ADVERTISEMENT

Refs have made me not care about football

The first call of the game was the nonTD forward progress call after the fumble. Not the forward progress, but that they placed the ball at the original line of scrimmage. The ten yard line. The player clearly was tackled between the 7 or 8 yard line.

The next was not calling roughing the QB when SC got injured again.
Ironically, Tarburton wrapped up Sitkowski and he was turning when Brisker hit him and forced a fumble. Gee, no progress stopped there. Ref crew was a joke. We got a personal foul call on a fumble recovery because our guy was trying to stop an Illinois guy from mugging the recovery guy. Ridiculous. How would the fumble recovery in the EZ have affected the outcome? We will never know.

I will say this, one missed call absolutely did hurt PSU: the missed late hit on Clifford. PSU still had the momentum, was driving after a fumble recovery, and looking to go up 17-7 and ice the game. Pass on 3rd and 7 was incomplete, was holding on PSU, but no late hit on Clifford.

I suppose if they would have called it, it would have just replayed the 3rd and 7 anyway, and it’s no sure thing PSU would have converted. As it was, it wasn’t called and Stout missed a FG.
I also thought there was a PI against Dotson that didn't get called in that sequence. He was in the end zone and the defender was all over him and he was unable to make much of a play on the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT