen, Barkley..... back for this Saturday's game.

Lots can happen between Monday and Friday, and he is "hopeful" on getting Allen, Barkley..... back for this Saturday's game.

Unless there is a setback, he will play.

Let's continue to quote him then...AND I QUOTE from LAST TUESDAY..

"We are hopeful and we expect Marcus Allen back for this week(Army)"

Let's quote him some more: "We hope at some point Adam (Brenneman) will be back".

I love the guy, but I disagree with his bush league policy on injuries and how he lies about them.

By the way, IU has a DIRECT statement on Sudfeld, who is "Day to Day" for this weekend.

Let's quote him some more: "We hope at some point Adam (Brenneman) will be back".

I love the guy, but I disagree with his bush league policy on injuries and how he lies about them.

By the way, IU has a DIRECT statement on Sudfeld, who is "Day to Day" for this weekend.
LOL 'Day to Day' is a DIRECT statement????

We are all day to day....
Oh, I just had to check my pulse.
medium-smiley-117.gif

Reactions: EPC FAN
It's A STATEMENT. It's not a lie, and it isn't shady. It's at least honest.

How do you know it's not a lie? What if he is out a month does that still count as day to day? Maybe the projection is 2 - 4 weeks but they say day to day to keeps opponents on their toes, is that shady then. We have no right to know the injury of a student athlete. If the athlete wants to tell people go for it, but no one should share that on their behalf.

Why do you think he owes you a depth chart? He does not. Many colleges do not put one out. Wow, calling him a liar, really?

How is being hopeful and expecting someone back meaningfully different than the player being "day to day"? How also does the fact that he hoped and expected Allen to be ready last week and it turns out that he couldn't go a lie? Seems to me that some of you go out of your way to find fault with Franklin.

If last week were the Big Ten Championship Game instead of a non-conference game vs. Army, I believe several players that were held out would have been active. I think Barkley will be a go this week.

It's A STATEMENT. It's not a lie, and it isn't shady. It's at least honest.
What makes "day to day" any different than "hopeful they will play this week"? Day to day is coachspeak for I have no clue if they are going to play, but I'm not going to announce that to the world, they may play, they may not.

Reactions: mn78psu83
1. IT'S HIS OWN RULE, TO DISCLOSE SEASON ENDING INJURIES. Adam Brenneman: Will miss this entire season without disclosure. That's Franklin breaking his OWN rule. Not mine, not yours, not the University, and not the NCAA, nor HIPAA.

2. "we expect Marcus Allen back this week"---Franklin last week, Allen in street clothes on sideline on gameday.

I don't quite get why people get so upset by this. Lets take Brenneman for instance. Be hasn't dressed all year. Why does Franklin have to tell the public that he is out for the season? What if the reason he is out is personal? Lets say for instance he is dealing with a private health issue like cancer or a heart issue. Does Franklin owe it to us? Why?

You can blame Franklin for a lot. But to me this is a non issue

Why do you think he owes you a depth chart? He does not. Many colleges do not put one out. Wow, calling him a liar, really?

Can you read? No one called him a liar. No one said he owes us a depth chart. He puts one out on Monday. Why? Does PSU expect him to? I really don't know.

But I was merely paraphrasing his comments that the Monday depth chart is really the previous Saturday's depth chart minus any new injuries or any season ending injuries and that it bears little resemblance to what will/may happen in getting players back from previous injuries and who may or may not play in the next Saturday's game.........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT