ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit Visiting

Junglekitty

Feb 15, 2018
Robert Howard tweets he’ll be in attendance this weekend. Tried posting the pic of his tweet but couldn’t get it to work for some reason.

Any idea where Cael was yesterday? In the intro to the coaches show they noted he was on a recruiting trip....

Come on class of 2020. I predict we get at least three of the top 15 guys for another killer class.

Reactions: diggerpup
From Flo's P4P rankings earlier this year, I could see the staff focusing much of their attention on the following wrestlers:

Pound 4 Pound

1. Sr. Cohlton Schultz, Ponderosa, CO 285 lbs. (1)
2. Sr. Greg Kerkvliet, Simley MN 220 lbs. Oklahoma St. (2)
3. Jr. AJ Ferrari Blair NJ 195 lbs. (3)
4. Jr. Jesse Vasquez Santiago CA 138 lbs. (4)
5. Jr. Robert Howard Bergen Catholic NJ 120 lbs. (5)
6. Jr. Braxton Amos Parkersburg WV 195 lbs. (6)
7. Sr. Andrew Alirez Greeley CO 152 lbs. N. Colorado (7)
8. Jr. Josh Saunders Christian Bros. MO 132 lbs. (8)
9. Sr. Jordan Decatur CVCA OH 132 lbs. Ohio State (10)
10. So. Carson Manville Wy Sem PA 145 lbs. (11)

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup and garw
From Flo's P4P rankings earlier this year, I could see the staff focusing much of their attention on the following wrestlers:

Pound 4 Pound

And we know Braxton Amos was in for a visit -- though his plans to drop to 195 next year (to prep for college 197) might not be good news for us.

Also gotta think Cael will go after a 174 next year if Starocci goes elsewhere. A couple good 2020 candidates would be Thayne Lawrence (if he can grow) and Gerrit Nijenhuis (if he can hold 174). The next big prize is 2021 Alex Facundo, but he might be hard to pry out of Michigan.

And we know Braxton Amos was in for a visit -- though his plans to drop to 195 next year (to prep for college 197) might not be good news for us.

Also gotta think Cael will go after a 174 next year if Starocci goes elsewhere. A couple good 2020 candidates would be Thayne Lawrence (if he can grow) and Gerrit Nijenhuis (if he can hold 174). The next big prize is 2021 Alex Facundo, but he might be hard to pry out of Michigan.

Is C. Manville likely to be in the 57-65 range?

If he follows Masons trajectory, 165. Man would it be a shame if we dont get him, he will be #1 PFP as a senior. Insanely talented.

Kinda sorta, hence the smiley face...just playing, and it wasn't intended for you. If there is an ounce of difference, it's directed at those that think they know better than the coaches.

Unlike me, they were late to Kharchla party. Thanks, Carl.

Robert Howard tweets he’ll be in attendance this weekend. Tried posting the pic of his tweet but couldn’t get it to work for some reason.

Penn State needs to do the right thing and save this young fella from having to spend 4 years in some dumpy midwest city with a crack monkey assistant coach who likes to be tossed after big wins

Squad is loaded. Focus on Howard, Ferrari, and Amos as Juniors now. HS Sophomores Facundo and Manville fit in real well! Dominating the globe is paramount....
SO Van Ness had a real eye-opening performance an S32.

Realize this has already been said, but...

I'll take Aaron Brooks, Michael Beard, Seth 'Big Snacks' Nevills, and Joe Lee over anyone else's incoming class for next year.

Exactly. Cael changing the game once again and these other fans don’t understand. Doesn’t matter what year recruiting class. It’s a matter of what guys come in each year to fill needs and space out things.

This year they needed the lightweights so they bring in the little guys. Next year they need to fill in the upper weights and they bring in the big guys

Stable of studs on the sidelines just chomping to get in. Love it

Cael playing chess while the rest of the country playing checkers

Last edited:
Exactly. Cael changing the game once again and these other fans don’t understand. Doesn’t matter what year recruiting class. It’s a matter of what guys come in each year.

This year they needed the lightweights so they bring in the little guys. Next year they need to fill in the upper weights and they bring in the big guys

The theories on other boards about our light class this year are humorous

The theories on other boards about our light class this year are humorous

Yep, and this pretty much pulls the rug out from under all the cheating, slush fund, summer camp payments rhetoric out there. With 9.9 you need to be judicious and Cael has pretty much proved beyond argument he is the best.

Over the past 5-6 years we have seen some very stacked teams top to bottom tOSU last year OSU the year prior - one might start showing concern how they can fill a 10 weight team 1-2 deep with only 9.9?

Cael's formula seems to recognize 2-5 national champion caliber kids who deliver high bonus trump's 8+ mid-AAs in both duals and at the tourney.

Cael basically passed on this class due to the talent level, team need and balancing the 9.9.

I think we will find he pulls in 3-4 elite kids from the 2020 class because it is loaded with talent and all the old hand wringing will ramp up again on the other boards.

All hail Cael, he knows exactly what he is doing

Exactly. Cael changing the game once again and these other fans don’t understand. Doesn’t matter what year recruiting class. It’s a matter of what guys come in each year to fill needs and space out things.

I heard that we don't have any big board top 100 recruits and times are changing. It's good to see other boards optimistic,

You’re the best Lemon. Don’t ever change. Love your personality on the board

He does seem to bring a healthy dose of reality check to this board at times and keeps things in perspective, even with the sky is falling mentality. Can't fault him for that. I respect someone who's honest.

IDK if RBYs performance today was a good or bad thing. ;) I guess we can spin it that he may not be at 33 for long.

Reactions: diggerpup

Pound 4 Pound

Me thinks whomever gets the big Ferrari will be getting another in a couple years. I can't imagine a single school that won't be fighting hard for that pair... Ferraris aren't cheap..... Where can I donate to the slush fund?

Pyles just tweeted that a big recruitbis committing on FLO on Tuesday and the two early comments speculate Howard...he has visits planned and mentioned taking his time, I doubt it’s him.

Any other guesses? I have no clue, but curious of course...

Pyles just tweeted that a big recruitbis committing on FLO on Tuesday and the two early comments speculate Howard...he has visits planned and mentioned taking his time, I doubt it’s him.

Any other guesses? I have no clue, but curious of course...

"I bet Cael told him he wasnt allowed to take his other visits" - HR irregulars

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT