RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
What changes do you hope/expect to see?
I want to see:
-Singleton on some outside running attempts and a wheel route
-Less play changing from the sidelines
-Trey Potts with more PT
-TEs placed a little more wide to move a LBer out of the box
-If running is working (especially with Allen) stay with it until the defense can stop it. Quit trying to be cute and fool yourself
-Allar showing more pocket presence and better mechanics
-Quick hitting pass plays (out of motion)
-Take some shots down field

How about you?

I want to see:
-Trey Potts with more PT
-If running is working (especially with Allen) stay with it until the defense can stop it. Quit trying to be cute and fool yourself

How about you?
You want all of the above accomplished in one week? I believe you should scale down your expectations.

I want to see:
-Trey Potts with more PT

How about you?

I want to see Singleton and Allen with a head of steam at the point of attack. Definitely get him on the edge.

I think it's possible some of that is already part of the playbook that wasn't used.
You’re probably right, but I don’t think they have enough time to wipe away all the dust and cobwebs from that part of the play book bye tomorrow. Then they have to see if any of the players remember them. Connor Stalions probably has a full copy if they need any help.

Reactions: RickinDayton
You’re probably right, but I don’t think they have enough time to wipe away all the dust and cobwebs from that part of the play book bye tomorrow. Then they have to see if any of the players remember them. Connor Stalions probably has a full copy if they need any help.
Remember: They are young. We have cobwebs. They are chomping at the bit. We have dentures... We have prostate problems and joint replace and drink calcium shakes.

I’d like to see less confusion getting plays off- call the play and run it. I am a little concerned with the 2 person play calling that apparently will be done. We’ve all seen that movie before and it didn’t go well.

Hopefully Potts sees more time as I think he deserves it. Hopefully some quick slants over the middle to back off the Rutgers linebackers and help the running game. I’d like to see Allar settle down in the pocket and throw with authority and good mechanics.

Overall, I’d like to see them come out with new life on offense and really play well with energy and emotion, (I know- noon start after a loss but we can hope). I’d just like to see them play better and improve on some of the previous weak areas.

I want to see:
-Trey Potts with more PT

How about you?
I'd like to see some play action passes on first down. that's it.

I suspect this is probably the most interesting game outside of OSU and UM. I suspect more than anything that Singleton will have his big game with designed runs to get him into space. I project that we score between 31 to 38 and give up 14 pts or less.

Reactions: NedFromYork
A big temptation for the co-cos is to try to be different and innovative. Hope they don’t over do that. But they need to do some things different. Another problem is that the opponent will be looking for the obvious changes,

So do the same stupid play calling as they will never expect it! …., ok that’s a joke.

Have to pass on first down more. And play action passes would help. Throw deep a few times….just to make Franklin’s skin tingle and burn. Get rid of the Slow Mo Moorehead handoffs once and for all. Counter plays and pulling linemen,

Gonna be interesting, fer sure

Last edited:
I want to see:
-Trey Potts with more PT

How about you?
That's a pretty good list. I'd add a few things like shory passes to the RB to get him in space. Maybe even a pitch out to get him outside quickly.
Reduce the number of bubble screens. Smart play calling to slow down the rush. On 2nd and 1, run the damn ball and keep your offense on the field.

I'd also like to eliminate the bone headed decisions like going for 2 in the first half and going for it on 4th down in your own territory. Oh well that won't change. Franklin is still there.

A big temptation for the co-cos is to try to be different and innovative. Hope they don’t over do that. But they need to do some things different. Another problem is that the opponent will be looking for the obvious changes,

So do the same stupid play calling as they will never expect it! …., ok that’s a joke.

Have to pass on first down more. And play action passes would help. Throw deep a few times….just to make Franklin’s skin tingle and burn. Get rid of Slow Mo Moorehead handoffs once and for all. Counter plays and pulling linemen,

Gonna be interesting, fer sure
The only creativity they need is to play to their players strengths not the obvious. Sometimes this season, I asked myself, who is paying Yurcich to be an idiot?

You guys are assuming that the stuff you want to see is in the play book. The co-offensive coordinators only have a few days.

Don't expect anything but more disappointment. Hopefully at least the pre-snap crap ends.

I want to see the play called, Drew get them set, then run the god damn play. Then I want to see the same thing on every god damn play.

I never never EVER need to see one more single check with me from this offense ever again.

I want to see:
-Trey Potts with more PT

How about you?
Our TEs are poor blockers. Moving them outside would take a defender out of the box. Moorehead had no success until he moved Gesicki wide.

Our TEs are poor blockers. Moving them outside would take a defender out of the box. Moorehead had no success until he moved Gesicki wide.
I am actually shocked how bad they are at blocking. I have seen both Johnson and Warren completely wiff on blocks that would've sprung RBs for big gains.

I want to see the play called, Drew get them set, then run the god damn play. Then I want to see the same thing on every god damn play.

I never never EVER need to see one more single check with me from this offense ever again.
Nothing they look at on the sidelines is helping them relative to successful plays. All of this looking at the sideline shit is way overrated.

I don’t understand the hate for check-with-me. Why would you be okay with lining up, seeing the defense and realizing it’s a bad playcall into what they’re showing and just go, “okay, well let’s run it anyways.” That was Paterno’s offenses during the dark years when our QBs weren’t allowed to audible and just had to line up and run it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT