ADVERTISEMENT

Reality

Expectations for this team were probably too high, and now people will be disappointed if we win 10 games and a decent bowl. I think that's a shame, too- because these kids are playing their hearts out.

Keep the faith.

No I disagree. Today they were not playing their hearts out. I saw a lot of guys just going through the motions.

And let's not even get into Coaching today.

I love this team, but I saw a DL that just ran into blocks much of the time with no technique at all.

I saw a lot of DBs standing around not making plays and out of position.

LdN

Expectations for this team were probably too high, and now people will be disappointed if we win 10 games and a decent bowl. I think that's a shame, too- because these kids are playing their hearts out.

Keep the faith.

"Playing their hearts out?" Bless your heart. You go on believing that, if it gives you comfort.

I saw incredible lapses in concentration today, both on the field and on the sidelines. Including #2 with the late hit.

No I disagree. Today they were not playing their hearts out. I saw a lot of guys just going through the motions.

And let's not even get into Coaching today.

I love this team, but I saw a DL that just ran into blocks much of the time with no technique at all.

LdN
Oh please, all a coach can do is put a team in a position to win....we were certainly in many positions to win and didn't make the plays needed. Coaches can't go out and play for the guys. MSU's OC looked like a genius becaue their receivers made some ridiculous plays.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
Get to 10 wins, keep the recruiting class together. The season is not all lost because you need to finish strong for recruiting momentum. This team does not have the depth yet and needs to continue to recruit well. All is not lost, but definitely disappointing.

Losing to the only two decent teams on the schedule hurts. Much like Clemson did en route to it's two title game appearances, we need to go out and hire a top notch defensive coordinator. No point in upgrading the talent if you are going to keep the man with a poor defensive strategy against the only two teams with a pulse.

Still not a full roster yet. We are playing with skinny OLBs as DEs, our elite DTs have not arrived yet, our LBs are solid but none spectacular and the best ones are still on their way, no depth at TE yet, can't quite survive the loss of our best OL,
...but soon those things will no longer be a problem.

Keep the faith.
Not sure if my expectations were too high. But we we shit the bed today as a 9 or 10 point favorite. Anyways will enjoy next 2 home games.

It is what it is. But as comforting as it may be to say the expectations were too high, this team should be 9-0 right now.
I think many people thought that, but I really don't see why. We opened with a schedule of stiffs, basically the Walking Dead- but then got into the meat of the schedule with three tough games in a row. We don't have a lot of strength on either line and those are the most important units on any team. That's reality, and the fact that it wasn't evident when playing inferior competition doesn't change it.

We sometimes act like we have some long unbroken history of having great teams- when we haven't had a great team, a team good enough to win it all, since 1994.

This is a good team, trying to pretend that it is, or could have been, a great one sets you up for disappointment- that's all I'm saying.

Reactions: djr4rebs
"Playing their hearts out?" Bless your heart. You go on believing that, if it gives you comfort.

I saw incredible lapses in concentration today, both on the field and on the sidelines. Including #2 with the late hit.

HE IS A CAPTAIN LAYOFF... HE HAS SPIRIT AND HOOKS HIS CHEEKS AND IS THEY HYPE MAN WITH OUT HIM IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A 5 TD GAME. ALL HE DID WAS TRY TO BRING THE ENERGY WITH THE LAST PENALTY!

Reactions: VaLion'92

Keep the faith.

Reality is the game is, has, and always will be won up front. We’re just not there yet.

Oh please, all a coach can do is put a team in a position to win....we were certainly in many positions to win and didn't make the plays needed. Coaches can't go out and play for the guys. MSU's OC looked like a genius becaue their receivers made some ridiculous plays.

Bull a coach can teach proper technique... How many 3rd downs did we give up because they let receivers run free with not one jam at the LOS.. That's a reflection of coaching-- the player in their technique ---and the calling of the defensive formation, so you might as well stick the coaches out there to get the same result

Coaches shit the bed last week, players shit the bed this week. Doesn't make me feel good.

Bull a coach can teach proper technique... How many 3rd downs did we give up because they let receivers run free with not one jam at the LOS.. That's a reflection of coaching-- the player in their technique ---and the calling of the defensive formation, so you might as well stick the coaches out there to get the same result
And I'll bet a year's paycheck the coaches are coaching technique all the time. Also, these guys have been learning technique their whole lives. That doesn't mean they don't have break downs or make stupid mistakes. Hell, pro players mess up all the time too. You can teach them, that doesn't mean they always do it. Better talent makes coaches look better. Remember when Franklin was always 7-5? Now he's more like 10-2. Did he suddenly learn how to coach? No, he's always known how to coach, now he has better talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT