ADVERTISEMENT

Refs have made me not care about football

The refs stole 7, possibly 10+ (assuming a FG after the missed late hit on Clifford) from PSU today.

Also, why was the winning 2 pt conversion not reviewed? It looked to me like it might have hit the ground, although I didn't see a great camera angle.

The refs stole 7, possibly 10+ (assuming a FG after the missed late hit on Clifford) from PSU today.

Also, why was the winning 2 pt conversion not reviewed? It looked to me like it might have hit the ground, although I didn't see a great camera angle.
Bad officiating took away a good TD from Illinois allowing the game to go to OT.

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
Explain. Ball was received past the line of scrimmage making both the lineman downfield and the WR blocking penalties which would not have been had he received it behind the line of scrimmage. You are wrong.
The ball was caught behind the line, not past. As always, if I am wrong once I see a really good video, I'll acknowledge it. The replay I saw was behind the line.

You sir are totally dishonest or need glasses. Simply, it was not!!!!
I just watched a really good shot (though the angle was far from ideal) of it was clearly right on the line. Could have been past, could have short. Nothing I saw on the replay indicates the ball was caught downfield.

This is way down at the bottom of bad play calling and bad officiating and had no effect on the outcome, but didn't Illinois get an extra time out in OT? They called one to ice PSU's kicker on a field-goal attempt (that was in OT, right?) and then called another one to set the defense on a 2-point conversion. No one complained about it, so maybe I'm wrong. You get just one time out in overtime, right?

This is way down at the bottom of bad play calling and bad officiating and had no effect on the outcome, but didn't Illinois get an extra time out in OT? They called one to ice PSU's kicker on a field-goal attempt (that was in OT, right?) and then called another one to set the defense on a 2-point conversion. No one complained about it, so maybe I'm wrong. You get just one time out in overtime, right?

One in EACH overtime!

Bad officiating took away a good TD from Illinois allowing the game to go to OT.
Not even close dude. The OL was at least 3 yards down the field on the first one and it was an obvious holding call on the second (one they finally called). Refs didn’t cause PSU to lose although as Orlovsky said you can’t not call the late hit on Clifford and then call a BS pass interference in Porter on the ensuing possession. Apparently the refs don’t understand that you can bump a receiver before the ball is thrown. In retrospect another missed FG by Stout was a killer.

Not even close dude. The OL was at least 3 yards down the field on the first one and it was an obvious holding call on the second (one they finally called). Refs didn’t cause PSU to lose although as Orlovsky said you can’t not call the late hit on Clifford and then call a BS pass interference in Porter on the ensuing possession. Apparently the refs don’t understand that you can bump a receiver before the ball is thrown. In retrospect another missed FG by Stout was a killer.
If the receiver was behind the line, and all evidence says he was, though not conclusively, both penalties were legal plays.

Right around the time the coaches were shaking hands, you could hear the PA announcer make a statement saying the ruling of a catch had been confirmed.
This announcement wouldn't come from the PA announcer; it would come from the refs. There was no such announcement.

They were pretty f n bad. Took 7 pts off the board for us and missed a huge blatant block in the back on first good conversion for Illinois.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
I just watched a really good shot (though the angle was far from ideal) of it was clearly right on the line. Could have been past, could have short. Nothing I saw on the replay indicates the ball was caught downfield.
You are a Pitt fan and liar.

Yes they are. If the refs actually called holding and blocking in the back, the Illinois running game would be far less effective.

Why have rules if the refs don't enforce them.
I thought I never see a program like ours complaining about a team like Illinois.

I will say this, one missed call absolutely did hurt PSU: the missed late hit on Clifford. PSU still had the momentum, was driving after a fumble recovery, and looking to go up 17-7 and ice the game. Pass on 3rd and 7 was incomplete, was holding on PSU, but no late hit on Clifford.

I suppose if they would have called it, it would have just replayed the 3rd and 7 anyway, and it’s no sure thing PSU would have converted. As it was, it wasn’t called and Stout missed a FG.

I will say this, one missed call absolutely did hurt PSU: the missed late hit on Clifford. PSU still had the momentum, was driving after a fumble recovery, and looking to go up 17-7 and ice the game. Pass on 3rd and 7 was incomplete, was holding on PSU, but no late hit on Clifford.

I suppose if they would have called it, it would have just replayed the 3rd and 7 anyway, and it’s no sure thing PSU would have converted. As it was, it wasn’t called and Stout missed a FG.
If Stout makes the field goal....we win.

The worst call of the game was the nonTD forward progress call after the fumble. Not the forward progress, but that they placed the ball at the original line of scrimmage. The ten yard line. The player clearly was tackled between the 7 or 8 yard line.

The next was not calling roughing the QB when SC got injured again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT