ADVERTISEMENT

RBY still commited?

I have not heard anything official so far. A month back, there were reports that he was following Brands on twitter. That's all I heard. As far as I know, he's still a future Nittany Lion.

I haven't see anything, either. If I had to guess I'd say this guy is saying he "opened up his commitment" whenever he started following Brands on Twitter immediately after Gavin Teasdale de-committed from Iowa and committed to PSU.

So far there is no evidence other than the Twitter follow that would suggest he has opened up his commitment. There is plenty of room at the Inn for RBY.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I haven't see anything, either. If I had to guess I'd say this guy is saying he "opened up his commitment" whenever he started following Brands on Twitter immediately after Gavin Teasdale de-committed from Iowa and committed to PSU.

So far there is no evidence other than the Twitter follow that would suggest he has opened up his commitment. There is plenty of room at the Inn for RBY.
I hope he stays with Penn State. However, he will do well at either school.

@ggcpsu and I surmised that he made a rash decision (as kids do) when Gavin committed. If that's the case, we likely settled down, realized that there is room for both he and Teasdale, and while he still could well go elsewhere, has realized that it's not something he HAS to do.

...Nick, Gavin, Roman,the Lees and Berge ....in whatever order ... a powerful starting lineup for the future...

@ggcpsu and I surmised that he made a rash decision (as kids do) when Gavin committed. If that's the case, we likely settled down, realized that there is room for both he and Teasdale, and while he still could well go elsewhere, has realized that it's not something he HAS to do.
clay your a media guy.....call the kid and solve this

Reactions: Ja1339
Wasn't RBY the guy who posted a picture of himself walking on a blue wrestling mat and everyone was saying that this meant he was decommitting from Penn State?

More concerned with getting Snacks, Beard and or Hoffman to be honest. Although RBY would be nice

More concerned with getting Snacks, Beard and or Hoffman to be honest. Although RBY would be nice

Agree but RBY would sure be nice too!

I like the idea of taking of next year's team of 5 national champions plus champion contender in Suriano and high AA candidate Nick Nevills, potential AA candidate in Cortez; then add in three top ten incoming studs in Manville, Lee, and Berge.

Then, while we're debating whether next year's team is the best we've ever witnessed, we potentially get ready to welcome the best incoming class in the Cael era with 4 top 6 hammers in Teasdale, RBY, Whittlake, and Beard. And a fifth top ten stud in Big Snacks (I mean Seth Nevills).

I hate to sound greedy, but I'd love to see them all come to Happy Valley. I know this scenario may be a longshot, but what a team that would be. Imagine how good the second team would be?

Agree but RBY would sure be nice too!

I like the idea of taking of next year's team of 5 national champions plus champion contender in Suriano and high AA candidate Nick Nevills, potential AA candidate in Cortez; then add in three top ten incoming studs in Manville, Lee, and Berge.

Then, while we're debating whether next year's team is the best we've ever witnessed, we potentially get ready to welcome the best incoming class in the Cael era with 4 top 6 hammers in Teasdale, RBY, Whittlake, and Beard. And a fifth top ten stud in Big Snacks (I mean Seth Nevills).

I hate to sound greedy, but I'd love to see them all come to Happy Valley. I know this scenario may be a longshot, but what a team that would be. Imagine how good the second team would be?
Cortez needs a lot of work on his feet to be really good !!!!

Reactions: Dogwelder
I think having Rei in the room will help him greatly. In fact, I think it will also help George and Tristan, and Nick S.
Watching Parker horse him last year, I felt like adding bulk would be a great thing for him. The move to 141, might be just what he needs, and he might in fact be stronger at 41, but Parker horsed him, no two ways around it.

I hope so. Great talent to form part of a lower weight murderers row with GT and others, plus getting a guy out of Arizona broadens our footprint.

Wasn't RBY the guy who posted a picture of himself walking on a blue wrestling mat and everyone was saying that this meant he was decommitting from Penn State?
I saw that and I believe that tweet was in regard to an article written about him and used that picture. It was totally coincidental as to the timing of the Teasdale announcement.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I saw that and I believe that tweet was in regard to an article written about him and used that picture. It was totally coincidental as to the timing of the Teasdale announcement.

Yeah, that's what I thought at the time, but others on this board were convinced that it had significance and meant that he was de-committing from Penn State.

Yeah, that's what I thought at the time, but others on this board were convinced that it had significance and meant that he was de-committing from Penn State.

Ok, I had to go check out his Twitter (no, I didnt ask him about his commitment :confused:). Anyway, he recently liked Willie's tweet about Penn State's 19/20 lineup, which includes both RBY and Teasdale. Take it for whatever it's worth...

Ok, I had to go check out his Twitter (no, I didnt ask him about his commitment :confused:). Anyway, he recently liked Willie's tweet about Penn State's 19/20 lineup, which includes both RBY and Teasdale. Take it for whatever it's worth...
46b16af673c729bb406cd5359b35b491_mr-burns-mr-burns-excellent-meme_600-470.jpeg

That's just the kind of trickery we're paying you for

Your twitter game is strong!

Reactions: Sullivan
2018 recruiting class RBY, GT, Witt, Snacks, JLee coming in......thats scary...then add the possibility of beard or Hoffman joining.....Katy bar the door.
Those other fan bases envisioning the title race opening up in 2020 or so (you know who you are) better recalibrate their prognostication instruments as Cael just changed the inputs.

would think no news is good news on the RBY front.. longer he sticks with commitment the better.. Amazing class Cael is putting together.

Reactions: BL1975
Cael has quite a roster of MMA guys who look up to him - Cael often combines recruiting trips with visits to MMA gyms.

I believe the kid on the right in the pick w RBY is little RBY.....AzChief if your lurking confirm or someone else from the left coast.

Personally I really like Cael's IAFF shirt. ;)
Ah, a firefighter on the board. I love what they call firefighters in Australia (as they nickname everything) - "Firey"

Here's a picture of my nephew (in middle with earbuds atop his earlobes) who's a junior firefighter and wrestler:

http://www.southmediafire.com/2016/10/01/recruiting-junior-firefighters/

My sister is quite the traveler and takes her kids on trips often. Cam has visited many a fire house in far away lands like Slovakia. He always gets a warm welcome. The coolest encounter was when they were in Prague's famous town square. They spotted a young firefighter and his truck at the edge of the square. With thousands of tourists around totally ignoring the fireman and instead gazing at the Baroque architecture around them, Cam, his sister and mom introduced themselves to the fireman and got quite a tour of Czech equipment. Some hilarious pictures of Cam putting on gear while a bunch of Chinese tourists look on confused.

Reactions: jtothemfp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT